Thread: Our dog is suddenly afraid to go out or to got for walk

Our dog is suddenly afraid to go out or to got for walk

Our toy male toy fox terrier is suddenly afraid to go out side, we have had him and his sister since they 8 weeks old they are now 8 years old. As of 5 days ago he is afraid to go out for a walk he will go out to do his business but runs right back in. Normally he is rather out going and friendly. We packing to move in 2 weeks to a new house for us could be the packing has him spooked never seen him like this before very sad to see him this way

Thanks
    TFT dad

It could be any number of things. It might be worth it to make a trip to the vet, as he is getting older, and if he suddenly has trouble seeing or is in discomfort, that could lead to behavioral changes. Once that is ruled out, you can take him our for walks on a leash to get him reaccustomed to life outside.
    I've Been Frosted

Will schedule a vet visit

Thanks for the info asI have noticed that often is lower back is exceptionally warm have no idea what would cause that, something new

Could be many things, but it undoubtedly hurts, poor guy! Glad he'll be seeing the vet. JRT's who love to jump often develop back trouble if they land wrong. do let us know the verdict - and give him a kiss from me, okay? And one to his sites so she won't be jealous!
    I've Been Frosted

I got a message from TFT-dad:

"Update , had a visit to the vet, was diagnosed with a intestinal virus, a change in diet and medication. He is improved but still somewhat reserved but getting back to his normal self "
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I got a message from TFT-dad:

"Update , had a visit to the vet, was diagnosed with a intestinal virus, a change in diet and medication. He is improved but still somewhat reserved but getting back to his normal self "
    That is so heart breaking, but still glad he getting better. Hoping for his faster recovery. Where could he possible got virus?
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. ~Edward Hoagland

2.5 years old dachshund Dan