Thread: Hello, Lucas!

Hello, Lucas!

Hi, Lucas! I think you're a very international greyhound since you came from Spain, you now live in Canada and you were on a Greyhound Web site of Holland. You are a very handsome guy! How wonderful that you were rescued and now have a new home with lots of playmates! You are learning all kinds of new skills, too. I hope you have a wonderful day as Dog of the Day! Please have your people give you some petting and hugs for me. I've learned so much about greyhounds from PT! Happy Dog of the Day, Lucas!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sweet Lucas!

Greetings Lucas! A very happy Dog of the Day to you, beautiful boy!
    You're pulling the strings of my Grey/Galgo loving heart, Lucas, not only with your big, soulful brown eyes, that sweet expression, but with your back story and utterly precious pics as well! Wow, what an incredible journey, what an adventure it was, traveling all the way from Italy to your new home in Canada accompanied by your forever family! It breaks my heart knowing that so many Greys end up in rescue. But it's even more heart wrenching to think you were "left behind," winding up in a shelter! But with the help of your beloved predecessor Jamey (a Dog of the Day alumnus himself...Sept. 20th 2002) guiding your parents to you, it wouldn't be long before those sad days were but a distant memory!

What a wonderful, devoted and loving forever family you found your way to, sweetheart, and I hope for you and parents and your 4 Grey/Galgo sibs, many, many more happy, carefree, love filled years together! They are truly blessed, having a sweet and gentle soul such as you in their lives!
    Thanks to your Mom/Dad for sharing your very inspirational story with us, Lucas! Enjoy your well earned day of honor, celebrating to the max with your pup pals and parents!
    Lots and lots of love and hugs to you, precious Lucas!
    P.S...To the parents of Jamey. I'm so sorry to learn of his passing. What a beautiful boy he was, and for certain his brother in spirit Lucas, will do one terrific job carrying on his legacy!)

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Wow Lucas - that's quite a story of how you ended up in Canada - quite a long trip across the "Big Pond". It sounds like you have quite a family, both 2 and 4-legged, and lots of fun and adventures awaiting you in your new home. And forgive me if I say so - but you sure don't look very little to me. My oh my - look at those long legs. I'll be you can run like the wind with those, can't you?

Congratulations on being selected as PT's very special DOTD today, handsome boy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Lovely Lucas!

What a beautiful boy you are, Lucas! I'm so happy that you are in your loving forever home, with other awesome greyhounds!
    Enjoy your DOTD status!

You're a very handsome boy Lucas! It looks like you're enjoying the snow! Congrats on being DOTD!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Blog Entries

Lucas

Awww! Lucas is the very best of the best,it's no wonder you adore him, so glad he is well loved and in a wonderful home now Hope ya had the very best day, Lucas is a fabulous DOTD! Peace and love from British Columbia

Thanks!

Hello from Lucas! I am his Mom, and he was honored to be DOTD today! Thanks for everyone's kind comments. He had a fun time playing outside with his doggie siblings today. He's sleeping on the couch right now, he's so tired. He's adjusting well to his new life. One month ago today (April 12) he left Spain starting his journey to his new life. He's a happy little guy now!