Thread: Tiger

Tiger

I received a special treat this morning: for the first time ever, Tiger settled down next to me at the computer and spent some time just lying there and purring. Tiger came to me a few years back after having been rescued along with a sibling when a litter of kittens were met with a very bad incident in the middle of
    a country road. Eventually, Tiger was the only survivor, and among several people in the neighborhood, he decided to settle with me.

During these years Tiger had never shown much in the way of affection toward me -- he always chose to abide with me -- but he did not show any affection until about a year ago. Since then Tiger has grown more and more, little bit by little bit, affectionate in his attentions. Nowadays he will occasionally crawl into bed with me and insist on some head rubs.

Tiger has always liked the dogs -- especially Oscar. Perhaps that is why he liked abiding with me -- Tiger liked the dogs! Since early on Tiger would cozy up to and sleep next to Oscar, and Oscar never seemed to mind. To have Tiger lying on the table next to me and purr while I worked on the computer was indeed a real treat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TigerBrightEyes-349x337.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	54149 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TigerSquint-399x395.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	54150 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TigerLooking-542x600-392x433.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	442.4 KB 
ID:	54151
    Tiger

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OscarTree-760x573-600x452.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	54152
    Oscar

Awww, congratulations! We have a kitty name Tiger in our neighborhood. When the days are nice enough that we will have the sliding doors open with just a screen, he will often come to the screen and Mrow Mrow Mrow until I send Paul over to pet him. Sometimes he wants food, but sometimes just petting. In the cooler weather when I am wearing gloves, I can pet him when I go to get the mail, but as I am horribly allergic to cats, I cannot pat him without something between his fur and my skin. Thankfully, Paul is not only willing, but a good kitty friend, and doles out skritches and rubs until Tiger decides he's had enough, and moves on, probably to the next open door to meow at them!

We know where he lives, his people keep the garage door open just enough for him to slip in and out, and he has a collar and is not overweight, so giving him some leftover ham or turkey shouldn't hurt him!
    I've Been Frosted

What a sweet boy he is! I love his pictures.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Yay, Tiger! This is such wonderful news! You are such a handsome kitty guy, you could be the brother of Pinot and Eve! My cat Cassie has always been a "next to you" kitty. She will sit beside me, or between my feet, but she is not a lap cat.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Tiger sure is a very handsome boy and I'm glad to hear that he's coming out of his shell and now wants some affection. It takes some cats years before their true loving personlaities come out.

How wonderful that Tiger is becoming more affectionate towards you. It's taken a long time, but with fewer cats he doesn't have to fight for your attention so much. Oscar has always loved to have a kitty friend, hasn't he and it sounds like Tiger is now his favorite.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I have had that as well Cats that I thought were indifferent slowly growing to be My Friends
    Pouncierge and Miquelito ran away at first, but now are My Buddies!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS