Thread: HARTFORD, CT: URGENT CODE RED! Homeless woman in car with SENIOR cats NEEDS URGENT HELP!

HARTFORD, CT: URGENT CODE RED! Homeless woman in car with SENIOR cats NEEDS URGENT HELP!

EMERGENCY! - WOMAN HOMELESS KICKED OUT BY BOYFRIEND (she's older) LIVING IN CAR WITH SENIOR CATS! - NEEDS A PLACE TONIGHT FOR THE 4 CATS!

CONTACT OWNER: She's on 215 Westland St in Hartford, CT.
    The number that she calls from is: 860-983-3375 or
    Joanna
    860-518-2817

Nobody responded to the email sent out. I don't know what to tell the
    woman, and she is desperate. Her name is Virginia, and she is really living in her car with the poor kitties. She is more worried about the cats than
    herself. The two 15 year old senior kitties need to stay together though,
    as they have been inseparable since they were little. The other two 3 yr
    olds can be separated. Please help if you can.

EMERGENCY! WOMAN HOMELESS KICKED OUT BY BOYFRIEND (she's older) LIVING IN
    CAR WITH SENIOR CATS! NEEDS A PLACE TONIGHT FOR THE 4 CATS

This Woman called me few days ago sobbing that she is homeless literally
    living in a car in this hot weather with her 4 cats! Two of them are 15
    years old! One of the senior kitty's is a Pure Siamese. The other a Black
    white female short haired also 15 yrs old. The two senior kitties need to
    stay together, as they are very attached to each other. The other two are
    about 2/3 yrs old. One is all black long haired female, and other is grey
    tiger. All are spayed/ neutered.

Her car is unregistered and broken, and she said it's so hot in it for the
    cats, and she tries to let them out to walk around a little outside, but
    can't because where she is parked, the people told her she can't stay there,
    and has to move her vehicle ASAP, or they will call the police and get it
    towed. (Her car is parked in the parking lot of a multi family house in
    north end of Hartford ).

She has no money, her unemployment ended a while ago, and she only gets food stamps and medical. Her boyfriend kicked her out she said because she didn't have money for her half of the rent. She has been living with this guy for a few months, and she knew him from before, and he just kicked her out, and won't even let her go in the apartment to get something to drink or water for the cats. He also didn't want the cats. She said that was another issue. So now she's in the parking lot there in a horrible part of Hartford where the neighbors are breeding Pitbulls in the basements!

So she's scared that her cats could end up in wrong hands. She said she has no food left either for them.

She called again today crying that she is so depressed, and doesn't know
    what will happen now. She said they can come any minute and tow her car!

PLEASE, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP HER! SHE HAS NOWHERE TO GO NO FAMILY OR
    FRIENDS. :-(

SHE'S FROM NY ORIGINALLY)

She's on 215 Westland St in Hartford, CT.
    The number that she calls from is: 860-983-3375

This is a real emergency, I'm not making it up to be more than it is she
    really is in need of someone taking the cats because she said she can't even
    go to a homeless shelter because they won't let you bring pets and she said
    she won't just leave them there outside.

Joanna
    860-518-2817
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Surely the police would help, find shelter for herself, and perhaps take the cats to the city pound for the time being, it does not sound like she is safe, and no one wants her or the cats to die unnecessarily. Have the authorities been contacted at all?
    I've Been Frosted

Pat,

I've been in contact with Joanna, a volunteer with my friend Linda Karalus's rescue org AAWL (Animal Alliance Welfare League). The cats are not in danger of being killed. She has an alternate plan for them. We're trying to get Virginia (lady living in car) into a women's shelter. She fears that the car will be towed while the cats are in it.

Linda assured me everything is under control.

I'll keep you posted. THANK YOU for spreading the word. Hope you have a wonderful 4th!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Donna and Joanna. I am SO glad to know these kitties (and hopefully their purrson) are safe.

God bless you. Loads of love to you all (and a happy 4th, too!).

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Pat,

Thank YOU for putting the word out!!!!

xoxoxoxo

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Thanks, Donna. I just passed this update along to Alexandra, the woman who got the word out to ME!

It is such wonderful news to hear when any of these lost ones get saved.

God bless, all!

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and
    Death thought about it.

Hey Pat,

I got another email update on the situation. There is one other cat left that needs fostering. It's about a year and a half old. Unfortunately, I can't because I'm WAY beyond my limit.

Like I told Linda on the phone this morning, I don't care about the woman. She can get her @$$ to a shelter. I'm worried about the animals. So I guess my job here is done.
    Last edited by moosmom; 07-05-2012 at 03:02 PM.