Thread: Newbie!

Newbie!

Hello all. I'm Katherine and I am also (today's Pet of the Day) Sugar's mama! Along with Sugar, I have an assortment of pets.

Loki is our Green Cheek Conure, he's almost 2. I've had him not quite a year yet. I love him to pieced, he's my little Napoleon and I love it.
    Norbert is a special needs bearded dragon. The Vet isn't sure what exactly is wrong, whether he had a traumatic brain injury, was born this way or what. He was literally given to us by a local pet store because they knew us and knew we'd take good care of him. He also had Yellow Fungus when we first got him. Have any of you tried giving a Bearded Dragon oral medication? It's not fun, let me tell you!
    Onyx is a Boston Terrier, a little clown who turned 6 in February. We've had her since she was 8 weeks old and she's barely left my side since. She's my velcro dog and I love it!
    My daughter has a Russian Tortoise, Deemer, that was gifted to her from an acquaintance of mine when she moved across the country. We were told he was 4-5, but when we took him to the Vet, discovered he's actually over 12. Oops! He's hysterical too, when he had one of those half-long hideaways in his tank, he would climb on top of it, wait until he was sure someone was in the room, and then launch himself off of it! What tortoise does that? He also likes to have his head rubbed and, shockingly, enjoys "cuddling" (laying on top of someone and not moving for extended periods of time).

In 5 days, we're adding a Corn Snake to the mix. RB was my daughter's class pet last year, and we babysat her over the summer. The snake has gotten too large for the Kindergarteners to hold now, and so the teacher asked if we would be interested before she started looking elsewhere for a home. Of course we said yes! We didn't really want to give her back at the start of the school year

So that's the pet portion of our family! I guess I should mention that I have a wonderful husband who supports this menagerie and a daughter who thinks it's fantastic to have so many pets. We're also moving this summer, so hopefully we all come out of the journey unscathed! Thank you for reading, I look forward to getting to know all of you and your beautiful babies!

With that growing menagerie, you sound like you'll fit in well here! Welcome to Pet Talk!

I imagine medicating a bearded dragon is even worse than medicating a 3-4 pound unwilling bunny, which always took two adult humans, a towel, and much effort by everyone concerned.
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome to Pet Talk! I don't have a 'crew', just one Princess named Pinot who rules our roost.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of information and fun people to chat with here - glad to meet you!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Hi Katherine, welcome to Pet Talk!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana