Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sydney the Tuxedo Kitty!

Hi Sydney and Happy Cat of the Day to you!! Loved your story and I'm so happy that everything worked out so well for you and Mom. You always knew where home was didn't you? It just took some finessing to get the logistics sorted out.. Well done!!

You take care now and make sure mom gives you extra treats and hugs today.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Sweet Sydney

Yet more proof that our cats choose us isn't it. Smart Sydney. And as a volunteer for cat rescues, why oh why can't people listen to us when we tell them to let their newly adopted kitty come to them! So many people want it all and want it now - it doesn't work that way with cats, especially when no one knows what events have taken place in their lives beforehand to make them leery of us humans. Just as well since they didn't deserve to have this special kitty call them pawrents anyway!

My Angel Beyli had kidney failure and it took me 3 vets to get proper (helpful) information. Too many just tell us to throw in the towel instead of giving us options. Besides learning extremely important stuff on www.felinecrf.org and their mailing list, my good vet said no more dry food (CRF cats need as much moisture as possible, even if getting sub Qs - besides dry food is hard on the teeth too and contributes to the bacteria in the gums and worsens kidneys), never unflushable clumping litter (most contain sodium bentonite) (kidney failure or not - luckily I never used the stuff in the first place), raise the food bowl to lower acid forming in throat which can cause vomiting and contribute to dehydration (already an issue) -I put my cat's bowls on those containers used for baby wipes - purrfect height. Beyli was with me for 8 years with CRF and I know if I hadn't found this vet I know I would have lost him earlier.

Long live Sydney and bless his meowmie!
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Sidney

This boy wins the championship for the longest whiskers I have ever seen
    amdla

Sydney, I thought you were a PT kitty and I enjoyed reading your story. You sure are a handsome boy and you picked the right home for yourself. PT homes are the very best. Congrats on being COTD today!!!

Congrats on being COTD Sydney!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

oh my what a handsome boy you are indeed, and i loved reading the story of how you found your forever home, and so glad you did, you have obviously had a wonderful life and brought much pleasure to your owners, i am sorry to read you have health issues, but you are in great hands, long may you continue to enjoy your great life with your family..
    CONGRATULATIONS on being PET OF THE DAY, you and your owners must be oozing with pride.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thank you so much, everyone, for all your nice comments and responses to Sydney's selection as Cat of the Day! He and I are enjoying reading them so much!

Yes, he knew what he was doing when he got those "adopters" to decide not to keep him! Smart boy. He was just a tiny kitten then, too. And we'd specifically told those people he was shy and timid and to let him do things at his own pace. He put them to the test, and they flunked, fortunately for him and me and Pet Talk!

Thanks again!

Love from all of us
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by catlover11 View Post
    Yet more proof that our cats choose us isn't it. Smart Sydney. And as a volunteer for cat rescues, why oh why can't people listen to us when we tell them to let their newly adopted kitty come to them! So many people want it all and want it now - it doesn't work that way with cats, especially when no one knows what events have taken place in their lives beforehand to make them leery of us humans. Just as well since they didn't deserve to have this special kitty call them pawrents anyway!

My Angel Beyli had kidney failure and it took me 3 vets to get proper (helpful) information. Too many just tell us to throw in the towel instead of giving us options. Besides learning extremely important stuff on www.felinecrf.org and their mailing list, my good vet said no more dry food (CRF cats need as much moisture as possible, even if getting sub Qs - besides dry food is hard on the teeth too and contributes to the bacteria in the gums and worsens kidneys), never unflushable clumping litter (most contain sodium bentonite) (kidney failure or not - luckily I never used the stuff in the first place), raise the food bowl to lower acid forming in throat which can cause vomiting and contribute to dehydration (already an issue) -I put my cat's bowls on those containers used for baby wipes - purrfect height. Beyli was with me for 8 years with CRF and I know if I hadn't found this vet I know I would have lost him earlier.

Long live Sydney and bless his meowmie!
    I've been giving Sydney and my other kidney-challenged cats wet food for a long time, for just that reason. We use World's Best Cat Litter, made out of corn kernels.. it clumps but not with that nasty stuff.

Good idea about raising the food bowls.. and I will look into the baby-wipes containers.

Thanks for the web site, which looks full of all kinds of valuable and useful information. And thanks all the good words and suggestions for Sydney!

Syd and Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinxsmomma View Post
    Happy Cat of the Day to you, Mr. Sydney. You are a very gorgeous boy. I had a black,long haired girl named Sidney for many years. She was a pregnant rescue, so we also got three beautiful furbaby boys shortly after we found her. For your kidney problems, your Momma needs to go to www.petwellbeing.com and check out a supplement called "Tripsy". It is for kidney problems, and it has MANY great/successful reviews. I give it to some of my older cats for prevention. It is very easy to use. Just put a few drops on their food. Please check into it. God Bless you both, and I hope you have many more happy years together.
    Sydney's kidneys are pretty much shot at this point. Do you think the Tripsy might do him any good? I don't think kidneys can get any better.. all you can do is slow down the progress of the disease.

I have three other cats (Bob, Lavinia, and Poppaea) who also are somewhat kidney-challenged. Might this be helpful for them?

Thanks for the nice comments for Sydney! And I hope we have many more happy years together too.

Pat and Syd
    Death thought about it.

OM gosh I did not realise it was you PAT, how wonderful, i loved reading the story of how you adopted him, again many congratulations to you and a deserving Sydney....
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Litterati View Post
    A beautiful tuxie with an equally beautiful story! Tuxies are elegance personified, although I tell my silver-grey Dorry that he is wearing a "grey flannel suit" all business this one - eating, sleeping, playing, trying to outsmart me, succeeding BTW, the part about living in one of H.P. Lovecraft's former abodes (any strange aura there?) he also had a cat, Felis Anyway, show off your stuff, Sydney as our COTD star!
    Here's the place that H.P. and I shared.. http://www.hplovecraft.com/creation/...sp?id=598angel . Sydney and the other cats and I lived on the top floor, with all the dormer windows.

I didn't feel H.P.'s presence, but it was probably there, just more subtle than I could pick up on. (I bet Sydney felt him there and communicated with him AND Felis, though.)

H.P.'s grave is in the Swan Point Cemetery, not far from where I (we) lived (http://www.hplovecraft.com/creation/...sp?id=hplgrave). When I visited, there was a little toy lizard on it. The gravestone often finds various toy (and live?) creatures and aliens parked on it.

Thank you for all the nice things you say about Sydney! He certainly is beautiful, in both appearance and spirit.
    Death thought about it.

Sydney

What a great kitty! I love his handsome tuxedo and big white whiskers. Congratulations on being Cat of the Day today!

~K.

Congratulations to Sydney the handsome tuxedo Cat of the Day!
    At first I didn't realize he was one of our Pet Talk kitties until I saw the photo of him with one of Gary's special Canadian catnip mice.
    You really need to post more photos of your cats, I loved hearing about how he chose to be in a Pet Talk home and decided that was where he was going to stay.
    Please give him some hugs and kisses from me.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

concats, sydney!

i'm just so happy you were able to get it through your mom's human head that you WERE his home..... knowing you, tho, pat, i'm surprised it took him so long! great story--i didn't know you'd lived in cambridge! and especially not that you'd shared such a mysterious dwelling place. sounds like the two of you have had many, many adventures together, and will, hopefully, continue to do so, kidney disease or not.

Spay/Neuter Your Neighbors! It Can't Hurt....

MC
    Special-Needs Coordinator, Purebred Cat Breed Rescue (www.purebredcats.org)
    Team Member, SCAT (Special-Cat Action Team, too busy to do a website yet!)

Hey, thanks, MaryChristine, nice to see you here! I was new to cat caretaking at that time, is the only excuse I have for how long it took for Sydney to get through to me. Yes, he and I have been through many different adventures together. His kidneys are pretty shot at this point, but I hope he'll be with me for quite a while longer!
    Death thought about it.