Thread: Games on the ipad

Games on the ipad

I can hear you: you think I'm crazy. But yesterday I downloaded the free app GameForCats to my ipad (I have it since last November and cannot imagine how I ever lived without it).
    The game I have tried so far is a red dot, bigger than a laser dot which moves in an erratic way over the screen. If you hit it with a paw there is a *bing* sound-not very loud and you get 100 points.
    When I showed it to Kiri she couldn't have cared less but Orion had 700 points in no time. Then he started to dig under the pad to see where the little bugs had all gone
    I will certainly try it again-I have however the feeling that it is a good thing for crazy Abyssinians and not so much for quiet representatives of the feline kind.

It's funny what one cat will find fascinating and the other couldn't care! But now you'll have to worry about Orion "helping" you when you need to use it!
    I've Been Frosted

New information 10 minutes later: when Kiri saw that Orion played she reconsidered.
    Now she developped the 2 paw technique (700 points per half minute) and then tried the all body technique (not so successful-she should know that is for newspapers but not for electronic media).
    Then Orion and she began to wrestle and then I had to wrangle the ipad out of their paws.
    Woukd you have imagined 25 years ago when you worked with your first "word processor" that you would sit exhilarated at a table on which your cats play computer games?

Hee hee - "If HE likes it, maybe I should try it! Don't wanna let HIM have all the fun!" I wonder if there's some paint program that makes sounds you could try with them!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh Barbara! Please make sure Kiri and Orion do not have access to email or they will alert the Es who will want their own ipad! Will they be satisfied using my husband's?

This is great!! As you know we have Apple computers, iPhones etc. I have mentioned to Gunter that Evie needs her own iPad - so far he's not buying it ... I think she would love it!!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Oh Barbara! Please make sure Kiri and Orion do not have access to email or they will alert the Es who will want their own ipad! Will they be satisfied using my husband's?
    How can I stop them? Touch screens work very much in their favor

Hide all the devises! Cut the power!

He-he, I need to look it up too, but I don't know how my four cats will share the iPad.

I have an iPad, and six cats. Maybe we should try that

I'm afraid they would take it over and I'd never get to use it again

We have that game too! One of the dogs loves it more than any of the cats. She's so intent on watching she forgets to swallow! They like the mouse one best of the 3 game choices. (there's the red dot, the butterfly, and the mouse.)

There is a Friskies (pet food company) app for cats where there are fish in the water swimming around they can bat with their paw and score points. If the cat doesn't hit the screen for a while there will be a cat miaow noise to bring them back. When they dab the water (it's very realistic) there are concentric ripples and splashing noises. Cara my tabby likes it and will try to lift up the iPad to see the fish underneath (she thinks they are in my lap, lol). Just search for Friskies cat game or similar in the App store and it will come up. I have been looking for others I will check out the red dot one someone mentioned above. Cheers. TopCat3
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat3 View Post
    There is a Friskies (pet food company) app for cats where there are fish in the water swimming around they can bat with their paw and score points. If the cat doesn't hit the screen for a while there will be a cat miaow noise to bring them back. When they dab the water (it's very realistic) there are concentric ripples and splashing noises. Cara my tabby likes it and will try to lift up the iPad to see the fish underneath (she thinks they are in my lap, lol). Just search for Friskies cat game or similar in the App store and it will come up. I have been looking for others I will check out the red dot one someone mentioned above. Cheers. TopCat3
    That sounds fun - this reminded me, though of my Dad with his iPad visiting Lady's Human's house. Dad has always been a bird-watcher, so one of the things we installed on his iPad when we got it for him was the Peterson Bird Book app - which includes sounds for each bird. Dad was showing it to the grandkids when he realized that Patch, the kitty, was going nuts looking for how those birds got into HIS house!
    I've Been Frosted

Annie (Gini's former feral girl) likes to play with the Friskies fish app - her new person sent me a video of her batting at the 'fish'!

How lovely that Annie likes to play still. I am so pleased to hear that.