Thread: cat trying to throw up

cat trying to throw up

My cat keeps trying to throw up (a hairball I guess) but so far no luck... Anybody got any ideas on how I can help her out?

How long has she been trying?
    I've Been Frosted

Do you have a PetsMart or a PetCo near you? You can buy something called Hairball Remedy. It is a gel. You smear a spot of it on her front paw, and she will lick it off. This helps break up the hairball, and it passes through her, she won't need to throw it up. Read the instructions, I can't remember if you give it daily or twice a day.

Once she has cleared this hairball, I suggest that you change her food. Hairballs are NOT normal! In the wilds, cats to do NOT have hairballs. If you feed a grain free high quality food, you will not have hairballs. Constant throwing up is not good for the cat. I feed Earthborn Holistics, they have 2 grain free cat food formulas: Primitive Natural, and Wild Sea Catch.

You can find where to buy it near you, here: http://www.earthbornholisticpetfood....ail_stores.php

Thank you so much for the info

Thank you-----I will try this and see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Do you have a PetsMart or a PetCo near you? You can buy something called Hairball Remedy. It is a gel. You smear a spot of it on her front paw, and she will lick it off. This helps break up the hairball, and it passes through her, she won't need to throw it up. Read the instructions, I can't remember if you give it daily or twice a day.

Once
    she has cleared this hairball, I suggest that you change her food. Hairballs are NOT normal! In the wilds, cats to do NOT have hairballs. If you feed a grain free high quality food, you will not have hairballs. Constant throwing up is not good for the cat. I feed Earthborn Holistics, they have 2 grain free cat food formulas: Primitive Natural, and Wild Sea Catch.

You can find where to buy it near you, here: http://www.earthbornholisticpetfood....ail_stores.php

Thanks for trying this, George - and please update us!

If this doesn't work, a quick vet trip might be in order. At least call the vet and talk to a tech and see what they say.

We'd love to see a pic of your cat. What is her name?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

pictures

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greeneyes.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	54262
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Thanks for trying this, George - and please update us!

If this doesn't work, a quick vet trip might be in order. At least call the vet and talk to a tech and see what they say.

We'd love to see a pic of your cat. What is her name?
    I'm new at this----so this the photo didn't load let me know and I will try again. Her name is Skinny.

I have another cat, Morris, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	morrisbestr.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	54267. He is 17 and only eats dry food and has since the day I rescued him.

Hi Skinny Hello Morris, lovely to meet both of you!