Thread: Speaking of family issues...

Hybrid View

Speaking of family issues...

My son is clueless. Technically he is my step son but I don't think of him that way. I am well aware he thinks of me only as his dad's wife. I hold no grudge towards him for that and hope one day he realizes I was his biggest cheerleader. He held out belief that his absent mom was the best thing in the world and she prooved him wrong when she pulled some stuff this past year. He now calls her by her first name and has pure only anger towards her.

Well, on Mother's Day, he posted on his Facebook page a "Happy Mother's Day" post that listed all the amazing mom's he had in his life.... listing his own mom, grandmom, aunt, etc. And left me out. I didn't care one bit but it HURT my husband. He's still deeply hurt days later. They haven't spoken since hubby hung up on him Sunday morning. Its odd not hearing his phone beep with a text from "the boy" every ten minutes or ring with the hourly call to say, "did you see that _______ (fill in the blank on any given sports moment)?"

Personally, I hold no illusions as to how he or Ashley feel about me. If I get simmering resent as opposed to ranging anger from Ash, I consider it a good day The youngest is the one who let me into her heart and I would be soooooo very hurt if she posted what her brother posted. But I simply don't care what he said. It actually surprises me how much it DOESN'T bother me. I would think it would have hurt even a little. Nope. Not a blip on the radar. I simply don't care. I was pushed away too many times from him and Ashley to know to expect anything else.

But I am sad at how its hit hubby. He keeps bringing it up and I keep telling him I'm not hurt. I don't know how to convince him it is ok and to let it go.

Hey Kim,

I read your post a couple of times. I know you SAY it doesn't bother you one iota. But deep down inside I think it does (maybe just a little bit???). If it bothers Grant so much, why doesn't he talk to him. At least get it out in the open.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

He is actually trying to hurt you by doing that on FB so he does care.....
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I would tell Grant that it honestly does not bother YOU, but as it bothers him, he should talk to his son. I am glad you are mature enough of a person to see past this childish behavior on your step-son;s part. Some day he'll realize you are important to m=him, it just hasn't happened yet. And as the "bad" stuff with his actual mother just happened tin the past year, he's likely still smarting from that, and has to work through his feeling about that before moving on.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Hey Kim,

I read your post a couple of times. I know you SAY it doesn't bother you one iota. But deep down inside I think it does (maybe just a little bit???). If it bothers Grant so much, why doesn't he talk to him. At least get it out in the open.
    Donna, actually I'm more concerned about my lack of caring! Have I really turned that cold? Or have I finally come to terms with reality?

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper View Post
    Donna, actually I'm more concerned about my lack of caring! Have I really turned that cold? Or have I finally come to terms with reality?
    You're not cold, just mature enough to not let such immature slights bother you! Congratulations for being the grown-up in the group!
    I've Been Frosted

What Karen said!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!