Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

Blue, if you add wooden furniture and take away that evil, evil bayonet lug, they are definitely less scary. Just ask Sen. Feinstein!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Thank you for making my point about concealed carry. I do not know how many firearms are within my range on any given day. And I think that is a terrible shame. And morally wrong..

You being harmed by a person with a concealed carry permit is almost a zero probability event.

You being harmed by someone with a vehicle is almost a statistical certainty.

However, you rail and gnash your teeth about the near-zero probability event, and blithely ignore the statistically certain event?

Then you have the gall to accuse another person of using no logic?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    You being harmed by a person with a concealed carry permit is almost a zero probability event.

You being harmed by someone with a vehicle is almost a statistical certainty.

However, you rail and gnash your teeth about the near-zero probability event, and blithely ignore the statistically certain event?

Then you have the gall to accuse another person of using no logic?
    Logically, you are more likely to encounter a mass murder in a gun free zone.

Logically, gun crimes occur more in areas with high gun restrictions.

Logically, more gun crimes occur in high population areas.

Logically you are safer in sparse population areas with few firearm restrictions.

Common link with mass shootings, what drugs where they taking?

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/the-giant...ook-reporting/

ETA: Logic matters very little if at all to those who live in fear. I know people who refuse to ride a bus without a helmet.
    Last edited by blue; 01-09-2013 at 05:20 AM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

We are only nine days into 2013 and there have already been 13 murders in Chicago. Mostly on the South Side and mostly gang-on-gang shootings. I hope the task force headed by VP Biden looks at the reasons why young people join gangs and obtain guns. I don't think they can address gun violence without also looking at other issues like poverty, education, stability of the family, and just creating a better future for young people than gang membership, prison, or early death. Mayor Emanuel announced that he wants the community policing program in the city administered on a local level instead of by the department central administration, so they can try to do more in their immediate communities where the police are working. VP Biden, I'm sure Chicago is not the only big city dealing with gangs, drugs and gun violence. HELP!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    C'mon folfs, you can but an illegal firearm in Canada B.C. whenever u please. All ya need is the balls to go downtown and buy 1 off a freaky criminal. You can also legally get 1 easily. Just sayin'.

Blog Entries
    All I am saying is that people break laws. No matter what they are, if they feel like it. Make all the gun control laws you please. Dude wants a gun, Oh I'm pretty sure he or she will finf one.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Philadelphia stats:

On New Year's Day 2013, 3 people were shot and killed in the City of Brotherly Love! Yes - Happy New Year, Philadelphia!

Total not available for January yet, but December was pretty brutal........
    105 gun related injuries
    23 of those died the day of the shooting

I don't see an end to all of this madness - unfortunately.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

8. Cop Out....

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    All I am saying is that people break laws. No matter what they are, if they feel like it. Make all the gun control laws you please. Dude wants a gun, Oh I'm pretty sure he or she will finf one.
    Teenagers will get and drink alcohol regardless of laws...so why bother having any laws? People will drive drunk - no matter what if they feel like it so...why have controls on it? People will drive any speed they want - no matter if there are speed limits. Make all the speed limits you want...guy wants to speed...he or she will.

The hallmark of a civilization is the willingness and will to establish rules and standards of behavior - even if some people will break the laws nonetheless.

Just saying.....

9. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    That is because your logic, as usual, is nonexistent. An AR is a highly accurate platform. As such, you don't need more than one or two shots to put down a coyote. However, like most predatory canines, they move in packs. You may need to shoot more than one. My neighbor raises horses. He uses a semi automatic rifle to eliminate problem animals as he isn't a professional sniper. Sometimes it takes more than one shot to eliminate the animal. Should he give up farming because he doesn't meet your bar as a marksman?

No, I haven't confused anything. One of the requirements for WW2 jeeps was that they would be able to use various and sundry weapons in several different types of mounts. Hence, they were designed to kill. HMMWVs mount several different types of weapons from different weapons stations as well. They were, in fact, designed as killing machines. I know a little bit about both weapons systems, I've used both. First hand, not what my father told me at the kitchen table. Gunnery table 8 exists for a reason.

Again, various gunnery tables involve the use of jeeps with ring mounted weapons (when they were still in the system) and HMMWVs. Not silly at all, except in your mind.
    Keep on paddling. At least you may convince yourself! Guns are good. Guns are good. Guns are good. Close your eyes and repeat...guns are good...

But insulting my father? Really, really low. He knew more about machines than you could ever, ever know. I guess his 32 patents don't compare to your exalted knowledge. Really, really low. A pity your father didn't tell you about decency at the kitchen table. Mine did.

Blog Entries
    I'm not quite sure that we need to get nasty with one another or feel the least bit wierd if we all have a difference of opinion on a subject. It's not like one persons opinion is going to change anything one way or another. I get that if I break the law I should be punished to the full extent of the law. Bring it on. I try not to do it personally and I don't wanna pack heat. Call me stupid, a pacifist or nieve. It is MY choice.

Keep on paddling. At least you may convince yourself!
    He is correct. The original specs for the GP, the first Jeep, was for a weapons platform. The Hummer, or originally the HMMWV, was designed as a weapons platform.

But insulting my father? Really, really low. He knew more about machines than you could ever, ever know. I guess his 32 patents don't compare to your exalted knowledge. Really, really low. A pity your father didn't tell you about decency at the kitchen table. Mine did.
    The only one violating civility, and decency here is you. There was no insult to you or your father by LH, you are trying to be a victim with that.

Here is an observation, your father was probably a humble man who did not brag about his patents, and did not brag about his knowledge of machinery to others. He also probably would have gotten along with LH.

If I am wrong however, he would probably be as indecent as you are on the internet, if not more so.

I only say that because my own father has been a thin skinned a$$ on the web far far longer then I have. Only difference is I have a far thicker skin then him, or you.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Keep on paddling. At least you may convince yourself! Guns are good. Guns are good. Guns are good. Close your eyes and repeat...guns are good...

How was I insulting your father? Your self-righteous pap comes to the fore again. You brought your father's skills into this as proof of YOUR knowledge of systems. One of my ancestors was a master builder in a shipyard for a very famous ship that was a technological leap ahead of its competition. That relationship doesn't mean I can build a fir frigate from the keel up. My father is a powerplant engineer. While I am intensely familiar with the systems involved in a steam powerplant, it doesn't mean I can build one. We are not the Poslenn'ar, we do not have genetic memory. Your father may well have been a highly competent engineer. That means nothing in relation to your knowledge of a tank.

As to my own abilities, I am a technician, not an engineer. We fix what the engineers fark up.

I merely exposed it as what it is, with no mention whatsoever of your father's skill. His skill doesn't translate into your abilities. Nice try, dearie. Try again.

By the by, I know a great deal about decency and respect. Respect and decency are earned parts of social interaction. You, Madame, have earned exactly what you are getting.
    Last edited by Lady's Human; 01-10-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Silly Richard, she shouldn't have had the gun to protect herself with in the first place! Why post such a story?!

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Silly Richard, she shouldn't have had the gun to protect herself with in the first place! Why post such a story?!
    I agree! I'm wondering what she could have done differently to protect herself and her children without shooting that poor guy.
    After all he was just wandering through her home uninvited after breaking in and she didn't even know who he was.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla