Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do spammers ...

I learned the names of many banks from spammers - I thought "First Third Bank" had to be made up until I got a bunch of spam listing it - and then found out it was real. The dead giveaway for me is when pet, Karen, and help all get the same email - and I never give any of those email addresses to banks!
    I've Been Frosted

I get popup offers all the time from Match.com.. men, women, choose your 10-year age range, different neighborhoods mostly around metro-Detroit, but I have gotten offers from Cleveland, too..

So many choices, how can I ever decide?!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I forgot to mention all the spammers who send me "invoices" for things I never purchased - on iTunes, or eBay or anywhere else. Sometimes I have to drill down pretty far to see where the email originate from!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Top this one if you can.

Today I got an email from Christy Walton - yes - of the Walmart empire. She's dying and has only 2 months to live, and she has $55 BILLION - 9 of which she wants to give to me to help some charities. When this money hit my bank account I'll let you all know, and if anyone needs some financial help - then just ask me for it. The sky's the limit! I guess this means I can tell that rude customer service person I encountered in Walmart a few days ago, to take a flying leap. Heck - I can buy the whole store outright and fire every last person there if I want to.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Top this one if you can.

Today I got an email from Christy Walton - yes - of the Walmart empire. She's dying and has only 2 months to live, and she has $55 BILLION - 9 of which she wants to give to me to help some charities. When this money hit my bank account I'll let you all know, and if anyone needs some financial help - then just ask me for it. The sky's the limit! I guess this means I can tell that rude customer service person I encountered in Walmart a few days ago, to take a flying leap. Heck - I can buy the whole store outright and fire every last person there if I want to.
    Go For It!!!!!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Oh, another new popular trend is "Time and Attendance Software/Solution/Track your hours" - is this such a common problem/ issue that spammers think they can profit from it?
    I've Been Frosted

Just got and "junked" one that me smile nonetheless. The title? "Learn Good" and subject "Online language learning," which of course my editor/daughter of an English teacher's brain immediately said "That should be 'Learn Well!" or "Learn Easily," or something else! "Learn Good" sounds uneducated, you're not gonna be trusted to teach anyone language!
    I've Been Frosted

Reviving this just to say,

If Tara the Psychic really was a psychic, she'd know I will delete the email unread, even if it says she has a reading for me!

And I still, I repeat still have no Exes who are searching for me, as I have no Exes!
    I've Been Frosted

Recently spammers have been sending a "how to grow hair" email - I mean, really? Have they taken a look at my mop? I hardly need to grow MORE of it!
    I've Been Frosted

I get so many spam emails from Match.com and Christian Mingle that I will never ever use them, even if I was single.

Why do spammers now assume I'd want a Chinese bride, when I never have responded to any of the offers of Russian Brides or other Asian brides over the years? I wonder if my Russian-American niece-in-law gets those, too!

And why have they all of a sudden decided saffron, of all things, is the next diet miracle? It happens to be the given name of my new music director's little daughter, who is 2 1/2 years old and bright as can be, and I just don't associate her with weight loss!
    I've Been Frosted

Okay, why oh why do spammer assume I'd be interested in Match.com - or other dating sites? Been happily married for many years now, not interested, and don't foresee ever being so! This seems to have replaced the v!agr@ spams ... Although I am now getting "mash patch" injury spams, when I'd never even heard of whatever it is!
    I've Been Frosted

It is annoying that spammers assume I am diabetic (never have been), single (not for 27 years) and telemarketers have been leaving messages saying "If anyone in your household is over 60 ... which we are not ... maybe some of our furniture is, but ...
    I've Been Frosted

A little OT but in spite of being on the Federal Do Not Call list I get approximately 10 robocalls/week.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    A little OT but in spite of being on the Federal Do Not Call list I get approximately 10 robocalls/week.
    Me too, and at least 10 calls a week.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery