Thread: Layla was stung!

Layla was stung!

My poor baby got stung last evening, I suspect honey bees. I gave her Benadryl but it wasn't enough. I ended up taking her to EMG Vet. She gave her cortisone administered by IV. This picture was taken 5 hours after the Benadryl and 4 hours hours after the Cortisone. Her nose was still terribly swollen but her eyes looked much better. I'm home with her today, keeping an eye on her. She is getting better.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Ouch, poor Layla. I hope she is already feeling better. I got stung one time in Spain and I wanted to scream. Never found out what it was.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Poor Layla. Glad the meds are helping. Sending a gentle kiss for your ouchie nose sweetie.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I am from Old Hickory TN but now live in Bowlinggreen Ky

Oh poor baby

Ouch bet that did'nt feel to good.Braggo snapped at a wasp yesterday and got really lucky he missed it. Well I sure hope Miss Layla gets to feeling better she sure is pretty.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Poor Layla! Hope she's feeling better soon. Maybe some extra treats might speed up the process too.

Sparky is always snapping at wasps, and caught one last year and came up on the short end of the stick - he got stung in the throat when he swallowed it. Not good! I took him to the vet and she gave him a shot - I didn't even trust Benadryl to work fast enough. Did he learn his lesson?? Somewhat - but he still occasionally still snaps at them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    Poor Layla. Glad the meds are helping. Sending a gentle kiss for your ouchie nose sweetie.
    And another gentle kiss for Layla's ouchie nose from me *kiss* and one for Jake too *kiss*!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Ouch! Sorry you had to use the ER vet, glad she is recovering.

Any idea where she found them? I was just thinking, if there is a nest of ground wasps in your yard, all of you are at risk!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Ouch! Sorry you had to use the ER vet, glad she is recovering.

Any idea where she found them? I was just thinking, if there is a nest of ground wasps in your yard, all of you are at risk!
    Thank you all for posting. Laylas swelling is going down. I got off work today to keep an eye on her.

Sandie, my back yard looks like I'm a clover farmer! I mowed before this happened just to keep the clover cut down a bit. I mow and walk my yard, shouldn't be anything like that out there. I worry too that it could be a spider bite, you never know where they may be! While we were at the vets another dog came in, same thing as Layla. A sting from something! I always keep Benadryl on hand, capsules for the dogs, liguid for the cats. A few weeks ago I went to buy some and they were sold out in one store. The pharmacy told me most people were buying it for their dogs, due to the clover this year.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm sorry to hear about Layla but I'm glad to hear that her swelling is going down. Hopefully this won't ever happen to her again.

Aw! Sorry to hear about this, Layla. I hope your nose heals soon! Stay away from those bees, okay? Lots of love and hugs for you. Prayers that you get well soon!

I'm so sorry she was stung. Glad she's ok now.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..