Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Do we dare discuss the Supreme Court decision re: Healthcare

I was very much opposed to it until I read a break-down of it. There are still a LOT of rumors and myths floating around about what is included in the bill that just aren't true.

I will say, though, that I am still NOT happy about being "penalized" for making a CHOICE to not purchase insurance. They say this is to prevent people from getting coverage on an "as-needed" basis, and hopefully promoting more wellness care so that emergency trips are avoided or lessened. I do understand that, but we live in America, we are the "land of the free", yet we aren't allowed to make a choice to have insurance or not or we get "penalized". Oh, sorry, they call it a "tax" so it's deemed "constitutional".

BUT, I do encourage every one of you to visit this link and read the break-down of points. He even goes through and debunks some myths that are floating around, some of which I've even read in this thread.

http://www.reddit.com/tb/vbkfm

facebook

Now that the government controls our health insurance, it's only a hop, skip and jump until they control what we are allowed to eat. After all that is health related, right? and our bedtimes too. We must get the proper amout of sleep each night to stay healthy.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Now that the government controls our health insurance, it's only a hop, skip and jump until they control what we are allowed to eat. After all that is health related, right? and our bedtimes too. We must get the proper amout of sleep each night to stay healthy.
    I don't think you need to worry about any of that. After all, most countries have universal healthcare in the developed world, and none of them regulate bed time, and what folks eat!
    I've Been Frosted

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    I was very much opposed to it until I read a break-down of it.
    BUT, I do encourage every one of you to visit this link and read the break-down of points. He even goes through and debunks some myths that are floating around, some of which I've even read in this thread.

Thank you for sharing this link. One thing I find is that most people who object to it have no idea what is REALLY contained in the bill. I hope many others read it.

I've gone on too little sleep here often in my life and I ain't done time yet!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I can't seem to remember a program that the government has had it's hands in that was efficient, stayed within budget and was not riddled with extreme excesses or just downright fraud. I really don't foresee this program turning out any different.

I agree that there is a segment of our society that needs health care and can not afford it. In Arizona the program is called AHCCCS. Government run and paid for with tax money taken from working people and it is, like most government programs, extremely inefficient but it gives the needy healthcare.

I think this is just another step to make people more dependent on the government. The more dependent a person is on the government, the more control the government has over that person.

The government is currently spending millions advertising food stamps. Get more people on food stamps, they are more dependent on the government.

The list goes on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I've gone on too little sleep here often in my life and I ain't done time yet!
    It all depends on what you do while awake!

--------------------------

At the risk of ticking everyone here off?

Most of have been on the edge of not being able to 'make it' in the world.

Some of us have been blessed with non-stop HCI or some kind of plan to fall back on.

My mom told me the story, with tears in her eyes, about the woman in from of her at the pharmacy.

The woman needed her prescription and was trying to 'barter' a deal with the person on the other side of the counter.

Paraphrasing here - "I don't have enough money to pay for my pills, can I have buy enough to to take until I get more money?"

It doesn't matter when you do not have money. A point that is seem to be lost on the masses.

---------------------------

Low cost HCI doesn't mean anything when you do not have the money to pay for it, period.

Monthly payments, co-pays and deductibles are pretty scary when you are living 'comfortably'.

Just do not fall, twist, break or get ill.

-------------------------

Basic HC in other countries is just that, basic.

Go to Mexico and trip into the "clinica" and check out the care.

Look carefully at what they have to offer and pray to god you don't get sick.

A 'curandera/o' might be able to give you and herb or poultice that may make you well.

Forget an X-ray, CAT, MRI. A blood test just might be "it's red and runs"

-----------------------------

Tax, schmax.

You can't afford to pay for anything, now BO and the SC morons, want to make it so you cannot afford more things.

In Cah-lee-fuh-nee-ah, they were ways that the Tax Board and the State Gov't. found ways to take money from you.

If you do not register a vehicle on time, they will garnish your wages or take the money out of your tax return.

If you don't pay child support, they will hit you there also (Kids do need to be taken care of, but that is another topic)

So, what happens when you do not or cannot afford to pay for HCI?

You are 'penalized' for your inability to comply. Heaven forbid you wait until your tax return to get HCI and find out that your money is taken to pay that penalty.

----------------------

The people who put this HCI law together do not know what it's like to struggle to pay your bills, put food on the table and keep a roof over your head.

If you have HCI don't worry about it, you're cool.

Don't pay attention to the people who are in ratty pajamas or look unkempt when you go to the ER or Drs' office.
    Sit far away from them and don't make eye contact either. You'll feel better knowing you don't have the problems that they do.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I just saw a bit of an interview between Nancy Pelosi and David Gregory (NBC).

"It's not a tax, it's a penalty. It a penalty for the people who are freeriders...

------------------------------

IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY FOR HCI, YOU ARE NOT CHOOSING NOT TO PAY FOR IT.

YOU CANNOT AFFORD IT.

And even if they have 'Low Cost' programs that you still CAN'T afford, what happens then?

------------------

I always thought that politicians were effing stupid.

Kinda sad to know I am right.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

9. There are reasons people do not buy medical insurance. Some do not buy it because they figure they are young and do not need it. There are people who prefer to spend there money elsewhere knowing they can always go to the emergency room if it really matters. Some cannot afford what it costs today (well over $1,000 a month for family coverage) but would love to be able to buy it if it was less expensive.

I would like to see universal healthcare coverage as most of the western world has. But that would be too much of a shock to the system for this country. Something is better than nothing.

The purpose of the act - and the link Jessika posted http://www.reddit.com/tb/vbkfm is a really good summary - it to make healthcare affordable.

This
    IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY FOR HCI, YOU ARE NOT CHOOSING NOT TO PAY FOR IT.

YOU CANNOT AFFORD IT.
    is simply not true. There are people who choose not to pay for it.

The other day an employee asked me if he could add his wife to his insurance because she is pregnant. I told him that is like buying car insurance after you have an accident.

And this
    And even if they have 'Low Cost' programs that you still CAN'T afford, what happens then?
    is the whole point. Making healthcare affordable. Tort reform will not make these people any more able to afford insurance.

But, as some continue to post without reading what the ACA really says:

No, there would not be coverage for illegal immigrants

It will - over time - get rid of pre-existing condition exclusions

It has provisions designed to decrease the cost of medicines

It will - over time - eliminate life time maximums

It will - over time - require insurance to cover preventative care

Beginning in 2014 if you can afford it you will be required to either have insurance coverage or pay a tax or mandate or whatever you want to call it. Of about $600 a year. If you choose not to have insurance. Again if you can afford it. There are provisions in the plan for those who cannot afford it.

There are no "death panels" any where in the bill.

Now which one of those things takes away your freedom? Which one of those things is so oppressive? Which one of those things represents the government intruding in the doctor/patient relationship? (That is still left to the insurance companies and their profit motives!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    I was very much opposed to it until I read a break-down of it. There are still a LOT of rumors and myths floating around about what is included in the bill that just arent true.

Thank you for posting this. Great, easy to read information.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    No, there would not be coverage for illegal immigrants

There are no "death panels" any where in the bill.
    Well, since lots of illegals already get free care, it would make sense that they don't mention covering it.
    Who wants to turn someone who is sick away just because they broke a law by being here illegaly? No one!

As for 'death panels', please don't give them any ideas!!! I look for them to sneak them in when no one is looking.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

12. Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Well, since lots of illegals already get free care, it would make sense that they don't mention covering it.
    Who wants to turn someone who is sick away just because they broke a law by being here illegaly? No one!

As for 'death panels', please don't give them any ideas!!! I look for them to sneak them in when no one is looking.
    The only one talking about death panels is Sarah Palin - and thankfully she is yesterday's news.

When do you think "no one is looking"?

Who is "them"?

What is it in the bill - not the stuff that people make up - but what is really in the bill - that you don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    I was very much opposed to it until I read a break-down of it. There are still a LOT of rumors and myths floating around about what is included in the bill that just aren't true.

I will say, though, that I am still NOT happy about being "penalized" for making a CHOICE to not purchase insurance. They say this is to prevent people from getting coverage on an "as-needed" basis, and hopefully promoting more wellness care so that emergency trips are avoided or lessened. I do understand that, but we live in America, we are the "land of the free", yet we aren't allowed to make a choice to have insurance or not or we get "penalized". Oh, sorry, they call it a "tax" so it's deemed "constitutional".

Thanks for this info.It explains a lot.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm glad that link has helped you guys. I know it helped explain it to me a lot!

facebook

Make mine a sugar free Kool-Aid.

----------------

Affordable HCI?

When you do not have the money to pay for insurance, it's not that you do not choose to buy it, It's you cannot afford it.

I guess it's too hard to imagine that when you never have had to worry about it. I heard the same crap on all the sunday news shows and how my life is going to improve because some arseholes voted to penalize people for being poor.

--------------

Universal healthcare is the stupidest thing on the planet.

Case in point?

Go buy some accessory/aftermarket part for your car that says "UNIVERSAL FIT" or "FITS ALL MODELS" on it.

You are going to get a part that might fit your car.

It's more or less a sub standard fit, finish, and material.

I'd love to trust my health or loved ones to a 'close enough' style of medicine.

--------------------------

As with anything on the planet, I'll believe it when I see that it's great for everyone.

This bill is Horse Crap and to think that the prices of meds and implants will go down is pretty entertaining.

Please,

Cross you legs and don't let anyone blow smoke up your heinie. It's not good for you and you may not be covered by your insurance company.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.