Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    I can think of a number of ways it can happen, mainly involving a piece of the case hitting the trigger while opening the case, however, the Army's term for it is negligent discharge, which is completely accurate.
    Unless it's in a holster, there shouldn't be a round in the chamber, and only an idiot carries locked+cocked. That's why they make double action triggers.

Not that dumb thing. This dumb thing. http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...te-fairgrounds
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

And the media lies yet again

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/3020...town-shooting/

The perp didn't even use the assault rifle, it was found in his car. The initial reports were correct.

Now can we get a nationwide retraction of the story and a nationwide end to the hullaballoo over a non-issue?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I will not hold my breath - if there is a retraction it will likely be done as quietly as possible, if at all.
    I've Been Frosted

MSNBC was covering the Texas college incident on "The Cycle" Tuesday.

The pinheads on the show had a few people (experts and the like) calling into the show and the hosts kept
    trying to work the "assault weapon" angle into the report.

When it was determined to be an arguement between two people and no reports of an AW were to be found?

They tried to work GWB as the reason for the shooting. j/k... They dropped the report and went on to blathering on about politics.

Gang bangers in Houston. I was truly shocked. I was in Houston years ago to do some equipment installs for a NG unit.......their armory was inside a double row of fencing topped by razor wire, and we were advised to park IN the armory, which goes against normal policy.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

But because this time, they took the violence onto a college campus, the whole media world notices ...
    I've Been Frosted

7. I see the Weekend Warriors are still sharing their in-depth knowledge of nothing!

SNAFU!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    I see the Weekend Warriors are still sharing their in-depth knowledge of nothing!

SNAFU!!
    Que?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I see the Weekend Warriors are still sharing their in-depth knowledge of nothing!

SNAFU!!
    Glad you could make that stellar, enlightening contribution dearie. Thanks for stopping by.

BTW, sweetheart, don't ever call someone a weekend warrior if you don't (and you obviously don't) know what in hell you're talking about.

SNAFU!!

Yep, you've called it Sara. Same echo chamber, same low watt verbiage.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Low watt verbiage?

Calling someone a weekend warrior is hardly a comment deserving of a polite response, along with the rest of the insulting, derisive horse manure Sara has been spreading in the thread.

I have an extensive first hand knowledge of weapons and systems. The one discussing the issue with no knowledge is ES.

The Harrisburg, PA Outdoor show has been cancelled due to them banning assault rifles, many vendors, including Bear Archery (my personal favorite) pulled out of the show to make a stand. I think that's a good thing, however, I am a little disappointed I don't get to go now. Good thing me and my dad didn't purchase any tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Yep, you've called it Sara. Same echo chamber, same low watt verbiage.
    You and ES are the ones with the low watt verbiage, and the same echo chamber.

Highest gun crimes happen in areas with the highest "Firearm Laws". Chicago being a prime example, CT Sandy Hook being the latest. Gun free zones are killing more people then gun "FREE" zones.

Im not sure if your heads are in the sand, or in your @$$.

Lose the Second Amendment, the first isnt far behind.
    Last edited by blue; 01-30-2013 at 04:40 AM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Highest gun crimes happen in areas with the highest "Firearm Laws". Chicago being a prime example.
    Illinois is the only state currently without a concealed carry law. But there are gang members out there carrying guns in the hood every day. A girl was shot and killed yesterday just one week after being in President Obama's inauguration parade with her school band. There was a story on the news about a mother who has lost all four of her children to gunshots. Newt Gingrich recently described Chicago as "Murder Capital of the World". The problem isn't just guns in lower-income neighborhoods, but also gangs and drugs. VP Biden, please come to Chicago and see what's happening - sometimes in places not very far from the Obama family's home. People are dying every day and it's got to stop.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I guess we do need tighter gun control laws.

A woman with a gun could be dangerous?

Name:  thCAMFQ1AD.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  16.6 KB