Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Sweet Lily

RIP Sweet Lily

I rescued a beautiful cat today. A beautiful Oriental Shorthair kitten, not more than 9 months old. I gave her a name. Her name was Lily.

Her lifeless body was laying in the middle of Route 5 in the pouring rain.

Call me crazy, but I could not let her lay there alone in the rain. I turned my car around and scooped her up in a towel. I took her to the vet to be scanned to see if she was "chipped". She wasn't. She was in rigormortis, which means she was hit by a car sometime last night.

Lily was a beautiful black tiger and white Oriental. She was unspayed and had flea dirt. The vet said it didn't look like she belonged to anyone. She was cremated and now is off to the Rainbow Bridge.

This is the part of my job I don't like. NO animal should die alone.

RIP sweet beautiful girl. You were loved, even for a brief moment. Play hard at the Bridge and watch over my RB fur crew.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Rest in peace, pretty one, your struggles are over.
    I've Been Frosted

Sleep softly, you were loved.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    RIP little Lily. Only good times for you from now on, now that you are at Rainbow Bridge. I'll bet you'll be waiting for Donna to thank her one day.

Donna - that's heartbreaking. I know how it upsets me too, every time I see a cat or dog along side the road. I always wonder if they were someone's pet, or just another stray or outcast.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thank you Donna for giving this little girl kindness and dignity. I agree - no one should die alone.

Rest in peace sweet Lily.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Rest in peace, dearest Lily. You are loved.

Thank you, Donna.

God bless.

Love from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you Donna (((Hugs))) for giving Lily a dignified send off to Rainbow Bridge.
    Rest In Peace sweet Lily.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am from Old Hickory TN but now live in Bowlinggreen Ky

Thank You

Everyone but YOU drove by that kitten and I bet never even blinked a eye. I thought I was a pretty good person and try to look out and do my part for our fellow creatures but I can say you are truly a angel on this earth to care so much for another liveing being. I have hit a cat before and stoped there were some house's on the street so I knocked on a few of them no one claimed the cat so I wraped it up and took it home and buried it. Left some flyers up with my num asking if someone had lost there cat but no reply which really didnt make sense she was no stray you could tell. That tore me up thinking someone is certain shes just lost and will come home I know my kitty would leave for 2 or 3 days sometimes well again wish there more out there like you.

Lily Angel appreciates being taken off the road, and will see you in paradise where you will be FurrEver Friends.
    What a shame it was that ily was outside and that these motorosts did not watch out for her.
    Lily will see you in love
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Bless you, Donna.

Play happily at the bridge, sweet Lily.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Rest in peace, sweet Lily. May God bless you, Donna.

{HUGS}

Perhaps Lily has met Summer, a small kitten (no more than 4 or 5 months old) whom I found in front of my rural property when I returned from a visit to the mountains last summer. I wrapped her small body in a towel; I couldn't bury her, as the ground in August was very hard, and I'm not so good at digging anyway. I took her to the back of the property, where the vegetation is thick, and laid her body in a soft spot, and then, knowing there was a hurricane coming, put the top of a plastic dog house over her. I just couldn't bear the thought of her body lying out in a storm.

Lily and Summer are happy now, and our tears are for ourselves, because *we* are sad. They are not! Lily will meet you at the Bridge, as Summer will meet me. The only consolation I can find in either of those transitions is that they were quick.

May Lily's Creator bless you mightily for your compassion and love.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

This is so sad. RIP sweet Lily.

Blog Entries

thank you donna

for helping lily reach rainbow bridge in love instead of alone.. my times some animals or people die alone and there is no one there for them.. lily is in peace because and people like you care enough to love them in return and help them when needed.. thank you thank you thank you donna .. 20120721.2000

RIP, precious Lily. Thanks, Moosmom for providing this last kindness.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb