Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

Ban jeeps. I want everyone to be safe, they have an inordinately high accident rate due to high center of gravity and poor handling characteristics.

Ban minivans. They have a high passenger capacity, and an inordinately high number of people are killed in each minivan accident as compared to an average sedan. More people inside, more possibility of death.

Ban 5 gallon buckets. Kids drown in them, and more true children (not 21 year old gangbangers, sorry, CDC, those aren't "kids) are killed by drowning in buckets than are killed by firearms.

Ban 15 passenger vans. Combine the comments about jeeps and minivans and you've got a rolling nightmare on the highway.

Limit horsepower and torque specs for motor vehicles. People are killed constantly by excessive speed, no need for anyone to be able to exceed the speed limit.

Hell, let's just wrap everyone in bubblewrap, feed 'em a nutritionally correct IV solution and keep them nice and safe inside from cradle to grave. Make everyone a shellperson, life's just too damned hazardous.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Ban jeeps. I want everyone to be safe, they have an inordinately high accident rate due to high center of gravity and poor handling characteristics.

Ban minivans. They have a high passenger capacity, and an inordinately high number of people are killed in each minivan accident as compared to an average sedan. More people inside, more possibility of death.

Ban 5 gallon buckets. Kids drown in them, and more true children (not 21 year old gangbangers, sorry, CDC, those aren't "kids) are killed by drowning in buckets than are killed by firearms.

Ban 15 passenger vans. Combine the comments about jeeps and minivans and you've got a rolling nightmare on the highway.

Limit horsepower and torque specs for motor vehicles. People are killed constantly by excessive speed, no need for anyone to be able to exceed the speed limit.

Hell, let's just wrap everyone in bubblewrap, feed 'em a nutritionally correct IV solution and keep them nice and safe inside from cradle to grave. Make everyone a shellperson, life's just too damned hazardous.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0003319.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	55869

Ban roll on?

----------------

One day I was ogling one of the new Boeing airplanes - It was supposed to be the largest passenger cargo jet in the world - and one of my pals looked at me and said, "Great, another way to kill more people in one accident......"

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

Name:	0003319.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	55869

Ban roll on?
    It is said that the mind is a terrible thing to waste. No one can say that about you - yours is in high gear 24/7!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Terrorist Barbie?

http://news.yahoo.com/pa-kindergartn...035057936.html

I betcha Ken is somewhere breathing a sigh of relief that justice has prevailed.

Name:	armybarbiefront1992.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	55873

When I read the headline i thought maybe the Indy show ran out of his favorite "shootin iron". Clowns.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...te-fairgrounds
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Where is Phil Robertson when you need him?

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55...y-gun.html.csp

I love it.

I betcha JCP loved it too, underwear sales probably went up 300%.

------------------------------

911, how can I help you?

Caller: I am here at JC Penney and I want to report a man with a large gun here in the store.....

911: A man with a gun?

C: Yes, a man with a large gun on his back.

911: And what is the man doing?

C: He's browsing the men's section, I think you need to send someone out here...

911: Exactly what is he doing?

C: He is standing at a display looking through the clothing there..

911: And where is the gun?

C: On his back.

911: On his back?

C: Yes, on his back.

911: Is he threatening people with it?

C: No, he is just shopping!

911: Shopping?

C: Shopping.

911: So, what is the emergency?

C: There is a man here with a gun on his back, shopping!

911: Shopping? Has he pointed the gun at anyone or threatened anybody?

C: No, but I am afraid.....It's a man with a gun, shopping!

911: Shopping?

C: Yes, shopping.

911: So....what is the emergency?

C: THERE IS A MAN AT JC PENNEY WITH A GUN ON HIS BACK, AND HE IS SHOPPING!

911: I'll send a car out to investigate..........
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...201533800.html

Now, in an extended effort to keep the children safer while on the soccer pitch, players are no longer allowed to shoot the ball on goal.

Taking shots on goal are now discouraged because of the danger that a child may be hurt from a direct hit or a riccochet.

-----------------

President Obama has also looked into banning 'shooting guards' and shooting the ball in youth, college and professional basketball games.

Las Vegas is looking into banning crap games - Shooting dice can be deemed as an unsafe activity.

Shooting the Breeze at the watercooler can be cause for suspension or termination at some businesses.

"Shoot" as an alternative curse word will no longer be tolerated.

The NHL hockey season was also in danger of being totally cancelled because the players sticks were not registered.

Microsoft has been asked to remove bullet points from their PowerPoint software and all U.S. companies will begin to remove bulletin board from their premises to reduce the possibility of workplace violence........

Stupid adults..............

http://news.yahoo.com/two-women-woun...012936996.html

Not the kind of shootout you want to see a game end in?

At least it wasn't sudden death?

And then there are accidental shootings...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/01...round-the-u-s/

Five woundings at three gun shows. I'm not saying ban gun shows; just where do accidental shootings fit into the stats?

Accidental gunfire at three gun shows around the United States on Saturday left five injured, authorities said, the same day that thousands of gun advocates gathered peacefully at state capitals around the U.S. to rally against stricter firearm limits.
    Three people were injured in Raleigh, North Carolina, at the Dixie Gun and Knife Show at the state fairgrounds, a quarterly event that usually draws thousands of people. State agriculture department spokesman Brian Long said a 12-gauge shotgun discharged as its owner unzipped its case for a law enforcement officer to check at a security entrance.
    Two bystanders were hit by shotgun pellets and taken to a hospital. A retired deputy sheriff suffered a slight hand injury.
    Related

Long said the shotgun’s owner, 36-year-old Gary Lynn Wilson, brought the weapon to the show to find a private buyer. Sheriff Donnie Harrison said it was too early to know whether Wilson might be charged.
    In Indiana, police said a 54-year-old Indianapolis man was injured when he accidentally shot himself while leaving a gun show.
    State Police said Emory L. Cozee was loading his .45 calibre semi-automatic when he shot himself in the hand as he was leaving the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife show at the state fairgrounds. Loaded personal weapons are not allowed inside the show.
    Cozee was hospitalized for treatment. Police say the shooting was accidental and no charges will be filed.
    Meanwhile, authorities in Ohio said a gun dealer in Medina was checking out a semi-automatic handgun he had bought when he accidentally pulled the trigger, injuring his friend. The gun’s magazine had been removed from the firearm but one round remained in the chamber, police said.
    Police Chief Pat Berarducci said it appears the bullet struck the floor and the man was wounded in the arm and leg. Berarducci said the man was taken by helicopter to a Cleveland hospital. His condition was not immediately known.
    The gun rallies held Saturday coincide with President Barack Obama’s unveiling of a sweeping package of federal gun-control proposals in the wake of a Connecticut elementary school shooting that killed 20 first-graders and six educators last month.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

In the case of the shotgun, according to the comments on the local media's website, the shotgun was actually discharged by the officer who was supposed to be clearing it, not the owner of the firearm.

Of course Police never make mistakes, and the media doesn't give any bias to the coverage.

The dumb redneck just makes for a better story, so accurate or not, run with it.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote from article on gun show shooting. " he accidentally pulled the trigger"

Never undestood how this can happen. Either you pull it or you don't, nothing accidental about it.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Quote from article on gun show shooting. " he accidentally pulled the trigger"

Never undestood how this can happen. Either you pull it or you don't, nothing accidental about it.
    I can think of a number of ways it can happen, mainly involving a piece of the case hitting the trigger while opening the case, however, the Army's term for it is negligent discharge, which is completely accurate.
    Unless it's in a holster, there shouldn't be a round in the chamber, and only an idiot carries locked+cocked. That's why they make double action triggers.