Thread: It has taken me a month...

It has taken me a month...

to put this into words.

Katie left us on June 12th 2012. She couldn't fight the cancer anymore after it moved into her lungs. I feel like I failed her because I didn't give her relief sooner. She has it now, that is all that matters. I just wish I could have been there to tell her how sorry I am.
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

You didn't fail her, sweetie, you loved her very much, and that is what matters most. I am sure when you meet again one fine day at the Rainbow Bridge, she will greet you with jubilation, no memory of the illness whatsoever.
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries

hey

Wow, please don't beat yourself up man. On top of the grief that is the last thing you need to do. I have second guessed myself about so many beloved pets, so many times. We do the very best we can, at the time, for our loved ones. Wishing you peace in your heart. You did the very best, so sorry for your loss sweetheart. peace and love

So sorry for your loss.

Please don't beat yourself up about the decision of when. When you love your furry friend, you make decisions on best available information. And you never want to let them go too soon, but you don't want to wait too long - it's a hard line to balance.

I am sorry for your loss. Hold on to the memories of happy times, that will help you get through this difficult time.

And I agree with everyone else, it is hard to know WHEN, the decision is tough, we use what info we have at the time. No point reviewing it and making yourself even more ill over that.

Katie, run free and happy at Rainbow Bridge!

There is NO right time, trust me, I know. You would have beaten yourself up for doing it sooner, the same way you are beating yourself up for doing it later. It is your mind's way of keeping the connection real, the grief close. She had a great life, and you loved her tremendously. She knows that, we know that. RIP, sweat Katie girl.

I'm very sorry for your loss of Katie.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so sorry for your loss of Katie. She is at peace now.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)