Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Chestnut, please

I am so sorry And it reminds me of Tigris
    Sending all my best thoughts.

Chestnut is definitely in my thoughts and prayers. He may be telling you something, Sandie.

Love and hugs from

Everyone here in CT

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Prayers for Chestnut and your family.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you for the postings. Chestnut made it through the night. I hope - and pray - he is not suffering; he is clearly not a happy cat and not feeling well at all. Don't know how I am going to get him to survive 9 more days.

I alternate being teary, and angry at the vet staff for having let him scratch someone so I am now facing this potential horror if he passes in less than the 10 days.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm confused!!! If he is an inside only cat, how is it possible that he could potentially have rabies? How or what could he have come in contact with in the first place, to get it. Doesn't make sense to me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Come on, baby Chestnut. One day at a time, stay with your mom as long as you can. If you have to go to the Bridge, then she can at least have a special place at home for you.

Hugs! I pray he rallies a bit, if only to feel more comfortable.

Might the vet allow a bit of prednisone to take down the swelling and perhaps boost his appetite?

Prayers and good thoughts for Chestnut.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Candace, we are waiting for the lab report on the blood work before adding a steroid or anything else med wise. If it is this, prednisone would help; if it is that, it wouldn't help. Can't remember what all the possibilities are just now.

Ellie, I do understand that vets can't take the risk of an owner 'saying' a pet is indoor only, when in fact is in and out, or escaped recently. I do NOT understand why this is an issue when his vaccine is up to date and has been all his 14 years. Same vet, seen him since I got him as a one pound baby, never been a gap in his rabies coverage.

Oh Sandie, I'm so very sorry to hear about Chestnut's problems. It's just not fair... you have been through so much lately. I so hope he will pull through this.

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts to Chestnut and to you.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thinking of You

Thinking of you Sandie,you have been through enough with Sugar and Marlin now Chestnut,you hang in there.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

I am sending up good thoughts for both Chestnut and your family. You have been through so much lately, life just isn't fair sometimes!!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Breaks my heart! It's true, life can be so unfair sometimes! I will keep you and Chestnut in my thoughts! ((HUGS))

Please know that many prayers are being prayed for Chestnut and [[[[[HUGS]]]]] are being sent for you.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Lots of prayers, healing thoughts and love to all of you Sandie
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Ellie, I do understand that vets can't take the risk of an owner 'saying' a pet is indoor only, when in fact is in and out, or escaped recently. I do NOT understand why this is an issue when his vaccine is up to date and has been all his 14 years. Same vet, seen him since I got him as a one pound baby, never been a gap in his rabies coverage.
    I don't understand your vets way of thinking in this case either. What good is it to keep your cats vaccines up to date if they may then have to undergo a rabies exam if they scratch or bite someone. I know that when my RB Starr bit me, he was also up to date on his rabies shot. I did go to the doctor and I was put on antibiotics. I explained to the doctor that he was current with all of his vaccines. She just told me to call my vet to explain what happened just in case this had to be reported. My vets assured me that everything would be fine and it was because nothing was reported.

Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both of you. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Well now I'm even more confused!!! If Chestnut had his rabies vaccine and it's current, then there shouldn't be any issue at all. Not telling you what to do, but I would certainly be making some phone calls and checking with the state about this. Hopefully it won't come down to a push/shove issue. I would also insist that anyone handling any of your cats in the future, that they wear protective gloves.

Still sending lots of prayers out to Chestnut and all of your family.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~