Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnificent Natasha

Magnificent Natasha

Natasha, you are just magnificent. It is just unimaginable that you were actually dumped, not once, but twice on the doorstep of the shelter at night. One cannot even try to imagine the trauma you went through.

But now you are in your furrever home and are healing your owner's loss of Sasha and Radka - heart wrenching stories for both. When we lose a beloved cat we lose a piece of our heart forever.

Natasha, you have a wonderful demeanour and such intelligence that shines through your beautiful eyes. I am so glad that you are in the right place at the right time and now we can share in your story - and tell you how much we love your story and photo. What a truly worthy COTD you are and I think you are COTD EVERY DAY to your loving owner! I only wish I could visit and give you a cuddle, you darling girl.

Angel, Puddy and Tinkerbell

A word of explanation

Feline Rescue is an exemplary no-kill shelter and refuge. It is fairly large, and cats have their own suites; a few have their own rooms. No cat is turned away so long as there is accommodation; and there are on-site veterinarian services. There are a few ancient and senile cats roamiing around the shelter and they will be catered for for the duration of their natural lives. Many of the cats in residence have the freedom of the premises and are not locked into cages at night. Feline Rescue is an all volunteer organisation, from the top down. FELV and FIV positive cats have their own special accommodation.

Those intending to adopt from this organisation are very thoroughly vetted. There is a clause in the adoption contract stipulatilng that if a cat is given up subsequent to adoption, that cat MUST be returned to Feline Rescue. It seems that whoever took in Natasha had a change of mind/heart and in cowardly manner, dumped her in winter on the shelter doorstep. But they DID return the cat, at least. I have been unable to determine why she was returned. Fortunately, I am quite used to cats and their various behaviours. I have never lived with a cat who did not seem eager to please. I attribute this to a similar disposition in me. When Natasha first come to live with me, she had an unpredictable habit of giving rather vigorous "love bites" to ones arm. Usualy she would grab ones arm with both paws. Her teeth are sharp. But she had never really chomped down. One had got to recognise when she was vexed and leave her be. Not yet a lap cat, Natasha seeks affection on her own time, and this makes it all the more delightful. I have little doubt that she will continue to gain confidence in this respect. I have no programme for her, and if she does become a lap cat, fine; and if she does not, who am I to demand that she conform to my notions? As it is, she is very affectionate, especially when gazing down at me from atop the crt monitor.

Be all of this speculation as it may be, the shelter folks do not know why Natasha was twice returned.
    Perhaps young children were involved and the parents timorous? Bottom line: Natasha is here for keeps, and I am delighted with her.

I have written this because I feared that my comments regarding her rough start may have seemed to have impugned the shelter. This shelter is magnificent and inspiring.

Third time's the charm!

Natasha is a beauty, and for sure not all cats are the "typical" lap cats, each has a purrsonality of their own, as I am gradually coming round to understand and appreciate with my own four-footed roommate, who is very different from my first cat whom I had for 13 years until he passed. We seem to be on a two-year learning curve and counting, but this is his forever home now. 'Nuff said and congrats to you and this wonderful shelter for providing Natasha with the very best!

Natasha

Thank you for explaining the shelter to us; I volunteer for Our Companions Animal Sanctuary in Ashford, CT, which is being built currently, and they hold the same no kill philosophy. They will take in all companion animals that need a place to stay and are not adoptable for a variety of reasons, adopt out all adoptable animals, or better yet, try to find ways to keep them in their current homes.

That being said, it's SO nice to see how much you love Natasha; even peering around the tail to watch tv instead of removing the cat! You are a true devotee to cats, as am I. (if my cat is resting on me, I won't even get the phone since it will disrupt "my boy"). I wish you tons of time yet with Natasha, and am so glad to hear that she FINALLY got a forever home with you. Bless you.

Darling Natasha, what a beautiful Wegie girl you are! And so much loved in your furrever home, as you should be. Congratulations on being today's Cat of the Day!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Our Dad tells us that a lot of people have their priorities all wrong!!
    They love their silly electronic gadgets which are made by machine rather than their Pet Companions who will love them and are made by Our All Mighty Lord God above.

Our Dad loves us and we know that your family does as well Natasha and that it is a shame that you went through that stress of being dumped twice , but now things are all right as you have you family and your Furr Ever Home!!!

We Found Hotel Nine Ctas are sending you our lost now found Cat MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWS ToOur Newest Friend ^^ and Our Newest Gentle Giantess Nifty Natasha ^^.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Good morning, gorgeous Natasha! I enjoyed meeting you today! You are orange, intelligent and beautiful! I love your full coat and your super-fluffy tail that your person graciously looks around when it is time for computer work And you are one of PT's own, too! Could you please have your person give you some enormous hugs and snuggles for me , Natasha!

p.s., my cat Cassie was adopted from Harmony House for Cats, which is a no-kill shelter with a similar arrangement to Feline Rescue. Their goal is to find homes for kitties in their care, but no kitty is turned away unless there is absolutely no room available. I did go through a background screening before adopting, which I would do again if they required it.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 05-14-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries

Natasha

Natasha is so beautiful, just like an empress! So glad she is part of your family now,it sounds like you are perfectly suited for one another! I am pretty afraid of vets now though So sorry for your great loss as well Natasha is a magnificent COTD, peace and love

Natasha

You are a beautiful girl and from reading your story have found a beautiful home

Some people just cant get a feel for a cat and lump them into one catagory of them always wanting to be pet-i rescued 4 kittens at 2 weeks old bottled fed them etc, we kept two and adopted two out to great homes, the ones i kept are brothers but one will stand up for me to pick him up and carry him around like a baby( of course he is the heavier one lol)-the other likes to be more independant and if he lets you pet him we know its not going to be for long because he gets aggitated and we stop,but we love them both equally.

So sorry to hear Natasha was dumped but thankfully she was returned unhurt and you have her now

have a great cotd!

Natasha what a gorgeous girl you are!!!

Sorry it took you so long to find your purrfect home but you finally made it. Sometimes we all take detours on our way to where we are going. You have a loving human to share your life with now and that's what counts. I hope you both are enjoying your special day to the fullest.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natasha you truly are magnificent - a most beautiful Norwegian with a personality to match. How fortunate that your mom found you and brought you to a wonderful home.

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day - you truly are inspiring.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Blog Entries

natasha

dear natasha, you are the great and wonderful kitty of cat land and love and hugs and kisses to as cotd.. may you live a long time with your family that really loves you and see to your every need want and desire.. i love you dear sweet natasha as one of my onw kitties and as i love all kitties.. peace be onto you forever.. pat 20120514.1314

Your story is so heartwarming, Natasha. To think that you had to go through 2 owners that didn't want you to finally find your perfect home! Enjoy your day, beautiful Natasha.

Exqusite Natasha~

Greetings gorgeous Natasha, and a very happy Cat of the Day to you, sweetheart.
    I'm 1/2 Norwegian (mother) so I can say with authority, they don't come any more beautiful than a "Norwegian!"

It's unimaginable, thinking a kitty as beautiful as you, beautiful in body and in heart, could find herself twice surrendered, unceremoniously left on the steps of a shelter. But blessedly you found your way to the best shelter imaginable, filled with caring and compassionate, dedicated kitty caregivers, and before long, into the loving arms of your forever mommy! As is so often the case, our rescues save us as much as we do them, and so it is with you and your mom, Natasha. My heart breaks for her loss, having to say goodbye to both Sasha and Radka in so short a time; the pain was no doubt unbearable. But I know that in you she has an endless source of comfort and healing, of joy and laughter; a best friend for life, and what a priceless gift that is!

Great thanks to your mommy for sharing your very special, most inspirational story with us all, sweetheart. You're a treasure, and so very deserving of the title Cat of the Day...every day! Wishing for you and your mommy, a very happy day of celebration, and many, many more wonderful years of shared loved and devoted companionship!

Love and hugs to you, beautiful Natasha!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Well, I guess you can say that the other " homes " were not the ONE for this lovely cat!!! Now, Natasha has found her FOREVER home, and will be love forever!!! HAPPY COTD!!!!
    Nine is Fine!!