Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    This is just someone who really really loves his guns trying to put the "skeer" in you while he sneers at you.

I fear there is no hope. We, as a nation, will just allow the insanity to go on. Too, too many people are more in love with guns than they are with their neighbor.
    You are wrong. His point was those guns were not as "dangerous" in terms of what serious gun collectors handle as the media has made them appear. And gun can be deadly. I have handled far more "deadly" guns than those myself.

I know plenty of gun owners who still have plenty of love for their neighbors, and respect for them. And who would, if it came down to it, be as willing to defend their neighbor or a stranger as themselves if the situation called for it.

Gun ownership has nothing to do with one's love of his or her neighbor, or one's desire to make the world a better place for his or her children.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by catlady1945 View Post
    I REALLY hope these are facetious comments, otherwise there is just no hope.
    They aren't facetious at all.

I have a strange feeling that your definition of hope and mine are two radically different things. There is always hope. However, hope is not a method, and you cannot legislate evil out of existence.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    You are wrong. His point was those guns were not as "dangerous" in terms of what serious gun collectors handle as the media has made them appear. And gun can be deadly. I have handled far more "deadly" guns than those myself.

I know plenty of gun owners who still have plenty of love for their neighbors, and respect for them. And who would, if it came down to it, be as willing to defend their neighbor or a stranger as themselves if the situation called for it.

Gun ownership has nothing to do with one's love of his or her neighbor, or one's desire to make the world a better place for his or her children.
    You are entitled to your opinion Karen. I am entitled to mine. I don't want to live next door or even down the street from someone who has guns. (Yes, I suppose I do. But not that I know of.)

Would those gun owners give up their guns if it could bring back those 20 children? Of course they will say..."it won't bring them back so what is the point?" I still ask - would they give up their guns if it would bring back those children?

And why does it take three guns - or 17 guns as I posted about earlier to make a house safe. What kind of attack are they repelling and how does someone shot three guns at a time?

But logic is never the point is it?

But logic is never the point is it?
    No, logic isn't the point of this discussion in any way, shape or form.

Otherwise people wouldn't be so scared of inanimate objects, would have far more fear of evil, and would rarely drive, as you are logically far, far more prone to die while driving than being shot.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

In addition,

I don't "love" guns or any other inanimate object.

I love my family, both fuzzbutts and humans, and God.

I see firearms as useful tools and a hobby, and this discussion as further evidence of the erosion of the rights of a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Actually, Richard, anyone selling parts to convert a semi-auto to FA to unlicensed people is breaking a few federal laws.

In addition, to meet Federal requirements for sale, a semi atuo is supposed to require more than 8 hours of work by a competent (read: Skilled) gunsmith to convert to full auto, and no competent gunsmith is going to touch any work of the sort.
    Thanks for the clarification.

I grew up in the barrio, where full auto meant two things, A machine gun or a station wagon filled with my people.
    I was offered full auto guns, to purchase, a few times.

No one offered receipts, asked questions or asked for ID.

So, I am a little stupid when it comes to stuff like that?

---------------------------

Another miracle of 'mexican know how' was a zip gun.

You could take a car antenna, rubber bands and a little time to make a very lethal .22 caliber one-shot, gun.

Lethal because the bullet tumbles right after it's shot, just like an AR.

I also saw a machined ZG, made from billet steel, that was absolutely a work of art.

This is just someone who really really loves his guns trying to put the "skeer" in you while he sneers at you.

I fear there is no hope. We, as a nation, will just allow the insanity to go on. Too, too many people are more in love with guns than they are with their neighbor.
    This has got to me one of the MOST ridiculous things I have ever read. No one I know of who is against gun control is "more in love with gun then they are their neighbor" and I am sure that applies to very very little gun owners.. Let's stop making rash generalizations about gun owners simply because you fear the object.

As long as you keep trying to harp on "Gun Control", this will happen, until you start looking at the bigger picture and the REAL issue here, the person behind the gun, and not the inanimate object that has no control over itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Heavy duty stuff? Really?

Please, that's not even serious target shooter levels of stuff.

Nowhere near avid collector stuff.

Media, media, media.......

You're living proof of how easy it is to sensationalize and "put the skeer" in people.
    Quote Originally Posted by catlady1945 View Post
    I REALLY hope these are facetious comments, otherwise there is just no hope.
    He is right, those are very mild firearms. No where near serious or heavy duty stuff. My Glock .40 and two semi auto AKs arent in the heavy duty league.

I don't want to live next door or even down the street from someone who has guns.
    I own 3 firearms, 3 of your neighbors at least own 1 firearm. You should actually sleep better knowing that they do. The average Alaskan owns 7 times the firearms I do. I know a number of people who have walk in gun safes. Rember that if you ever visit Alaska again, that and we dont regulate concealed carry, any legal firearm owner can carry without restriction.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    If the guns were owned by the mom then you wonder how mentally stable she was? Did she drive her son to do this horrific crime? You just don't know what goes on behind closed doors.
    I heard on the news that she had the guns because she was a gun collector and shooting enthusiast, but also because she feared changes in the economy. But why did she need an assault rifle? That just does not make sense to me. I also heard that the children who were killed were 6 and 7 years old. How tragic.

There were also 10 shootings in Chicago overnight. We have issues with gun rights in our own back yard.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    A kindergarten teacher in an idyllic small New England town.. Instead, the family member shot her.
    Scratch the surface of that small, idyllic New England town and you'll find the same puss and corruption as anywhere else, and in some cases worse.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    This has got to me one of the MOST ridiculous things I have ever read. No one I know of who is against gun control is "more in love with gun then they are their neighbor" and I am sure that applies to very very little gun owners.. Let's stop making rash generalizations about gun owners simply because you fear the object.

As long as you keep trying to harp on "Gun Control", this will happen, until you start looking at the bigger picture and the REAL issue here, the person behind the gun, and not the inanimate object that has no control over itself.
    Wha..wha...what??? Please speak English???

12. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    In addition,

I don't "love" guns or any other inanimate object.

I love my family, both fuzzbutts and humans, and God.

I see firearms as useful tools and a hobby, and this discussion as further evidence of the erosion of the rights of a free society.
    And I see those "inanimate objects" as instruments of death. Tools..yeah...hobby...O K... erosion of a free society...as it was defined...in 1791..or whatever....

13. Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post

No rational discussion... just insult those who think diffferently than you do..right???

No rational discussion... just insult those who think diffferently than you do..right???
    I don't think Alysser was insulting anyone.

It was merely a statement of opinion, and further from insulting anyone than your constantly derisive comments about those who disagree with you.

I don't understand where I insulted you in the least.

Making generalizations that people love an inanimate object over PEOPLE isn't insulting?? Like, come on really??