Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey all (it's been awhile)

Hey all (it's been awhile)

Hey everyone! It's been a long time! Hopefully some of you remember me! I thought I would check in and say hi, and boy has pet talk changed a lot of things since the last time I have been on here! Miss hearing all of your guys stories and seeing your wonderful pups!

Thought I would do a update on my kids!
    Zoey- my old girl it still up and kicking. Her back has been getting worse and worse everyday, don't know how much longer she will be with me. (she has spondylosis, hip dysplcia, and was newly digsnoised with heart murmer) But she is happy as she can be. She just had her 9th birthday which is past the life expectations of a flat-coat!

Sage- Sage is doing faboulous! He just was in a dog show last weekend and got his 3rd and 4th leg to getting his Rally Advanced Excelent title (only 6 more legs to go) Happy and healthy as ever.

I moved out, and TJ is with my parents now, he's getting up there in age, he's 12 now with some bad arthritus. They ended up getting another pup who looks identical to TJ, named Coop. I'm living in a awesome pet friendly apartment with my pups and my fish. Would love to hear some updates from you guys!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoe.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	53687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	552767_10150784609865359_577575358_11864694_1737024004_n.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	53686
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Welcome back! Good to hear from you, and thanks for the updates on the pooches as well! No new pet for us right now, but we're kinda in an in-between situation, so it wouldn't be fair to a critter.
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome back, Bre! I remember you very well. I'm glad to hear that all your pups are okay for now. I always enjoyed seeing TJ and Zoey, and I think we only saw Sage for a little before you left. Glad to hear everything is going good for you though. I hope you can post more often. There are quite a few people who I am sure will remember you.

When you left, my username was probably still Maltese_love, though Sassy died back in 2008. I have a crazy pug/beagle mix who I got from someone when he was 2 years old. He's 4 now! His name's Mikey!

Hello there stranger . It is great to hear from the old PTers every now and then.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I remember you; I just came back from a ~3 year absence myself. And I remember you, too, Alysser (as Maltese_Love!). Nice to see some familiar faces still

facebook

Bre, my name buddy!

So good to see you posting on PT again. Also very good to hear updates about your crew!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I'm so glad to see some familiar 'faces' returning! I'm not here as often as I used to be, either, university is seeing to that. I'm just finishing my second year of veterinary medicine, with four years left until I qualify (all being well!).

Welcome back, Breanne and Jessika!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Welcome back to both of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z View Post
    I'm so glad to see some familiar 'faces' returning! I'm not here as often as I used to be, either, university is seeing to that. I'm just finishing my second year of veterinary medicine, with four years left until I qualify (all being well!).

Welcome back, Breanne and Jessika!
    I'm not surprised you're going to school to become a vet; from what I remember, it seems like something you've always wanted to do! I'm a technician myself, overworked and underpaid (but isn't that true with most jobs, eh?). I wish you all the best of luck, but I know you're going to be fantastic.

facebook

Jessika, it's really good to see you back too! I miss your posts and your gorgeous pictures of Jamie and Charlie!! Were you always a technician or is this more recent? Forgive me for not remembering much

I'd figure most of the old members would remember me as Maltese_love, but I couldn't deal with seeing that every time I posted after Sas died.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Jessika, it's really good to see you back too! I miss your posts and your gorgeous pictures of Jamie and Charlie!! Were you always a technician or is this more recent? Forgive me for not remembering much

I'd figure most of the old members would remember me as Maltese_love, but I couldn't deal with seeing that every time I posted after Sas died.
    I could understand that; I had to put my cat Sophie to sleep last Easter after congenital renal failure at 1 1/2 years old. I still miss her dearly

I've been a tech in the working field for about 3 years now, 4 1/2 with school; when I last posted here was right before I graduated

Sadly, I don't have Charlie or my two kitties (or my tortoise...) anymore. I'm divorced now and he unfortunately got most of the animals. I do still have Jamie, but I had to fight him to get her. I miss them so much but the situation as it is was better for all pets involved. I have 2 more kitties now and am living with my boyfriend of 1 1/2 years (he moved all the way from southern AL to St. Louis for me ).

facebook

Hello! I remember you and your pups. I have been sparse here as well the last few years.

Niño & Eliza

Welcome back! I hope to see some pics of your pups!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    I'm not surprised you're going to school to become a vet; from what I remember, it seems like something you've always wanted to do! I'm a technician myself, overworked and underpaid (but isn't that true with most jobs, eh?). I wish you all the best of luck, but I know you're going to be fantastic.
    Indeed it was always my dream, and thank you! It's a hard course with little free time, and I'm feeling it more and more as I get further into it. This term has been pretty hellish to say the least. 3rd year only gets worse, apparently!

I didn't know you were a vet tech. There are quite a few people on the boards now who are working/training in the veterinary field. I anticipate a Pet Talk practice being opened at some point!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Lots of familiar faces in this thread! Glad to see you all around!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08