Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy 1st Gotcha Day, Emily and Bob

Happy 1st Gotcha Day, Emily and Bob

Y'all join me in wishing Emily and Bob a Happy First Gotcha Day and a 14th and 6th Birthdays for Emily and Bob. A little back story follow for those who don't remember my acquisition of the duo.

June 25th, 2011 Saturday at a yard sale. A woman was telling me how she needed to move on and had already put one cat on the porch. (She didn't want to turn them in to animal control.) I listened for a minute and had a weak moment and said I'll get the one outside. I went home and got two carriers. (I should have known.)

So I rescued Emily, the then 13 year old (my guess) calico, and Bob, the then 5 year old Bob-Tail (my guess - vet thinks older). I thought to adopt them out, but I never really tried and they needed much socialization before that could happen anyway.

Bob is so shy and he has turned into a little cuddlebug in the last year. He now plays with the kitties and sits where he wants. At first he wouldn't sit on cat furniture as if he didn't have the right. He loves the laser bug and his little tail just wags so fast and uncatlike when watching the laser. He is the most photogenic of all my cats.

Emily doesn't care for other cats but loves to cuddle with humans for about 30 seconds. Her only contact with humans had been to sleep on their heads at night. She gets lots of attention now whether she wants it or not, so the head nesting at night at basically stopped. Her only voice this year has been a raspy miaow that sounds like "Skeeeeww". Now that her hyperthyroidism is being treated, she occasionally lets out a little meow. Still has a fascination with laundry when she wants attention. No verifiable conclusions, but it seems tied to the hyperthyroidism. She also has her own tree that she claimed. It sits next to the feeding station in the kitchen. Only Jane gives her any challenge over the tree. She will sit on other trees. And she can boss Sam, who is 3 times her size. Her last weight was 6.4 pounds.

A lot of this is possible because Jane and Spunky are excellent kitty ambassadors and mentors.

So Emily is officially 14 and Bob officially 6. It's been a great first year, one of growth. I hope there will many more Gotcha Days for the both of you.

I forgot the extra treats yesterday, so today all get some baked fish in celebration for Sam, Emily, and Bob! Emily will love this as she is a food.

I you Emily and Bob.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Wow!!! Lots of celebrating at "Grumpy Gussie's" house in June. Happy Birthday and Gotcha Day to both Emily and Bob.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Hi Emily and Bob, Happy Gotcha Day and Happy Birthday to you two. It sure sounds as if you were lucky when you were adopted by your human. Hope you all have many more years together. Enjoy your extra treats!!

Happy Purrrrrrthdays and Gotcha Days to Emily and Bob, and happy celebrating and partying with your whole family today!

God Bless all. Another wonderful story of kitties coming home!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hi, Emily and Bob and all the kitties at Grumpy Gussie's! Happy First Gotcha Day to Bob and Emily! Please have mum give you a gentle pet or two from me to celebrate your special day !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Happy Gotcha Day and Purrthday to Emily and Bob! May you celebrate many more of both!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thank you for the Birthday and Gotcha wishes for Emily, Bob, and Sam.

I think I need to change my subtitle from Grumpy Gussie now that I am feeling better.

Fish tonight for the critters. Perhaps they'll forgive me for de-fleaing them!
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Happy Gotcha Day and Birthday to Emily and Bob!!!!
    I hope you're having a great day, enjoy your yummy fishy tonight

Love and kisses
    astrid

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post

I think I need to change my subtitle from Grumpy Gussie now that I am feeling better.
    Awwww - don't change it. It has a catchy ring to it, and it's quite original too. How about "Grumpy Gussie's Gone"????
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Awwww - don't change it. It has a catchy ring to it, and it's quite original too. How about "Grumpy Gussie's Gone"????
    Thanks. I think I was being too sensitive! It's not really original. I heard Grumpy Gus somewhere and adapted it. I used to only use it when I had a bad sinus headache or someone I knew was having a bad day. But, it seemed to be the course du jour this last year for me.

I'll think about it! It does have a ring to it! I seem to have a thing for G's anyway. My standard saying used to be "Growl, Grumble, and Gripe", when I had a bone to pick with someone.
    Anne

Happy Gotcha Day Emily and Bob!!!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Happy Gotcha Day Emily and Bob - time sure flies when life is good!!!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Happy 1st Gotcha Day, Emily and Bob!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Emily and Bob say "thank you". Emily and the rest enjoyed their Tilapia treat tonight, except for Jane, who does not partake of human food. Bob is adapting to some human food. Sam and Spunky love Tilapia. Calla Lily is enjoying the benefits of living here. Emily and Sam were being the noisiest about the cooking fish, and Spunky was being the nosiest. He was helping me out by sitting on the counter, being my royal taster.

I had what seems to be a mundane meal: broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot mix; and baked beans and franks. But since these were Gluten Free, they were a treat for me. One can only eat so much rice and baked chicken or steak and omelets. Even PB & J gets boring after a while. And I've had my fill of GF pizza.

Tomorrow night might be some more fish for the kitties since I might have some whiting and sweet potatoes. Spunky won't eat whiting, so I'll have to prepare some Tilapia for the critters at the same time.

SO are they SPOILED?

PS Emily came down from her throne today to greet my visitor, the cleaning girl. Both of us were surprised.
    Anne

Do you have any photos of Emily and Bob? And the rest of the Kwintet, for that matter!

I did a Search of General, but when I went to click on Bob's album, I got an "invalid link" message.

Happy Gotcha Day, Emily and Bob!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda