Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sydney's not doing well

Sydney's not doing well

My Sydney is not doing well. His kidney disease is pretty far gone at this point. He still likes to eat and wants affection, so I'm doing my best to keep him supplied with both.

Please send along prayers and lovies for him. Thank you.

Love from Pat and Sydney and the gang
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Sidney and you.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Sending you both good thoughts and a big HUG!!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Aw, give Sydney lots of cuddles, then add one more from me!

My Vita had this; when I finally made the decision and took her in, my vet scolded me that I'd waited about 2 weeks too long; poor Vita, I still feel badly about that. So just pay attention, and love him lots.

Oh Pat, I'm so sorry to hear this. Glad to hear he is eating, though.

I hope Sydney and you will have some quality time together and he won't be in pain. Give him lots of loving, and kisses from me, too.

Sending lots of positive thoughts to Sydney and hugs to you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hugs and kisses to Sydney - yes if he loves food and being loved, he deserves all he can. Is he still getting fluids ie under the skin?

Wishing you and Sydney many more days of love.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hang in there, Sydney. My Pink Nose is in the same boat; he's losing weight quite rapidly, but is still a smooch and eats well.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I am so sorry. I just posted in another thread about going through this with my Taz. Three years later and it still makes me cry. Even to hear of others going through the same thing makes my eyes wet.

Hugs to you and Sydney.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thank you so much, dear friends, for the ideas and prayers and good wishes and love. Yes, Sydney is getting subQ fluids, twice a day now. He eats little bits of food at a time but he wants some often! I've been giving him different samples for him to see which ones he likes best.

A couple of weeks ago he suddenly lost a LOT of weight, and I was afraid that was it. But he has rallied some, is more active and interested in food again. He also likes attention and affection. So I am doing my best to keep him supplied with all, and we're treasuring this time together.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I'm really sorry, Pat, that you are this stage of Sydney's life. I've been through this several times and know that sinking feeling when there is absolutely nothing more you can do except be there and offer supportive care. I suppose you have checked to make sure he isn't anemic? Does he have mouth sores? I hate it when they develop those. Yes, treasure each moment. My Sam has been in CRF for nearly three years and I've often given up hours when I should have been doing housework on weekends, or getting to sleep on weekdays, because she is under my knees under the blankets enjoying a massage from me and I want every one of those times to remember.

i am so sorry that Sydney's kiney failurevis getting worse. However it's good news that he likes to eat . At this stage he can eat whatever he wants. I hope he has still some quality time for him to come.

Pat, I'm sorry you are going through this; please give Sydney a big kiss from here and hugs to you both.

http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Big prayers for Sydney
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks again, everyone. He's not anemic, no mouth sores that I can tell, fortunately. He had blood work last Monday, and nothing like that came up.

One of his favorite foods is Trader Joe's Turkey and Giblets wet food. I always have lots of that around. I also got some of the gourmet high-quality yummies, some of which he seems to like a lot, so I'll get more of those. I'm going to pick up some baby food too.

All lovies, kissies, hugs, good wishes, positive thoughts, prayers, cuddles, and so on, have been happily delivered and happily received!

Sydney and his family
    Death thought about it.

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Sydney's way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))