Thread: Something New?

Something New?

Or, at least, I haven't seen it before. At the very bottom of Pet of the Day, under Darwin's last picture, there is a reminder with six pictures to check Today's pet in PetTalk.

The reminder for Pet Talk has always been there, but today we added the icons for a week's worth of previous pets as well! We are redoing the navigation system for the pages, and this was step # 1! And maybe now with the colorful icons on the page, more folks will see the Pet Talk reminder, too!
    I've Been Frosted

And today, cats and dogs have the extra pictures.

Yes, what do people think? And do you like the larger pictures on the home pages?
    I've Been Frosted

I like the larger pictures, too.

I like the icons of a week of Pet/Cat/Dog OTDs! .
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

We were beginning to think Freckles was the only one that noticed! Thanks for posting! And no one is having trouble viewing the larger images?
    I've Been Frosted

I noticed a few days ago, but didn't have time to comment. I like that you can view the pictures of the previous days' pets below, but why the big space above them, or is it below? The larger pictures are also nice.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I noticed both when they first "aired", but didn't comment. Believe it or not, I really don't comment on everything!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Uh, brain is on vacation. "What?" Yep!

The pictures are larger! I have a larger screen so sometimes I don't notice stuff like that. I should slap my own head! I had noticed the links at the bottom of the page. That is nice. If you miss a day, it makes it easier to read the story.

Nice job!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I noticed the previous cat of the day pics under the cat of the day
    I was wondering if you were going to do that for the month.

Can never have to many kitty pics on one page.

I did also notice after a few of the pic were posted when I put my mouse over it the cats name came up.
    but the first few days when I did it no name came up. I figured you were still adding features

I like it

Yes, I also noticed and like this new feature.

We are going to add a better navigation system to all the pages, and you are astute to notice now the names appear when you mouse over them! Randi, that space contains an ad on our pages, perhaps there is not ad available for them to serve for your country at the moment! I am glad folks are liking the changes, keep the comments coming!
    I've Been Frosted

I noticed it as well when the pics first appeared on the PotD page, but until this thread I wasn't sure where to post a comment (all the other threads in the Town Hall section have to do with the forum itself, not the main sites).

It looks great, and it adds a nice touch to the navigation (since in the past, the most common thing I click on is "Previous..." when I happen to have missed a day). Keep up the good work!

Now that I know this section can be used to comment on the main site, I'm going to start a new thread about the Pet Polls (stay tuned!).
    "On the web, nobody knows you're a pet!"