Thread: Chloe

Chloe

Yesterday, we started to notice that our Chloe was not eating and was very listless. Today my husband took her in to the vet and found out she had feline diabetes and had developed ketoacidosis (sp?). We could have tried an expensive treatment, but the vet said her chance of survival even with the treatment was slim. So, we had to make the very difficult choice to let her go.

We got her from the animal shelter as an approximately 10 month old kitten, and she was 12 years old. She was the most child-friendly and all-around people-friendly cat I have ever met. We feel terrible that she was living with undiagnosed diabetes, but she showed absolutely no signs of being ill, aside from weight gain, until yesterday. (She was due for senior kitty bloodwork this fall.)

Needless to say, it is a very sad day in our house. I will post photos later. :-(

Animals too often hide their pain from us until it is far too late. Rest in peace, Chloe, knowing you have left deep paw prints on many hearts.
    I've Been Frosted

I am from Old Hickory TN but now live in Bowlinggreen Ky

Sorry

I am so sorry to hear of your loss I know how you feel. I lost my Sassy cat on fathers day and then on the 4th of this month my best friend headed for Rainbow Bridge Love You Nike But belive me the pain will lesson and certain things around your house will eather bring you to your knees or give you a warm smile in your heart.

I'm so sorry about your loss. ((hugs)) to you. Your sweet kitty had a wonderful life with you, and in your memories, she will live on.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I am sorry to hear this. Chloe will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I am sorry to hear of Chloe's passing and your loss.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I am so sorry to read of the passing of your beloved Chloe.

What a sweet cat! She is whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge, where she will welcome you Home.. One Fine Day.

Rest in peace, beautiful Chloe.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Cats are very good at hiding their pain or discomfort. It's almost as if they don't want to worry us!

HUGS and bless you for doing the right thing for her, though it was the most difficult and painful for you.

Chloe is waiting for you and you will meet again One Fine Day.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Blog Entries

rainbow bridge

chloe is at the rainbow throwing puurrrr kisses. chloe is a very sweet kitty and loves you very much.. sweet blessing to chloe.... 20120713.2232

Your loss is Heaven's gain

Your pain is very deep because your love is very deep - and your grief is so new and raw. Remember that your tears are for yourself, that Chloe has no need of them. If she could talk to you in language you understand, she'd tell you not to cry, that she's happier than she's ever been, that you gave her a wonderful time on Earth, and that she wants you to be happy for her. Always, our tears are for ourselves, the pain that we feel at the absence of a beloved one. Cry all you need to, for it helps to wash out the pain; the pain will ease as the tears eventually dry. When my Merlin passed on, I cried each and every day for 6 months - it takes a while to recover.

Know that Chloe is gloriously alive, perfectly healthy, and supremely, blissfully happy! You *will* be reunited with her, and that reunion will be forever. Until then, may Chloe's Creator hold you gently in the hollow of His hand, comfort you, and lead your heart to peace.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

RIP Chloe

I'm so sorry to hear about Chloe! You did the kindest thing you could, a last act of love. I'm choking up thinking about the pain you are going through. I'm sure it was, and is, very difficult, especially since it was unexpected. A Voice greater than yours called her name...and she is with Him now. Could she be any happier? I think not! May you be comforted in this time of sorrow.

I'm sorry about Chloe.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so sorry about your precious Chloe.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Chloe. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I know exactly what you mean, with Chloe being a child friendly cat, as I had one of those, Allie. I am so sorry for the loss of Chloe. I hope the many memories you shared with bring comfort to you and the children, in time. {{{hugs}}}