Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Severe Weather across OH

Severe Weather across OH

Caught video this morning on the Weather Channel out of Findlay, OH (where we've had past PT gatherings and Diana & Carl live).

Said a possible tornado touched down there.

We have a lot of Pet Talkers in OH, so I was just checking to see if everyone was ok!

*hugs*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

It was pretty darned severe in MD too! Pinot and I were hiding in the basement last night. My husband went out this morning and said, the side of the house got power washed - it looks really clean! Seriously, though, it was ROUGH.

Mid Atlantic/Ohio Valley PT'ers - CHECK IN!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

The storms weren't bad here in NE Ohio, at least not where I am. I've heard there were a lot of bad storms though. I hope everyone is ok!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Doing fine here in Cleveland - it just pretty much missed us and we didn't get a big storm. It rained for about a 1/2 hour then that was it for the night. However, Columbus did get HIT pretty bad. Trees all over the place, no power there since 4pm yesterday from what I heard. Mike and I were just there this morning/early afternoon so I could do a photoshoot at a really nice park near OSU campus....
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I hope power gets turned back on soon! That heat wave is not only horrid but I also fear for seniors and other vulnerable people. PT Prayer - RAIN please!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We lost power at 5 pm Friday afternoon and it came back on 10 am Saturday. Storms were bad, loss of power worse. Some here still dont have power, and its not expected to return until Monday.

Glad for those of you who are reporting in and safe. A friend in the Washington DC area is without power and I just heard on the news it may be a week before it is back in some places. They were headed to a friend's place that had not only electricity, but functional A/C, for which they were very grateful!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Checking in - just got cable and internet back last night. It was wicked here - tons of trees down and siding ripped off houses, etc. We get a lot of protection with woods on 3 sides, so nothing major at this address. Lawn furniture tossed, lots of tree branches down, and the American flag is on the roof with half of the flagpole attached, and the other half of the pole is very bent, but still in the bracket. Power was out for about 5 hours. I had never seen such intense lightening coming from every direction and going on and on for over 2 hours. A real nail-biter!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Science behind rare derecho storm that hit Friday

http://www.wtop.com/41/2925683/Scien...hat-hit-Friday

That sounds like quite a bad storm. I hope you're all safe!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I hope those of you without power get it back soon! Looks like another round of storms across the country. Everyone be safe!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Storms across SC tonight! Power already flickered once. Hope it stays on!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Well Sasha and I didn't fare too well. Our house took a direct hit. Tree came crashing through the dining room window, another one took out part of the front porch and crushed my gas grill. We still have no power (I am at the library!) and are being told my street may not have power until Saturday!

Poor "OchieBoo" was home alone, as I was at work. I arrived 3 hours after the storm hit. When I arrived I was in total shock, and just sat in my car and stared at the devastation on my street. I asked about my upstairs neighbor (she is elderly, her husband was at work and their living room window was blown out!) She was okay, but shook up. And then my landlord told me they couldn't find my cat! You can imagine my panic and I ran into the house, calling for her and looking in any hiding spot she might be in. I finally found her under the couch (which she really cannot fit under!), backed as far into a corner as she could get, shaking like a leaf and her eyes were huge! She finally came out when she saw me. Poor baby.

91 MPH winds, trees crashing through windows, onto the porch and crushing one neighbor's car and another neighbor's motorcycle.... she had to have been terrified! And then everyone yelling, going into my house, and then the chainsaws!

She is okay now. Property can be replaced. People and pets cannot. And so we know how lucky we are. Had I been home, my car would have been crushed by the tree that landed in the driveway!

Below is my neighbor's car. My house is the white one in the background.

Name:  neighbor's car. My house is the white with red shutters..png
Views: 214
Size:  413.7 KB
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Thank goodness you and Sasha are safe! How scary for your poor kitty, I don't blame her for hiding!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh my God. I am so grateful you are all right. As you said, property can be replaced, people and pets cannot.

Blessings,

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery