Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abby's Surgery Tomorrow

Abby's Surgery Tomorrow

It's time to have her back leg removed which is going to be done tomorrow. Allot of stuff going on with her that caused us to put her on medication to calm her nerves. Puddle drops of diarrhea have been accelerated in last couple months. Clean up on spots is taking it's toll on carpet. Our vet says this should stop and we will see a whole new kitty~!
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Good luck and best wishes from me and headbumps and purrayers from the kitty krew.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

She'll be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers and good wishes for Abby. I hope she heals quickly!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We are sending along prayers and good wishes and healing energies for Abby. May the surgery go well and she recover comfortably and become indeed a whole new kitty!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I sure hope surgery for Abby goes well and that she gets better soon. You're both in my prayers.
    Kay in NC

Update

Abby's surgery went well she is resting and waking up slowly I get to pick her up tomorrow afternoon. Poor thing had 3 places where she had injuries on the leg.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

So glad to hear all went well! 3 old injuries on the leg - poor Abby! I bet your vet was right about having a much happier and healthy girl after this.

Bet you can't wait to get her home.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Abby Is Home

WOW that incision is impressive. I saw it up close for first time when I took her out of the carrier at home. Took me back a moment then I had to get cleaning up Ms. Abby's tail that was full of poop from her doing business in carrier before we left office. Thank goodness for baby wipes! then I had to hose out the carrier. Ride home about gagged me LOL thank goodness it's only 1/2 mile to the house.

She seems to be doing really well getting around. Not sure it it would be different if it was a front leg or not.

Stitches come out in ten days.

I bet she'll do great when she recovers!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I bet she'll do great when she recovers!
    I can see a personality change for the better
    Also, she wants her head rubbed and held for more than 2 seconds!
    She's came down from upstairs and did the steps really well both up/down. Her adventure was to the kitchen. Thankfully, the dogs didnt hear me talking with her and come rushing into the room.
    Still having diarrhea spotting issues but so far NOT near as bad. We will see how tomorrow goes on the front.

Smokey (RB) had had her leg amputated in 1999 because of cancer. The day I took her in, I met two other purrents of pet amputees...isn't that strange? Anyway, she got around just fine. The stitches on the hip are definitely intimidating. Does she have to wear a "cone of shame"? I'm glad she's doing better.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    Smokey (RB) had had her leg amputated in 1999 because of cancer. The day I took her in, I met two other purrents of pet amputees...isn't that strange? Anyway, she got around just fine. The stitches on the hip are definitely intimidating. Does she have to wear a "cone of shame"? I'm glad she's doing better.
    No cone of shame. Bless her heart Abby has left the incision alone it's healing very nicely. It's amazing how she is getting around also glad where they shaved the hip area etc is starting to grow back.

Update 7/3/12

Abby is doing great! She runs and plays like any other kitty. Having 3 legs hasn't slowed her down a bit. Her appetite has come back too! I have Abby on EN can food which is helping her overall digestive system. I've started to add TOW kibble to her food. Hopefully in another month or two she will be on all kibble only.

Quote Originally Posted by Craftlady View Post
    Abby is doing great! She runs and plays like any other kitty. Having 3 legs hasn't slowed her down a bit. Her appetite has come back too! I have Abby on EN can food which is helping her overall digestive system. I've started to add TOW kibble to her food. Hopefully in another month or two she will be on all kibble only.
    Sounds great, so glad she is doing so much better! I guess she didn't need that leg any more than I needed my bothersome gall bladder!
    I've Been Frosted