Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Few More New Pics Of My Orange/Buff Cats & Kittens -7-13-12 Radar Is Now Sick

Thanks everyone. Radar is still lethargic and he isn't interested in food, water, or even chicken broth. All he wants to do is sleep. I just got off the phone with my vet hospital which is also an ER hospital and I was told that he should be seen tonight because he can become dehydrated and get low blood sugar quickly. Just to be seen it'll cost me $135 so I'll just have to charge it and hope that whatever is wrong with him isn't too serious. I'll update this thread later. Please continue sending prayers and positive thoughts his way. Thanks.

Oh dear. PT Prayers going out to Radar! I hope he heals quickly!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

All paws and claws crossed for dear little Radar. Keep us posted when you can. Hugs and cuddles to you and the Krew!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Radar Update

I'm so glad that I took him in tonight because his temp. was 105.5. He's a very sick little boy. He has some kind of an URI and he was given sub-q fluids, some metacam, and some azithromycin. He'll be on metacam once a day for 4 days and azithromycin once a day for about 7 days I think. I'll also continue to give Radar & Rory tobramycin eye drops for 7 days. The vet was surprised that it took this long for him to get sick since I've had him since June 30th. I did tell him that he was on clavamox and some other eye drops but I guess he wasn't on them long enough or they just didn't do the trick. He said that some of my cats may get milder cases of this URI and some may have been already been exposed to it so they won't get it. I already know that Rory's right eye looks bad and has also been goopy so I hope that this is as bad as he gets. So far Reece has been fine and so have all of my other cats. I hope that they'll all continue to stay happy and healthy.

My vet finally got back to me by e-mail but it was while I was getting ready to take Radar to the vet and I didn't get the e-mail until much later. She told me that she could see him on Sun. at 11:30am but this would've been too long of a wait for him. I e-mailed her back to see if she could see one of my kittens at this time if they end up getting sick. I had also booked an appt. with her for Tues. at 8am but I won't cancel it until some time on Mon. just in case I may need it for one of the other kittens. I hope that I won't and I hope that Radar will make a speedy and full recovey. Please continue to send prayers and positive thoughts his way. Thanks.

Oh, poor little Radar! We're so glad you took him in. Continuing prayers and good wishes and healing energies for him. God bless.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Those photos are amazing! I don't think I have EVER seen so many orangies (and buff) in one home, let alone all together in one area! And Cindy took my thoughts (again!), they are well camouflaged in that tree, ha ha haaa.

Poor Radar. Sometimes, we have to remember we KNOW our furkids, we've had plenty of experience, and we need to go with our first impression. Sorry it cost you the ER fee, VERY glad you got Radar in when you did. Heal up widdle boy!

I wonder if it is the color that Pearl doesn't like? When we go to our small dog meet ups, if there are lots of bichons (usually the case) they all play in one area together and just ignore the other pups. There is definitely breed recognition in dogs (read about it in other situations, too). Even a Maltese (also white) may not be able to work in to the play, just gets ignored. There is not nearly as much research with cats, but your situation makes me wonder.

Thank you for sharing pictures of your crew! I hope Radar is feeling better and that the rest of you kitties don't get sick.

Great pictures of all of your orange cats in your "orange tree".
    I'm sorry to hear that Radar is so sick.
    Maybe Pearl sensed something was wrong with him and that is why she hissed at him.
    She and Ziggy may also be feeling overwhelmed by all the new orange cats in your home, sometimes it takes a while for cats to get used to just one new kitten.
    Please give some hugs and kisses to all of your cats for me.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalz View Post
    All paws and claws crossed for dear little Radar. Keep us posted when you can. Hugs and cuddles to you and the Krew!
    From here too, fingers and paws crossed
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Wow - poor sick little guy! Thank goodness it is treatable! Radar, get better soon sweetie - I bet you'll be hungry within 24 hours.

Hugs to you and all your fursibs.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Aw so sorry Radar is sick. Lots of prayers on the way for you both.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another Update On Radar

Thanks everyone. I forgot to mention that even if I taken Radar into my vet hospital earlier on Friday, he would've still been treated as an urgent care case because they had no appointments left. They were totally booked Fri.,Sat.,& Sun. It's a very busy place. Radar seems a little more alert today but he still wants to sleep and just rest in his cat cube. He didn't want to eat anything at 8am but I was able to open up his mouth and out a little canned food into it. I also squirted some water into his mouth with a large syringe used for force feeding cats. At about 11:30am he was able to eat a little dry food on his own but he still didn't want any canned food so I opened up his mouth and fed him some. I also squirted more water into his mouth with the same syringe and I'll continue to do this throughout the day. He gets his meds at night since this is when we started him on them. He still feels very warm to me just like he did last night so I hope that his temp will start going down to normal soon. I hope to see more improvement in him by tomorrow.

So far the other two kittens are doing well and so are the rest of my cats. Rory's right eye is still red and sometimes has goopies so I'm putting extra drops in it. I'm glad that I adopted 3 kittens instead of just 2 because now Reece & Rory have each other to play with but of course Colby & Finnegan have to join in the fun too. I'm glad that I can be home now but I do go back to work on Monday. I learned from Radar's foster mom that a few more kittens have been having the eye problems and sneezes so they've been treated or are currently being treated and they're all doing well so something is definitely going around. Please continue sending prayers and positive thoughts Radar's way. I'll continue to keep you updated. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Those photos are amazing! I don't think I have EVER seen so many orangies (and buff) in one home, let alone all together in one area! And Cindy took my thoughts (again!), they are well camouflaged in that tree, ha ha haaa.

Poor Radar. Sometimes, we have to remember we KNOW our furkids, we've had plenty of experience, and we need to go with our first impression. Sorry it cost you the ER fee, VERY glad you got Radar in when you did. Heal up widdle boy!

I wonder if it is the color that Pearl doesn't like? When we go to our small dog meet ups, if there are lots of bichons (usually the case) they all play in one area together and just ignore the other pups. There is definitely breed recognition in dogs (read about it in other situations, too). Even a Maltese (also white) may not be able to work in to the play, just gets ignored. There is not nearly as much research with cats, but your situation makes me wonder.
    This is very interesting. I wonder if it is true in cats too. The orangies and buffs seem to really get along very well together. Sky has also been accepted by them though. I keep telling him that with his wonderful laid back personality that he could be an orangie too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermontcat View Post
    Great pictures of all of your orange cats in your "orange tree".
    I'm sorry to hear that Radar is so sick.
    Maybe Pearl sensed something was wrong with him and that is why she hissed at him.
    She and Ziggy may also be feeling overwhelmed by all the new orange cats in your home, sometimes it takes a while for cats to get used to just one new kitten.
    Please give some hugs and kisses to all of your cats for me.
    Maybe. Well I've almost had Alani & Blaze in my home for 2 years and both girls still don't like them. I continue to put feliway/comfort zone plugins into 2 of my outlets so I hope that this is helping some. Hugs & kisses are being sent. Thanks.

Hi Radar,
    That really is a neat name! I was here with Meowmie checking in with my kitty pals when I saw that you don't feel good. I'm so sorry to hear that. It's important that you eat something and take a lot of drinks. But most of all, be sure to take your medicine, it will make you feel better. And I'd like you to remember what my Meowmie always tells me - the doctor is your friend and knows how to make you better.

There's going to be plans for another Catmobile trip coming up soon and all of us would love for you and your fursibs to come. So hurry up and get better, okay?

Sending you lots of get well soon purrs and headbumpies!

Your friend,
    Groucho
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Pawsitive thoughts and prayers headed out to Radar. Get all better little guy.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla