Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    The subject under discussion is gun control. Why not stay on topic & resist your little lame digs on the POTUS.
    Yes, the subject is gun control.

So when some one comments on gun control and makes a gaffe like that?

I wonder about the person making the comment and the people who let it slide.

It's not a lame little dig - It's a huge dig and I reserve the right to call him out on it.

If the POTUS doesn't even know what kind of weapons the US service people use, doesn't that make you wonder just how involved he is with the people serving under him?

----------------------------

Isn't that the same dude running about with the codes for some hydrogen bombs?

Or is it that death ray thing that Ronald Raygun promised us?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I don't think target shooting kills, threatens or maims anything! Last I knew, paper or wooden targets did not have fears or emotions.
    Agree. Target shooting does not maim, threaten or kill...unless the target you are shooting is a person.

The purpose of a gun is not targeting shooting. That is how you practice. The purpose of a gun is to kill or maim - or threaten to kill or maim.

If the purpose is to prove how well you can hit a target...darts? Bean bags?

Wha-wha-what?

4. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Wha-wha-what?
    I'm sorry sweetie! Did I stump you? Which word did you not understand?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    He was talking about assault rifles and said something like "AK-47s should stay in the hands of soldiers".

LOLOLOLOL, "AKs" are what many third world soldiers, dirtbag drugrunners and despots carry. Nothing like getting your facts straight.
    As well as US Soldiers in Iraq, and many of our allies in the post Warsaw pact NATO alliance. Clint's line from Heartbreak Ridge no longer holds true.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

"This is my safety."

--------------

To have a 'discussion' about gun safety you have to kinda stop and look at the tidbits of the topic and proceed from there.

People who are afraid of guns have a good reason. It's the same with driving - I see that LiLo is back on the road - stupid people in cars is probably my biggest fear and having one drive thru the wall doesn't help either.

I had the infortunate experience of standing next to someone after a target shooting accident and worked for the OR when GSWs were brought in.

People who work in the ER hate guns.

Years ago I ran into a nurse who was coming down the stairway, very flustered.

I knew her pretty well and saw she was put out.

I stopped her and asked if she was o.k. and she told me, in very colorful language that a GSW had come in and she was upset that the guy "didn't do it right", meaning that he didn't shoot himself in a way that would have killed him.

That puzzled me for a long time until I got to see the nasty business of what a bullet does.

-----------------------------------

Some guns are art.

Some are really ugly and when they are used stupidly or for evil?

When someone goes on a rampage with a gun, it's always that knee jerk reaction that starts people a'talkin and wen everyone talks at once nothing gets done.

The people who scream the loudest and don't bother to look at all the facts of the story are the ones that really don't care about making progress.

--------------------------------------

Gun control has quite a bit to do with politics.

If is wasn't for guns to protect the people, uphold the law and to keep the crazies from doing what they want?

Ask some politicians to walk amongst 'the people' without an armed security detail and see how far that arguement gets you.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

7. I lost a bet. I had "Grocery Store" for the next mass shooting. "House of Worship" had already been done (a couple times maybe?)

Nice. Betting on mass shootings, good karma there.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Nice. Betting on mass shootings, good karma there.
    That's a liberal mentality there....make money on a tragedy.

People are so quick to make a dollar on a death, it makes me sick.

Just read that the parents of the Martin kid are looking for .75 mil from the HOA of the complex where he was shot.

For psych evals.........must be going to see Dr Phil.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Wow, gotta say I am shocked at the pro-gun comments! And from Pet lovers!

Quote Originally Posted by catlady1945 View Post
    What does one's ownership of pets have to do with whether you're for individual rights or not?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by catlady1945 View Post
    'IF' someone comes through my back door at night, the dogs most likely will not stop them, if their barking didn't scare them off in the first place. So then I could stand there and scream as they shoot or beat my dogs to death right in front of me. Then, they'll do whatever they want with me. The cats, most likely would hide and be spared.

Please spare me any comments that I'm a drama queen. I don't sit up nights worrying about this(because I have a loaded gun on my dresser) but it does happen! I'm 99% sure a criminal would pass my house when L&J start carrying on. But that 1%, can we say crackhead, will still try to get in. And yes, we do have many crackheads on the loose in my quiet little town.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    What does one's ownership of pets have to do with whether you're for individual rights or not?
    My thoughts exactly.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    I know the answer to this quiz! Ownership of pets has the same thing to do with gun ownership that gun ownership has to do with individual rights... nothing.

Because I cannot own an atomic bomb my individual rights are not compromised in any way...