Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

This is monsterous. Current count is 26 dead, 18 children and 8 adults. What kind of society have we become?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    This is monsterous. Current count is 26 dead, 18 children and 8 adults. What kind of society have we become?
    Who would kill young children right before Christmas? This is tragic.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

3. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    A barbaric, gun-loving society. Where 18th century language is used as an excuse. Where guns are loved more than children.

I am angry and I am crying. This is just too too much.

And please. please - let no one say..."if the teachers were armed this would not have happened." But sadly - someone will...

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I've been watching the coverage and in tears. I am actually sick to my stomach and feel nauseous! What kind of sorry ba$tard could do this to anyone - especially to little kids??? May the Lord have NO mercy on this sorry soul.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Me too pom i feel sick

How terrible and tragic. So many people lost their lives today, most of them children, because of a lunatic with two guns. When will things change? How can so many Americans be in favor of gun ownership! I just don't get it - it has happened several times before.

My sympathy goes to the many families and friends of all these dead people. What a Christmas they will have.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

great, another nutcase making gun owners look bad. You do realize that for every wacko out there that shoots people there are literally thousands of perfectly responible gun owners? From what I understand the guy had the gun illegally anyway, so he already broke the gun laws before he even pulled the trigger.

Two police officers were shot and one of them was killed by a 15 year old in Memphis today. No way in hell was it legal for a minor to have. Granted, if he was a responsible law-abiding model citizen, they probably wouldn't have raided his house to begin with.

And, I'm not a gun nut, believe me! There are several in the house and my boyfriend has a carry permit. I don't like them at all but I know that if they were harder to own, then people would just become more desperate to get them. Think about it... many drugs are illegal to make, distribute, or abuse too and yet there are tons of desperate people out there who would do even more desperate and despicable things to get them.

gun laws are a tricky issue for sure. But every time there are rumors of tightening the reigns on gun owners, they just go out and buy more while they still can, trust me.

For the record, NJ has some of the strictest gun laws out there. He is from Hoboken, NJ.

NO ONE wanted anything like this to happen. This is sick, twisted and disgusting. I've cried over it today twice. I am assuming he had something against his family, and he apparently killed most of them too. Unfortunately he had to kill 27 others with them...repulsive. I am disgusted that he comes from the same state as me and that I could have walked right past him at any time.

Please keep all the victims in your prayers, and all the families affected. My church organist for the past two years, who recenty stepped down, is from that town, her cousin and godson attend that school. They are both safe, as is her mother, who works in another school there, which was on lockdown all day, of course.

Please do not try to find sense in all this, although endless talking heads will speculate. It was the shooter's mother, and her classroom and students that were the target, but beyond that, we do not know, and there may be no "why" involved.
    I've Been Frosted

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/...ack/index.html

China was hit by a spate of knife and cleaver attacks that targeted school children in 2010.

A number of measures were introduced at the time, including increased security at schools across the country and a regulation requiring people to register with their national ID cards when buying large knives.

So sad

Not all the information is in quite yet. I can't imagine mowing down kindergarten children and first graders. What a sick person he must have been. Mental health can be a fragile thing. I understand the killer had his brother's ID on him. Gosh, such damage to hundreds of people. Their lives will be a mess for years to come.

I hate guns. I would never own one. I see no reason why anyone needs an automatic "anything" gun-wise. Let's get the Glocks (?) off the street. I understand the killer went through hundreds of bullets ... many, many rounds.

This story makes me sick and angry.

12. Ah yes. Here we go again. Excuses, excuses, excuses. If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns! The Second Amendment! I need my gun to protect my family! They got the guns illegally so laws would do no good.

And..."in China they had a spat of knife killings." Oh please - I have no idea what that has to do with anything but I would take my chances with a knife nut over a gun nut any day.

This is two of these public shootings in a week. In what is supposedly the season of peace and goodwill!!

In a week or two, when all the children are buried we will forget about it...until the next one. And there will be a next one.

Then once again we will hear... If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns! The Second Amendment! I need my gun to protect my family! They got the guns illegally so laws would do no good.

I guess we will continue to curse the darkness instead of lighting a candle.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post

I guess we will continue to curse the darkness instead of lighting a candle.

Absolutely. After all, Hippa rights disallow mental health record checks with NICS. It's more important to sequester those records than to allow them in background checks.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Pork chop murder.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/nation...ray-in-florida

Will the alledged shooter be grilled?

15. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Absolutely. After all, Hippa rights disallow mental health record checks with NICS. It's more important to sequester those records than to allow them in background checks.
    I would agree with you regarding mental health record checks. But there are also the "gun show" loop holes that should be closed. There are so many things that could be - and should be done.

Unfortunately we will hear about gun owners' rights and the politicians will be too scared to do what they should do.

p.s. It is HIPAA - Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act.