Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
So you think you can ban weapons from your home? Guess again. Earlier I posted other random shootings. One was an appliance repairman who had a concealed carry permit and always carries a gun in his pocket. (Shot himself in the winky as a result.)
There are many versions of "no trespassing" signs, and if the sign is clear, that carrying a weapon on your property will be considered unlawful trespassing, there's not much someone can do about it if you call the police and report them and bar them from your property.

The gun show loophole is not a big thing! Really? 40% of the guns bought are bought without the need for a background check. No criminal check, no mental health ...nada.

Where did that stat come from? I find it difficult to believe, particularly as I have purchased firearms and know what one needs to do to legally acquire them.

I had been waiting for the comparison to Prohibition. But let's compare cigarettes. According to some folks there is no reason to restrict guns because Americans will just find ways to violate the law...an interesting commentary in itself. But following the logic - let's get rid of all the laws restricting cigarettes! Let children buy and smoke!
Kids who want to smoke smoke. it's a fact of life. If you can't even keep cigs out of the hands of kids, how effective is law enforcement going to be at another ban? Kids get booze, marijuana, ecstasy, ad nauseum, and they're all illegal already.