Thread: The Adventures of Spook: Dryer Delight

The Adventures of Spook: Dryer Delight

Black cats + darkness = slight misunderstandings

So I was doing the laundry using the light from the bathroom because the switch for the laundry room is a PITA to get to. I grabbed a dark wad of "clothes" out of the dryer and to my surprise, the laundry let out a rather disgruntled meow.

I apologized profusely and got a very nice head bump and purr in return. I think all is forgiven.

She even let me take a picture:

Name:  1535664_10151979476318143_1799439781_n.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  113.3 KB

Good gracious, Spook! We are glad neither you or momma got hurt! Kitties need to understand we humans cannot see as well in the dark as you can, it just is the way we are made! We do, however have thumbs and the ability to not only purchase cat food, but open it for you!
    I've Been Frosted

Ow, did she go through a cycle? I'm not sure, from what you wrote!

Spook, glad you spoke up!

Thankfully, Spook is only attracted to the dryer when there is warm laundry in it although I do like to make sure she isn't in there before I run it just in case. I tend to just leave my dry clothes in the dryer (a habit I picked up trying to prevent cat hair on all my clothes ). The unit is one of those stack jobs with the dryer on top and I didn't think she'd be able to get up there, much less do it silently, so it was a bit of a shock when I first figured out she'd gotten in there. She listens to directions (and food) so all was right with the world as soon as I filled her dish and gave her a few scritches.

Edit to add: She IS a good sport about letting me know if the clothes aren't quite dry. I have to run the dryer twice (if not 3 times for some stuff) and if the clothes aren't 100% dry or warm, she's no where near them. Good kitty, lol.

I figured she must not have been in there during the cycle - there's not a kitty I know who would willing get in there with wet clothes - the moment paws touched yucky wet stuff - no kitty inside! But nice toasty warm clothes obviously need a coating of cat hair, right?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    But nice toasty warm clothes obviously need a coating of cat hair, right?
    Mine seem to think that, yes.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I'm convinced both cats in my house are collaborating on hair coverage. Spook gets all the light colored clothes and Isis covers the darks.