Thread: Helping koalas in Australia

Helping koalas in Australia

I read this article in the May 2012 issue of National Geographic magazine. I got the impression that koalas in Australia are kind of like the white-tailed deer around here in the Chicago suburbs (or even the coyotes), more and more houses being built in what used to be rural areas, they're being crowded out of their habitats. Here is an article about people trying to save koalas. I didn't know that they will claim a tree as "theirs" and return to it, even if they must cross a busy street to get to it. I like to think that God was having a good time when he was creating Australia... "Okay, kangaroos! Wallabies! Koalas! Rainbow lorikeets! This is good!" i hope the rescue efforts are very successful.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...e/jenkins-text
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hopefully easy can be found to help them, they are such an important animal in Australia!
    I've Been Frosted