Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marvellous Mollie

Marvellous Mollie

Miss Mollie, you are one adorable girl!! How cute you are sitting up so beautifully, posing for your COTD pics.

I loved reading about your antics. Patting for attention - why, I know all about that as my Mimi does that every night while I try to sleep...

I'm so glad you now have your furrever home after twice in a rescue place. Bless you, sweetheart and thank you for brightening up my day with your lovely face and your story. Congrats on being our super special COTD, Mollie!

Angel, Puddy and Tinkerbell

Molly you are a supercat smart AND beautiful!! It must be quite a pawful for you living with Border Collies sweetie, however, it sounds like you've got it all under control.

Have a wonderful day celebrating today with lots of hugs and cuddles and treats. Congratulations on being Cat of the Day sweet Mollie.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Mollie, you just needed to find the right home, one that could appreciate your awesomeness. Molly, I'm not sure if you are the one being trained. Like Spunky who has trained me, I believe you have trained your purrents.

Ask for the extra treats and luvies that you so richly deserve.

Congratulations and enjoy your day as Cat of the Day!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

You can always tell a cat that is loved by their perky happy face. Mollie you are a gorgeous gal. I love your markings and your lovely eyes.

We here at PT all know that cats are smart. It is pretty cool that you know all of those tricks.

Enjoy your day pretty kitty girl.

Mollie

So glad to hear that third time is the charm to find a great home! You look like a kitty I had the pleasure of knowing for a short time a few years ago; she was cute also. Happy COTD

Wow, 20 tricks is very impressive . . . hope you are on Youtube showing off for the universe to admire! Wishing you a glorious COTD celebration with your loving family (human and canine) and a lifetime of happiness and joy, sweet Mollie!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Wet vs Dry Food

Well isn't Mollie a funny and very intelligent girl! There is a misconception (or misunderstanding) about dry food. My friends and I in rescue pass this around to anyone who adopts or has cats because many vets, for some reason, don't seem to be educating their customers as they should - maybe for fear of losing money...: (Besides the fact that dry food contributes greatly to obesity, renal failure, diabetes, etc. and cats usually don't drink enough unless as a result of already having organ problems).

From Cat Health Website:
    Food and Nutrition
    Wet and Dry Food
    In this and future articles, we're fortunate to have expert input from veterinarian Dr. Marcus Brown, co-founder of the Capital Cat Clinic in Arlington, Virginia, and scientific advisor to Alley Cat Allies, about cats and their food.

The Importance of Wet Food
    A mouse—wild cats' favorite prey—is analogous to today's "wet food." The portion of the animal that kitty's ancestors ate is 75 or 80 percent water, the same as what's in a can of modern cat food. Dr. Brown points out that it is through their food that cats in the wild get most of their moisture; cats are not naturally voracious drinkers. On a mostly dry food diet, a cat's thirst mechanism, the signal from her brain that says "you're thirsty, you need to drink," may not compel her to take in enough water to compensate for the
    lack of moisture in her diet. Among other risks, if kitty's body has insufficient water -— and since water dilutes and flushes out substances — solids such as crystals may more readily concentrate and turn into stones that produce pain or interfere with kitty's urinary system; if the stones are big enough
    they can prevent kitty from eliminating toxins, which is a life-threatening situation.
    Therefore Dr. Brown recommends daily wet food for cats. If for some reason your cat refuses to eat wet food, and you've tried different brands and varieties, consider buying a kitty water fountain. The moving water typically incentivizes cats to drink out of them. Perhaps this is because in nature, moving water is clean water; perhaps cats are just fascinated by the movement and the "there, yet not there" aspect of the water; perhaps the running water tastes fresher.

Teeth
    "But don't cats need to chew on dry food to clean their teeth?" you might be thinking. The idea is that as kitty chews, the abrasive action of the food scrapes away deposited matter that could lead to inflammation and erosion of the teeth and gums. But according to Dr. Brown, with the exception of specially formulated dental diets, studies have not shown any difference in dental health between cats on predominantly dry food diets and cats on predominantly wet food diets. For one thing, cats barely chew. When kitty grabs a piece of kibble with his teeth, he crunches maybe once or twice, then it's down the hatch. Humans' saliva contains an enzyme that breaks down food as we chew it, so our digestive process starts in the mouth. However, cats' saliva does not have this sort of enzyme, so they get far less benefit from chewing; from their digestive system's point of view, it makes sense to get that food out of the mouth and into the esophagus, so the cats' body can start the process of extracting nutrients from it.

Carbs
    Dr. Brown also notes that hard cat food tends to be higher in carbohydrates, which can be a bad thing for cats' dental health as well as general health. Compared to humans, cats have a low threshold for carbohydrates. Humans have enzymes that help them effectively handle diets with a high percentage of complex carbohydrates — the American Heart Association recommends that humans get 50-55 percent of their calories from carbohydrates (the "good" carbs, like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains), and in some healthy people's diets, that figure is as high as 80 percent. But carbohydrates in those amounts would overwhelm a cat. The primary source of carbohydrates for cats throughout their evolution has been the
    small amount of digested vegetable matter in the stomachs of their prey. Small carbohydrate-rich crumbs may break off from pieces of kibble, lodge between the teeth, and break down into starch and acid, thereby
    accelerating tooth and gum deterioration in cats.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Wow that is a lot of tricks Mollie!
    My Empress Josephine knows a few tricks, mostly how to sneak out the door sadly.
    That photo of you reaching up is quite a nice photo, it shows off your purrsonality.

You are such an engaging young Lady Cat , and one who would grace any home, and is so lucky to share her FurrEver Home with her equally fortunate family.

We are sending our Happy Cat MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWW To Our Newest Friend ^^ and Our Newest Darling Cat Of The Day Mischievous Mollie ^^.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Dear Mollie, what a sweet, cute, smart little kitty you are! And so talented and versatile too! We're so glad you've found the PURRRRFECT home and PURRRRRSON.

Please don't carry strings around in your mouth.. that could be very dangerous for you if you were to swallow one. We want you to stay healthy and happy!

Congratulations on being chosen Cat of the Day today! May you enjoy the day with lots of fun and love and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Good morning, Mollie! I see you are all dressed for business in your grey stripes and white-- what lovely kitty markings you have! And just the sweetest face too! I would not be able to refuse your requests. You are smart and beautiful! I enjoyed meeting you so much today, pretty Mollie! Happy Cat of the Day to you!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by AvaJoy View Post
    Wow, 20 tricks is very impressive . . . hope you are on Youtube showing off for the universe to admire! Wishing you a glorious COTD celebration with your loving family (human and canine) and a lifetime of happiness and joy, sweet Mollie!
    We now posted the video of her on YouTube! Go back to the homepage - we added it there!
    I've Been Frosted

Mollie what a gorgeous and talented girl you are!!!

I loved seeing your pictures and your video. My cats can't even claim to do one trick. It was fun seeing you and your young guardian together. You make a great team. I hope you are both enjoying your special day.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Cat of the Day to pretty and talented Mollie!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Precious Miss Molly

Hi Molly! Happy Cat of the Day to you!
    Is that you reaching for a hug? How precious is that! Did your young lady teach you that? I'm thinking loving just comes to you naturally! I can't imagine how anyone could surrender a kitty as beautiful, as "talkative, affectionate, playful, friendly, intelligent and brave" as you! But as they say, a lid for every pot, and it's for sure you're finally home to stay, and what a happy, love filled forever home it is! I have to say Molly, your video is most impressive! Talented, that you most certainly are!!! And what a wonderful team you and your young lady make! I'm thinking we just might one day be seeing you both on America's Got Talent! But your greatest talent of all is in your role as best friend and loving companion to your family. Nothing beats that!
    Thanks for brightening my day with your sweet, *sunshiny* self, Molly! I hope you're enjoying your well earned day on center stage, being loved and pampered to pieces...You deserve it...and more!
    Hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Miss Molly!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries

Mollie

Mollie is simply the very best! Beautiful, brilliant and sweet, so glad to see her as COTD! Hope the whole family has a great day, peace and love