Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sydney's eye troubles..

Sorry to hear about Sydney's vision. Prayers on the way for his vision and for his quick adaption to this new circumstance. Prayers for you, too.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you, Anne.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

how is Sydney doing now Pat??
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thanks for asking, Carole. He is doing okay.. he's getting all his meds, he likes to eat and eats small amounts several times a day, and he likes to cuddle with me.

Yesterday evening I noticed his right front leg was swollen.. a little sensitive to the touch but he didn't react as if it was painful. I have no idea what that could be from. I thought I'd need to call the vet to see if I could get him in today because they'll be closed for the holiday tomorrow.. but now the swelling is gone, and I guess I should just watch him and see. I just called the vet to ask what it might be, but he's in surgery now so he'll have to call me back later.

Please keep the prayers and good wishes coming, friends!

Love from Sydney and Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

glad to hear he is doing better, wonder why is foot was swollen,poor wee guy, hope it is nothing to worry about,let us know what the vet thinks, be thinking of you both, hugs.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thanks, Carole, the hugs are appreciated by both of us!

The vet called back. I told him about Sydney's swollen leg and then the swelling was gone this morning. I'd given Sydney his afternoon Sub-Q fluids two or three hours earlier, and I wondered if that could possibly have gone down his leg. .. though I've been giving Sydney, and other cats, sub-Q fluids for a long time and hadn't seen this before.

The vet thought that was very likely what had happened.. He said he'd seen this occasionally before. It happens when, when the needle is inserted it winds up in one of the lymphatic canals.. and so the liquid just flows wherever the canal leads. And it all gets absorbed over time.

So, as long as it was no longer a problem, we'll just watch out for anything else out of the ordinary.

What a relief not to have to bring him in again for an emergency vet appointment!!!

Sydney is doing fine under the circumstances. He gets his meds, and his fluids, and he eats when he wants.

Thanks, Carole, and everyone, and God bless.

Death thought about it.