Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colby's Birthday Presents!!!

Colby's Birthday Presents!!!

As most of you know Colby turned 1 year old on July 1st. I was only going to get him two birthday presents but it turned into three. Most of you will think that I've really become crazy now and I'd probably agree with you. Please scroll down to see his 3 birthday presents.
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <

<
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <

Here they are:

The buff male kitten on the left came with the name Finnegan, the red male kitten in the middle came with the name Chunkster, and the orange male kitten on the right came with the name Chubbs. I need to change all three of their names. I was only going to adopt 2 kittens and even though they were from the same rescue group,FOSMAS, they were at different locations. Their foster mom is the same as Colby's and they're all sweethearts. At first Finnegan was going to have to be adopted with his brother Flannery an orange stripped tabby but I was able to adopt him without his brother. Chubbs & Chunkster aren't related even though they look like they could be.

They're all in my bathroom and Chubb's has been sneezing and had some white/yellowish discharge in one of his eyes. At the Gilroy Petsmart there was also a black kitten with the same thing that was being treated. I think that something is going around so his foster mom gave me some eye drops and clavamox to give to all 3 kittens. Hopefully they'll recover soon and it won't spread to the rest of my cats. It may also just be allergies but we don't want to take that chance so they need to stay in my hall bathroom for a while. I first went to the Milpitas Petsmart to look at Finnegan & his brother Flannery and then I went to the Gilroy Petco to look at Chubbs & Chunkster. Well I fell in love with Chubbs & Chunkster so I adopted them on Sat. June 30th. Later that night, I called their foster mom and I told her that I kept thinking about Finnegan. I wanted to know if I could adopt him without his brother and still get the multiple discount price. She said she'd contact the adoption lady in charge of the adoptions at the Milpitas Petsmart to see if he was really bonded to his brother. From what I saw he wasn't because when all of the kittens are let out of their cages, they would play with any other kitten and it didn't have to be a sibling. The lady agreed that the two weren't bonded so they could be adopted out seperately. I was able to meet her on Sun. at 5pm at Petsmart and then take him home. My other Finnegan has been playing pawsies under the door with them so I know he's ready to meet them and play with them. I hope that the others will also warm up to them.

Yes, I know that I said that 8 was enough but originally I was going to adopt at least one kitten from Colby's foster mom so he could have a playmate. I couldn't wait so then I adopted Finnegan. I then decided to check the kittens out on the FOSMAS website and I thought they were all so adorable that I just had to meet them in person. I knew I'd end up with at least two of them but I sure didn't plan on three. Since I have more space now and I'm taking some time off, I thought that now would be the perfect time to open up my home and my heart to a few more kittens in need of good loving forever homes. They're been having a very hard time adopting their kittens out. Now on with more pictures.

Here are some of Finnegan's Petfinder pictures and the last one was taken by a man who just volunteers to take pictures for FOSMAS.

Here are a few that I took of him tonight in my hall bathroom.

More pictures coming up.>>>>>

Here are Chubbs's Petfinder pictures.

More pictures coming up.>>>>>

Here are Chunkster's Petfinder pictures.

Here's one of him taken on Sat. night in my bathroom.

Here's some of both Chubbs & Chunkster taken Sat. night in my bathroom.

More pictures coming up.>>>>>>

Here are a few new Finnegan pictures.

More pictures coming up.>>>>

You are truly a girl after my own heart! A house full of Awesome Orangies! Perfect! Crazy? Sure you're crazy, about cats. There ain't NOTHIN' wrong with that!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Last but not least, here are a few new Colby pictures.

I'm still trying to think of some good names for the 3 new kittens. I was kind of thinking "Rory" for Chunkster because he's a red kitten and Reece for Chubbs since he's an orange kitten and I kind of like that they'd then both have "R" names. What do you think? I have no idea what to name the other Finnegan. Name suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Oh my!!! I wasn't expecting this! Not three kittys anyways! They're all three so cute! I like the names Rory and Reece.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    ***THUD*** That was my bottom jaw hitting the desk!

I just don't know how some of you pet parents do it with so many multiples. There's 2 cats and 2 dogs in this household, and at times, even that seems somewhat hectic.

The new boys are adorable - but of course all of your cats are gorgeous! A big welcome to the new trio!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh my goodness! A symphony in orange!

God bless.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

OMG! You are a crazy cat lady and I'd love to come visit your crazy cat household!!
    I also like the names Rory and Reece. And to stick with the R theme, how bout Remington for the Finnegan. You can call him Remi.
    I don't know how you can tell all of these orangies apart. I knew you loved orange kitties...........but goodness.
    And I'm with Ellie, I've got two dogs and two cats (only one dog right now) and it's crazy around here. I have seriously been thinking of adding another kitten so Jax will leave Paizly alone. But I just can't bring my self to do it. I don't want to mess up the system of male/female with each species. Plus I don't want to upset Paizly.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

OMG!!! Please forgive me I just returned to PetTalk after being away for several days and this is the first thread I opened .... WOW those babies are so sweet!!! Orange Goodness . KAK you are an amazing woman.

Happy Birthday to you Colby - you are going to be a very busy little boy helping mom take care of all those little one.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Chubbs has HUGE ears! You should call him Radar as he'll pick up lots of signals! (Except for the signal "Come here." )

They are totally adorable! I hope the sneezies heal soon.

KAK...I have a feeling that one of these days you'll post something about 'making it an even dozen', then a baker's dozen, then....
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda