could use some suggestions with this.
Athena has been just fine since she came home months ago; then about 3 weeks ago there was a fireworks display on the boardwalk we were walking on, and she flipped! But once home she's been fine. Then just this past week she has decided that our yard is a very scary place, and refuses to potty there, she just tucks her tail and tries to get back in the house. Any noise sets her off, none or our neighbors should mow their yards, also dogs barking at the end of the street, people talking inside their homes with windows open, evil man eating crickets!
If I walk/drag her to the community dog potty area she will pee or poop, but not both, and all she wants is back home.
I have tried treats, and taking her out with the other 2 dogs, none of it has worked.
I can say that she is not scared of the van and loves to go to the park, even thought all the same noises are there. But that is not an option for every time she needs to go potty.
Any idea how to get her over this. She is losing her house breaking because of it now.
I just got a Thundershirt, going to try this, but it doesn't seem to be helping much.