Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

1. Congrats LH! I think you made it two or three posts without giving in to the apparently irresistible urge to insult me. Well done!

You are the one insulting religion with your "reinterpretation of the Ten Commandments" to conveniently match your political agenda.

Talmudic wrangling is interesting but even the learned rabbis do not know in what language the tablets given to Moses were written. And how translated how many times? No one, not even you, knows in what language - or was it language or images? That God used to communicate his commandments.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Congrats LH! I think you made it two or three posts without giving in to the apparently irresistible urge to insult me. Well done!

You are the one insulting religion with your "reinterpretation of the Ten Commandments" to conveniently match your political agenda.

Talmudic wrangling is interesting but even the learned rabbis do not know in what language the tablets given to Moses were written. And how translated how many times? No one, not even you, knows in what language - or was it language or images? That God used to communicate his commandments.
    It's not MY reinterpretation of the ten commandments. There are multiple sources that disagree with both the literal translation into English and the interpretation(s). In addition, it goes well beyond solely Hebrew scholars, that Messianic Jewish commentary I used was just an example of one.

As to insults....

In the entire time the Dog House has existed, you have gone out of your way with multiple individuals to insult, denigrate and deride, consistently derailing peaceful discussion and dragging it down to the gutter. If someone disagrees with you, you don't find it enough to simply state your disagreement, you insist on using personal attacks in one form or another, as if disagreement with the esteemed ES is conclusive evidence that the individual is sub-human.

Frankly, sunshine, I've had it.
    Last edited by Lady's Human; 12-27-2012 at 11:23 PM.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I don't think you're going to get what you're hoping for.......
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Name:  heston20commandments_zps44bef803.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  55.6 KB

"Take two tablets and call me in the morning..."

"The Rosetta Stone? This ain't!"

"Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger!"

"Does this look like English to you?"

"....When you pry them from my cold, dead hands."
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    I don't think you're going to get what you're hoping for.......
    Where is the Like button?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    As to insults....

In the entire time the Dog House has existed, you have gone out of your way with multiple individuals to insult, denigrate and deride, consistently derailing peaceful discussion and dragging it down to the gutter. If someone disagrees with you, you don't find it enough to simply state your disagreement, you insist on using personal attacks in one form or another, as if disagreement with the esteemed ES is conclusive evidence that the individual is sub-human.

Frankly, sunshine, I've had it.
    Now that...is the pot calling the kettle black!

You could not have made a better description of your own behavior if you tried!

I won't bore folks here with my opinion of your behavior. Trust me...Sunshine...I don't need to do so. It is obvious to everyone. (Okay, maybe everyone except blue and family...)

Now that...is the pot calling the kettle black!

You could not have made a better description of your own behavior if you tried!

I won't bore folks here with my opinion of your behavior. Trust me...Sunshine...I don't need to do so. It is obvious to everyone. (Okay, maybe everyone except blue and family...)
    Thanks for the honorable mention sweetness.

Unlike you I am well aware of when I make a dig on someone. You on the other hand are completely clueless that you are acting in an insulting or passive aggressive manor when you post. You have no idea that your everyday comments, that are normal for you and those that suck up to you, are insulting to even hard core liberals.

Face it you dont value Liberty, and you enjoy lording over others in your career.

ETA: To be clear, I do not believe ES is honest enough with herself to see that she is being, belittling, insulting, or ignorant with others. She actually believes she is above everybody else. I wouldnt be surprised if she lives in a gated community that employs armed guards, but at the very least she live in a Home Owners Association and is active in it.
    Last edited by blue; 12-30-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Frankly, sweetie, I don't care what your opinion of my behavior is. You're so blind to how offensive you truly are that you'll never, ever see the light.

Conversely, honey, I know exactly how offensive I'm being to your delicate sensibilities, and could be far, far more offensive, however, I choose not to out of respect for both others on the board and the owner.
    Last edited by Lady's Human; 12-31-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catlady1945 View Post
    Maybe just generally offensive. I wonder how you get away with your comments .... oh wait, related to the moderator (uh, huh)... anyone else would be deleted.
    To clarify one thing, no, my relation to the mod in reality keeps me on a tighter leash than anyone else on the board.

I know where the lines are drawn, and as Karen well knows, my comments are VERY restrained from what they would be in person.

Jeeze, wouldn't like to meet you when yur packin' heat.
    Verbal repartee has what exactly to do with physical temperament? I'd personally be far, far more worried about certain people here when they're outwardly very, very calm.

LMAO!!!!!

Froth? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what part of the military were you a part of? The KPs?

Lots of foaming at the mouth gun nuts on this forum. Am I right?
    The silence is deafening.

Thanks for playing, sweetie, have a nice day.

Did you want to challenge me to a duel? (smirk)
    Why? While I'm truly wondering where that pathetic attempt at whatever you intended it to be came from, I have an additional question:

Are you going to come unarmed?

It is, after all the same way you've attempted to enter this discussion.

Don't need arms against people with empty heads.

Gotta go now, duty calls, gotta defend the free world against the civilian nut jobs. Tough job, but somebody's got to do it. Take care, pal - don't take any wooden Glocks.
    With what?

Your mighty dishtowel? Or have you upgraded to a serving spoon?

I promised myself I'd stop coming on this thread before I get accused of "jumping on people who don't agree with my opinion" again.

It's purely amusing and actually fascinating to me how the only people being jumped on and ganged up on are people who oppose gun control and when the one being jumped upon says something remotely defensive they are accused of going against someone who "simply has a different opinion", as Spock would say..."fascinating".

This thread has done nothing but pit two sides against each other. Fine. We can't change your opinion, you can't change ours. I truthfully don't understand the point of it anymore.