Thread: Row row row your boat!

Row row row your boat!

Ahhh, the joys of a tropical storm. It's been raining for 3 days straight here in NE FL. I know we will hae a few more days of this. Luckily we live in a high area but a lot of my friends are getting flooded out of thier homes. Roads are being washed out and the bugs are multiplying like mad! I hope this storm passes quickly. Beenie and Frankie are so sad. They haven't been outside to play in days. When they have to go out, I take them but they look at me with pitiful eyes as if to say, do I have to....? I don't want to get my feet wet momma! It's funny and sad at the same time. I know we needed the rain but not this much!

Aww, poor beleaguered pups! Wet feet? The horror! I'm sure any Lab neighbors are loving it, though! Puddles, GIANT puddles! Whee!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Hoping you come thu this none the worse for wear. Flooding in FL brings out the not so nice critters too. Back in the early 60's I visited my brother who lived in Sarasota at the time. There had been flooding right before I got there, and I remember an abundance of snakes, and seeing a rat hanging on the screen to the Florida room. That was my first visit to FL and I wasn't impressed! Yuk. Visits in later years when he moved to the Atlantic coast were more pleasurable tho.

Hang in there. The rain will end - sometime!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh my gosh, I hope it ends soon. So many of my FB friends are posting pictures of their homes flooding or trees that fell. One of my friends just posted a picture of a HUGE tree that fell between her house and her neighbors. They are very lucky.

send some up here, PLEASE!

Beeniesmom, would you mind sending some of that rain up north, say around Pittsburgh? We're in a near drought situation having almost gone through the eighth driest june on record. The grass is turning brown and for the next four days the temp will be above 90 degrees. Pittsburgh thoughts and prayers go to everyone in northeast Florida that they can get relief from all the rain and flooding.

We are having terrible floods too next door in British Columbia. The town of Sicamous (SICK-a-moose) is a total disaster too - houses washed away, streets and cars flooded with high water. A fellow I know who used to live there and works for the railroad posted some - what word? - amazingly horrible? - pictures on FB.

Prayers that you stay dry and safe and that all people and furkids are okay.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda