Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

Most vehicle deaths are caused by accidents.

There is such a thing as accidentally shooting a person, but aiming a gun at someone is a bit more deliberate than driving off the road.

It's an apples-oranges kind of comparison, IMO.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

The point is, a car can and will still kill someone. I read recently that road rage incidents are on the rise. A girl walking down the street yelled something at a speeding car - the psycho turned around and ran her right over. I really don't think the purpose of a thing matters, the point is, it can and will still be used against someone sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Now...why don't we all go and say something nice about today's dog/cat/pet?
    I bit my tongue on this earlier in the thread. Your opinions are right? We should drop it?

And CP...this has been a fairly civilized conversation so far. Suggesting people who disagree with you "should seek therapy" is not only rude, incendiary and illogical - but invites a response I am working hard not to give.
    I am not a rude person or all the other fancy words you use. I was serious about the therapy. I feel bad for anyone who lives their life in fear. I never suggested that people who disagree with me get therapy. I said [Those of you who are worried about being shot out in public, perhaps you should seek therapy.]

If you have something to say to me, don't be shy, go for it. I'm a big girl, I can handle it.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    This whole thread is about opinions - and I'm sure we all know what is said about those! I see no right or wrong in anything that anyone has said, and this discussion could go on and on and on with no resolution. I respect everyone's opinion - afterall - that's what makes us all individual and unique. Opinions-opinions-opinions...........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by catlady1945 View Post
    Specious argument - pretty sure everyone knows that a pickup truck is nowhere near the same as loaded guns in your pants or on the dresser in the bedroom.
    Funny, I've had firearms my entire adult life, handled firearms since I was a teen, and none of the firearms I own have ever run out of the house and shot someone.

Vehicles, however, have autonomously killed people routinely, just read the headlines. "SUV goes out of control, Kills 3", etc.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

6. Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    I bit my tongue on this earlier in the thread. Your opinions are right? We should drop it?

I am not a rude person or all the other fancy words you use. I was serious about the therapy. I feel bad for anyone who lives their life in fear. I never suggested that people who disagree with me get therapy. I said [Those of you who are worried about being shot out in public, perhaps you should seek therapy.]

If you have something to say to me, don't be shy, go for it. I'm a big girl, I can handle it.
    Not once did I suggest the discussion should be dropped. I have stated before that I think it would be nice if more people responded to the Dog/Cat/Pet of the day threads. You see something evil in that? Hmmmm...

Living in fear... In fact...didn't you say earlier that is WHY you have a gun on your dresser? Because you are afraid?

I do not want to get into personal attacks.

I would hope we can express our opinions with having to disparage those with whom we disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    There's that 'gun on the dresser in the bedroom' again. Mine's still there. Hasn't caused any trouble yet. But oh no, I drive a truck!!! I guess I have more to worry about now. Maybe I should stop driving.
    Those of you who are worried about being shot out in public, perhaps you should seek therapy. There is NOTHING in this world that can assure that you will get home alive. NOTHING! Gun control won't change that.
    I don't think it's the TRUCK....It's the gasoline that makes the truck go vroom.

Convict gas station owners.

but invites a response I am working hard not to give.
    With this, I felt you had something you wanted to say to me, sorry, my mistake.

Not once did I suggest the discussion should be dropped. I have stated before that I think it would be nice if more people responded to the Dog/Cat/Pet of the day threads. You see something evil in that? Hmmmm..

Living in fear... In fact...didn't you say earlier that is WHY you have a gun on your dresser? Because you are afraid?

I do not want to get into personal attacks.

I would hope we can express our opinions with having to disparage those with whom we disagree.
    What a funny place, in the gun discussion to mention posting on the DOTD/COTD/POTD. Forgive me if I didn't understand that. I did use the >< . BTW, I try to reply to most of them daily.

I do not live in fear. I mentioned several times I doubt anyone would break in my house at night with my dogs here.

I don't want personal attacks either. You twisted my words of seeking help if you live in fear into me saying anyone who disagrees with me needs therapy. I didn't care for that.
    Forever in my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I don't think it's the TRUCK....It's the gasoline that makes the truck go vroom.

Convict gas station owners.
    Thanks Richard, I'm just headed out in my TRUCK! Now I can worry about the gasoline too!
    Forever in my heart...

10. Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    With this, I felt you had something you wanted to say to me, sorry, my mistake.

What a funny place, in the gun discussion to mention posting on the DOTD/COTD/POTD. Forgive me if I didn't understand that. I did use the >< . BTW, I try to reply to most of them daily.

I do not live in fear. I mentioned several times I doubt anyone would break in my house at night with my dogs here.

I don't want personal attacks either. You twisted my words of seeking help if you live in fear into me saying anyone who disagrees with me needs therapy. I didn't care for that.
    Yes. I know you reply often on the "of the Day". I wish more people did. There are some people who only post in non-pet threads - especially the Dog House. I am sorry if you misunderstaood that.

I didn't care for the suggestion that people who do not like guns need therapy. I am more angry than fearful. Resentful in fact. Do not twist that into some mental imbalance needing therapy. But nonetheless - I do not know a person who does not have some fear. I would think someone without fear is more in need of therapy.

But once again...and I guess every time someone tries to make the connection between guns and vehicles...the purpose of a gun is to kill. The purpose of a vehicle is to move people or goods from place to place. If used correct a vehicle does not kill. If used correctly a guns does.

But once again...and I guess every time someone tries to make the connection between guns and vehicles...the purpose of a gun is to kill. The purpose of a vehicle is to move people or goods from place to place. If used correct a vehicle does not kill. If used correctly a guns does.
    And again, both are tools, completely harmless unless used by someone of ill intent. One just happens to be a convenience of modern life that 90% of the population of the US would be protesting if they were controlled properly (German licensing requirements for vehicles and their traffic code are an excellent starting point).

The people need help and in some cases control, the objects are harmless. Under current law it is actually illegal to check someone's mental health background as part of a NICS check due to various and sundry restrictions.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    And again, both are tools, completely harmless unless used by someone of ill intent. One just happens to be a convenience of modern life that 90% of the population of the US would be protesting if they were controlled properly (German licensing requirements for vehicles and their traffic code are an excellent starting point).

The people need help and in some cases control, the objects are harmless. Under current law it is actually illegal to check someone's mental health background as part of a NICS check due to various and sundry restrictions.

NICS = National Instant Criminal Background Check System - dunno why there's no B in the acronym!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Those of you who are worried about being shot out in public, perhaps you should seek therapy.
    Please ES, show me where in this sentence I said people who don't like guns need therapy. And I said 'perhaps'.

I didn't care for the suggestion that people who do not like guns need therapy. I am more angry than fearful. Resentful in fact. Do not twist that into some mental imbalance needing therapy. But nonetheless - I do not know a person who does not have some fear. I would think someone without fear is more in need of therapy.

Now I called you imbalanced? I'm sorry you are afraid of guns and I am not. I'm not the first or only person in this thread that brought up TRUCKS! I just happen to drive a TRUCK and I replied.

And yes, most of us have some fears, even me. And what's with the *do not* at me? Far as I know Karen is still the mayor here and you aren't my mother. Now I'm gonna go check out the POTD and the COTD, haven't replied to them yet.
    Forever in my heart...

14. Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Please ES, show me where in this sentence I said people who don't like guns need therapy. And I said 'perhaps'.

Now I called you imbalanced? I'm sorry you are afraid of guns and I am not. I'm not the first or only person in this thread that brought up TRUCKS! I just happen to drive a TRUCK and I replied.

And yes, most of us have some fears, even me. And what's with the *do not* at me? Far as I know Karen is still the mayor here and you aren't my mother. Now I'm gonna go check out the POTD and the COTD, haven't replied to them yet.
    Then who were you suggesting perhaps needs therapy? Just curious...

And...yup...I drive a truck too. Not a clue what that has to do with anything...

Now you got me curious...so I went through all the pages of this thread...to find where I said I am afraid of guns...and do you know what? I didn't. So please...you don't like your words twisted...neither do I.

Then who were you suggesting perhaps needs therapy? Just curious...

And...yup...I drive a truck too. Not a clue what that has to do with anything...

Now you got me curious...so I went through all the pages of this thread...to find where I said I am afraid of guns...and do you know what? I didn't. So please...you don't like your words twisted...neither do I.
    Maybe you can go back through again and see who I said 'perhaps' might need therapy, not quoting it 'yet' again.

No clue here either about the TRUCK thing. Not the one who first brought up vehicles.

Ok, so you don't like guns, is that right? Again, my mistake, very sorry.

Maybe we can change this thread to the ES and CP thread, ya think? y-a-w-n
    Forever in my heart...