Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schools Out for Summer, #537

Schools Out for Summer, #537

I guess it's time for the kidlets to relax and start their summer vacation?

I do miss beign in school and looking forward to spending a summer with no shoes, homework and waking up early.

We'd wake up go play some ball in the street, maybe go swimming then go to the 'little store' to grab a sub, coke and a package of twinkies!

-----------------

I guess we can picnic again....... Tea and lemonade, maybe an Arnold Palmer?

Ribs, coleslaw, beans....fruit salad and a fire for the firepit!

The DOTD is a sangria!!!

1/2 cup brandy

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate

1/3 cup orange juice

1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine

1/2 cup triple sec

1 lemon, sliced into rounds

1 orange, sliced into rounds

1 lime, sliced into rounds

1/4 cup white sugar (optional)

8 maraschino cherries

2 cups carbonated water (optional)
    Directions
    1.In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, triple sec, and sugar. Float slices of lemon, orange and lime, and maraschino cherries in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy sangria, add club soda just before serving.

Well, since I've got nothing but time on my hands right now I'll get busy laying out this fine spread.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

That sounds good! We just had another bunch of rain. June has been so rainy, except for 2 hot days right at the beginning.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

It was 93 degrees two days ago.....and humid as all get out.

Back in CA the drastic weather change would make all us old timers start thinking about 'earthquake weather'..

Let me pour some drinks and let's get this party on the road....

Alice Cooper anyone?

Done!

I was born and raised in Ohio. There was always a certain "smell" about summer - the rain - the heat after a rain - the trees and on and on.

The air was clear then......................

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    I was born and raised in Ohio. There was always a certain "smell" about summer - the rain - the heat after a rain - the trees and on and on.

The air was clear then......................
    Every day I take the dog for a walk and I am still amazed - and hope it never gets old to me - at the smells here.

There is always someone cutting lawn (some lawns do have grass that have a blue shade to them) and the smell wafts over the area, even hours after they are cut.

We haven't had a good thunderstorm yet, I do love the sound and light show, but there is a definite smell before a shower.

And can't forget the winter months when a chimney smells like autumn/winter.

-----------------

Right after the twisters in Oklahoma a story about the weatherperson who told people to leave town and go in a certain direction aired. It caused problems because people listened, and when the storm took a turn in that direction it put everyone in danger.....

Doris turned to me right after the story ended and said, "Maybe they should send him to do weather in California, It never changes there?"

The sky is darkening here. Going to rain for sure. Getting tired of looking at the online job postings. How about a nice glass of unsweetened iced tea? Maybe Angel wants to play?
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    The sky is darkening here. Going to rain for sure. Getting tired of looking at the online job postings. How about a nice glass of unsweetened iced tea? Maybe Angel wants to play?
    Yesh, please! (putting kettle on burner for water to steep next batch)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Let's hope it's not a deluge!

One glass of tea and a tennis ball for Angel.

CM,

Sit back and I'll pour!

DONE!

Yay - a picnic.

It's been cool this week but now the weekend is looking up. We have a saying here in the Pac-NW - summer starts on July 5th.

Richard - got any slushies?

These are not the droids you were looking for

I'll tie a couple more old socks to the "rope" and let you play tug with Angel - that'll give your arms some work after all the time spent at the keyboard working just your fingers!

And will join you in the tea, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

Tea and a sloppy wet sock - love it!!!

Tea and a sloppy wet sock - love it!!!
    And so will Angel! She's so up for games of tug of war she is sometimes stymied if she has one "rope" in her mouth but spies another on her way to present it to you ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by catland View Post
    Yay - a picnic.

It's been cool this week but now the weekend is looking up. We have a saying here in the Pac-NW - summer starts on July 5th.

Richard - got any slushies?
    Hey,

Long time......always have slushies!

One? Done!

If Angel brings one that does have a foot in it, play along?

Refills?

gonna start a fire in the pit....time for popcorn and s'mores.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    If Angel brings one that does have a foot in it, play along?
    She's never present with just a sock, so doesn't associate those with tug toys. I just made her a "chew rope" by knotting together a bunch of socks that all had holes in the heels when they were here in Massachusetts for Memorial Day weekend, and sent them home with plenty of socks to renew it with, as she is half bulldog, so ropes don't last very long!
    I've Been Frosted