Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I guess we do need tighter gun control laws.

A woman with a gun could be dangerous?

Attachment 55910
    Just as dangerous as a man with a gun, but in the end, let's hope that intelligence win and the gun laws are changed! What a peaceful world we could live in.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Just as dangerous as a man with a gun, but in the end, let's hope that intelligence win and the gun laws are changed! What a peaceful world we could live in.
    I am for tighter gun control laws - background checks and tighter rules concerning ownership and the sales of any weapons.

The problems arise when you have people who

Don't want their health/mental records looked at.
    Do not want to be bothered to go to a gun safety class.
    Do not want to register their weapons - for fear that the gov't. will come for them.
    People who have an irrational fear about weapons and the people who own them.

Not all people who own guns want

Assault weapons
    Machine guns
    Large capacity magazines

The people that are visible in the media and the government DO NOT speak for the people who enjoy owning and
    using guns for sport or hunting.

One of the funniest 'talking points' in the media is the portrayal of gun owners being "Gun Nuts" and wanting to have machine guns, hand grenades and living in bunkers with a year's worth of food.

It's a sensational look at the whole gun issue.

----------------------

Here in America we have a saying that goes soemthing like this.......

We have the freedom of speech, but that does not give is the right to scream "FIRE" in a crowed theater.

It would cause a panic and people will get hurt.

The people screaming 'FIRE' are the same people that are going on and on about the evils of gun ownership.
    Most of them would not own a firearm, hold a firearm or go to learn the proper use of and shooting one.

It's just like me commenting on birthing a baby.

I can watch it, but I can't comment on it because it's not me on the table.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Changing the firearms laws in the United States to end gun violence it putting a band-aid on arterial bleeding.

Legal firearms owners aren't the problem.

Criminals who break the laws are the problem. Felons cannot legally own guns.

With that being the case, combined with the fact that 90+% (FBI stat, want the precise figure, look it up, it's readily available) of those who commit crimes with firearms were already convicted criminals BEFORE they ever got their hands on a firearm (read.....they were already legally unable to purchase a firearm), it clearly shows the problem isn't firearms. It's societal.

Legalize marijuana and decriminalize certain other drugs and the funding for the gangs dries up.

Provide realistic education for children that enables them to get employment on graduating high school and gang membership isn't so "cool".

Make parents be parents, and take children away from those who are categorically unable to care for them.(yes, that may mean recreating orphanages. Regulated, they would be a damned sight better than what many children have as parents)

Open mental health records to the NICS system.

All of this would have an effect on firearms issues.

None of this would affect already lawful owners.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Silence from the the ES echo chamber, typical.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Silence from the the ES echo chamber, typical.
    Why don't you just drop it???? Oh - I know why - you just can't stand peace.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Why don't you just drop it???? Oh - I know why - you just can't stand peace.
    Why so angry?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Why so angry?
    I don't see any anger in that statement - other than the little "mad man".

I just find it extremely annoying when one has to the stir the pot to keep a confrontation going. Taunting people into a response is childish - like you tried in another thread where a totally innocent comment was made about "snow", and you had to make a totally uncalled for and inappropriate comment about/to the person who posted it.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Pomtzu, his signature says it all!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I don't see any anger in that statement - other than the little "mad man".

I just find it extremely annoying when one has to the stir the pot to keep a confrontation going. Taunting people into a response is childish - like you tried in another thread where a totally innocent comment was made about "snow", and you had to make a totally uncalled for and inappropriate comment about/to the person who posted it.
    Its funny you dont find it annoying when ES or Liz does the same thing on a far more regular basis, double standard maybe?

I kinda like that I have my own post stalker now with you.

So, why so angry?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Its funny you dont find it annoying when ES or Liz does the same thing on a far more regular basis, double standard maybe?

I kinda like that I have my own post stalker now with you.

So, why so angry?
    Me a stalker??? - that's really funny. All you need to do is look in the mirror to see who is the stalker here - a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. Don't flatter yourself by thinking that I am following you.

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with Liz or ES, but I most definitely disagree with you and your rude and crude tactics. I suppose that your comment about "snow" wasn't rude and crude ??? - but there you go again - the pot calling the kettle black. Obviously that shoe fit you very well and you are very familiar with snow in all of it's forms.

And I still see no anger in anything I've posted. Try disgust on for size.

And I'm curious, blue, so maybe you can answer this for me. This is a pet forum - right??? Well then why is it that you never (except on an extremely rare occasion), post anything about pets - be it yours or anyone else's??? You come here only to be rude and crude - abrupt and abrasive - as you choose to call it. Why don't you take your nastiness to a forum that would appreciate your m.o. - I've heard that there are plenty of them out there and I'm certain that you would be more than welcome to join many of them.

Nope - still no anger on my part.

Have a super happy day!!!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

And I'm curious, blue, so maybe you can answer this for me. This is a pet forum - right??? Well then why is it that you never (except on an extremely rare occasion), post anything about pets - be it yours or anyone else's??? You come here only to be rude and crude - abrupt and abrasive - as you choose to call it. Why don't you take your nastiness to a forum that would appreciate your m.o. - I've heard that there are plenty of them out there and I'm certain that you would be more than welcome to join many of them.
    I totally agree with Pomtzu. Just for the record.

Regarding the media and them feeding the outrage about the Sandy Hook shootings?

IF there was few minutes at the end of any new broadcast devoted to clearing up mistakes made during the show?

There probably would be NO news on the tube.

----------------------

During my bouts of insomnia I tune into the rebroadcasts of the days news, any talking head will make me stop and listen.

For the BS, the hairdos and to watch people foam at the mouth.

I also watch for stupidity. Then I watch some more and in the a.m. I do a little searching on the interwebz.

If it's there, I am a French model, right?

------------------------

Last night I managed to catch the last 5 minutes of my favorite stooge, Rachel Maddow.

She is still reporting that an 'assault rifle' was used in the Sandy Hook shootings, contrary to popular belief.

I flipped the channel to FOX news and there was a discussion about the father of a child shot during the massacre.

Bill O'Really (My spelling) was going on about a report from Martin Bashir, an MSNBC puppet head.

MB played a tape from a hearing where the dad was supposedly heckled by 'gun nuts' at the hearing.

----------------------

The tape played, without the cute editing, was nowhere near a crowd heckling that father.

During his testimony, the gentleman challenged the people in attendance as to why they needed assault weapons and the extended magazines.

He stoppped and said there was no one "brave enough" to answer his challenge, after silence from the crowd, he repeated his challenge and a few people spoke up.

A gentleman (one of the politicos) then asked the crowd to quiet down, or the gallery would be cleared.

---------------------

The snappy editing and sloppy reporting made is sound like the GUN NUTS in the seats were acting like morons and disrespecting the man/hearings.

There is enough of a problem with idiots shooting up public areas - now we have to worry about the media making up stories, fanning the flames and never being help responsible for lying to the people who 'rely' on them for a story.

I guess it's true that 'truth be damned'?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Me a stalker??? - that's really funny. All you need to do is look in the mirror to see who is the stalker here - a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. Don't flatter yourself by thinking that I am following you.
    I only respond to you when you are direct with me, I respect you.

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with Liz or ES, but I most definitely disagree with you and your rude and crude tactics. I suppose that your comment about "snow" wasn't rude and crude ??? - but there you go again - the pot calling the kettle black. Obviously that shoe fit you very well and you are very familiar with snow in all of it's forms.

And I still see no anger in anything I've posted. Try disgust on for size.
    I find jokes about liberals and hard drugs funny. Cocaine=snow add in a liberal complaining, funny and I fail to find it crude. Now the urine freezing before it hits the ground, crude? Yes, still funny.

I lurk mostly. I dont need my ego fed by the cute things my dogs or cat do so I dont post those. I do enjoy the posts of others, I just dont feel the need to comment. I also dont have the experience to comment in the posts needing expert help.

Nope - still no anger on my part.
    Lot of text for no anger issues with me.

Have a super happy day!!!
    Appreciate the happy thoughts while I am under the weather.

To add. Im not much liked here, by you and others. Im sure if I where to start commenting in the general areas my anti fan club would start hijacking innocent threads to attack me, the Echo Chamber.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

I can expound my response if the previous wasnt sufficient, Pom or sasvermont. Just let me know where I was insufficient.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

I can expound my response if the previous wasnt sufficient, Pom or sasvermont. Just let me know where I was insufficient.
    There you go again - you just can't drop it. However, I'm dropping it, as it really isn't worth my time.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013