Thread: Darwin!!!

Darwin!!!

You're a gorgeous boy Darwin! It looks like you're living a wonderful life and keep yourself very busy! Congrats on being POTD!
    I hope this is a special day for you!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Magnificent Darwin!

Hi Darwin! Happy Pet of the Day to you, and to your proud Mommy, too! I just about fell off of my chair when I clicked on your feature photo, all of your amazing photos, and I can only imagine the ooo's and ahhh's, the gasps of surprise and delight that erupt when you come walking by; at all of your special, goodwill appearances! What a stunning, magnificent, simply gorgeous (almost prehistoric looking) creature you are, Darwin, and so aptly named! The tortoise world has one awesome ambassador in you!

How lucky your Mommy is, having a best friend as unique as you to call her own, and how blessed are you, having (somehow) found your way to such a caring, loving, happy, active and adventure filled forever home! It's hard to imagine that you will, before long, be doubling your size! But no doubt your Mom will be remodeling/re-sizing your already deluxe accommodations as need be!
    Keep up the good work, Darwin, bringing so much joy and delight and love to all who have the great honor of crossing your path! You're the best!
    Enjoy your well earned day in the spotlight, Darwin, being treated to endless trays of fresh veggies, and all the love your HUGE heart can hold!
    Long, long, long and happy life to you, magnificent Darwin!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries

Darwin

Seeing Darwin today made Canada Day even better! Darwin is the most magnificent tortoise and a very special POTD! Peace and love

Good morning, Darwin Harris! I think your bio and photos are so interesting! Romaine, vegetables, PB&J and the occasional nom of clover -- your mom makes sure that your dietary needs are met! I agree with tatsxxx11, I'll bet you're the star of the show and a terrific ambassador for tortoises when you appear at SPCA events. And for all animals as well! I laughed out loud at all the interests on your Facebook page Can you please ask your mom to tell us more about the small tortoises in these pictures? I smiled at the photo of you with many little ones- tortoises large and small! I really like the picture of the person putting her hand on your shell, and the last one of you in the sun, munching on greens! Happy Pet of the Day to you, tortoise ambassador Darwin Harris!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Darwin what a stunning fellow you are!!!

It was certainly a treat to see your wonderful pictures today. It would be so much fun to meet you in person. I can see why you would be the hit of any event you go to. I hope you are enjoying a fun day today.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Pet of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How utterly gorgeous you are Darwin. Happy POTD to you. I know there are many different species but you have to be the most handsome I've ever seen. I wasn't aware that tortoises lives for 200 years. Here's a question for the owner: Obviously humans aren't here that many years. Do you have a special relative that he would go to if something were to happen to you? I know it's not something happy to talk about but I'm so curious b/c most of us will outlive our dogs and cats. He would most likely have to be rehomed 3 times before he reaches 200 years old. And since the tortoise can be here for decades, how does one protect him in making sure he has homes?

Athens, GA USA is where I currently live.

As Pet of the Day, Darwin really Tortoise

Tortoise, taught us - yeah, I know, but Lewis Carroll said it first. Wow Darwin is amazing and beautiful! Congratulations to Darwin for being a very deserving Pet of the Day and on having such an interesting life!
    There are no ordinary cats. - Colette

The photo of him with all the little tortoises... I love it!! I used to have a Russian Tortoise, I miss him dearly But 110#?! That's bigger than most dogs we see at the clinic I work at!