Thread: Nike My Best Friend

I am from Old Hickory TN but now live in Bowlinggreen Ky

Unhappy Nike My Best Friend

My best friend in the world died on July 4th 2012. He was only with me for 17 months but the bond we had is now tearing my heart out. He was struck by a car and thank God he never even felt it. He had just taken a ride with me and comeing home our daughter was walking by the road at our house I pulled inand he jumped out to run to her and I hollered out Nike and then well then it all just gets a little unclear I seen him fly into the air I ran to him tears already streaming and I guess I lost it he was gone by the time I reached him. Please someone out there tell me the pain will cease in time and only the good memories will remain. How could a little dog dig this deep into my heart? My wife is trying to get me through this but I cant sleep still cry I know its not been but 4 days and greef can take time but I cant get past the last moment of his life to even focus on the good times we shared. And this Rainbow Bridge Iv heard about I sure hope its true. Some say dogs have no soul but dont you have a soul to love and I know my little Nike looked at me at times with nothing but love in his eyes. Writeing this seems to have helped a little just letting everyone know that the greatest best friend in the world has joined all the other happy pets at the Rainbow Bridge

Rest in peace, little one. We know your daddy will see you again some fine day at the Rainbow Bridge. Until then, find my Sheba dog, she'll know where all the best goodies are, and the softest places for naps, I promise.
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    RIP Nike. You are gone way too soon.

Yes Nike's dad - dogs do have a soul, there is a beautiful place called Rainbow Bridge, and in time, all the good memories of the times you and your best friend spent together will replace that one last bad memory. Nike will always be in your heart, so he isn't really gone at all - just waiting for you in a different place.

Peace to you and your family, and may the healing soon begin.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Nike my best friend

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    RIP Nike. You are gone way too soon.

Yes Nike's dad - dogs do have a soul, there is a beautiful place called Rainbow Bridge, and in time, all the good memories of the times you and your best friend spent together will replace that one last bad memory. Nike will always be in your heart, so he isn't really gone at all - just waiting for you in a different place.

Peace to you and your family, and may the healing soon begin.
    Thank you for your words I know in time my heart will mend and happy days will return it just hurts so much Nike was with me nonstop. I dont know if I did the right thing I went and got another pup from the shelter I know Nike would want me to always be able to love and care for another and well Braggo is in need of lots of love and care And Nike well hes watching out over us now waiting for me to meet him at the Rainbow bridge. I hope he found Jed and Sassy cat when he arrived if so look out all other pets them three together can make quite a mess well again thanks for the kind words and support

RIP Nike

Nike was never "yours", he belongs to his Father, who gave him to you for a little while and then took him home. I really believe that. You loved him and he loved you and you both had so much happiness and that was a gift and a blessing. The day will come when you will remember all the good times and it won't hurt. And think of it this way...Nike never gave you a reason to be sad, did he? He only gave you happy memories. So grieve for awhile...of course it hurts, hurts, hurts...they have a way of getting into our hearts. That part of your heart that is hurting is Nike's part, and always will be. And then don't feel bad when the time comes when you can smile at the memories and not cry. It is all as it was meant to be. As far as getting another pet, good for you! Have you seen this? I'm sure it applies to dogs as well...God bless you for loving one of God's creatures so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

Dear Sadbutgratful thank you for your careing you could never be more right about the bond Nike and I shared and I will never forget him and I can say I have'nt cried yesterday or today and I know our time together will always comfort me when I start to miss him. I'm still feeling a little guilty about getting Braggo but he is a wonderful dog and needed a good home the pet's last will yes I have seen that on my facebook page I have the one for dog's well once again thank you for your comforting words

I'm sorry about Nike. It will get easier, it will take time. Nike will always be with you, he's in your heart forever.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla