Thread: Blackie Has Gone To Rainbow Bridge

Hybrid View

Blackie Has Gone To Rainbow Bridge

Blackie had not much of an appetite for the last couple of weeks. He stopped eating
    altogether Sunday. He would drink some water, but no solids. He was getting weaker
    and started to hide under a overstuffed rocking chair in the living room.

I took him in to see the Vet today and she said he was shutting down. He had lost another
    2 1/2 lbs since a month ago. Blackie was put to sleep & went peacefully with his head
    cradled in my arm. I whispered to him to go find Redbud. I'm sure he is waiting just over
    the bridge.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh dear, 2.5 pounds in one month is quite a bit, poor kitty. You made the right decision, hard as it was -- and I'm sure it was. I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you. RIP Blackie, go find Redbud!

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lizbud.

RIP Beautiful Blackie. You were loved by a LOT of people here on PT. Give my beloved MooShoo a smooch from his mama.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Rest in peace, dear boy, all pain and suffering is over.

Liz, we'll be thinking of you.
    I've Been Frosted

I wanted to add a few pictures of my sweetie, but right now my brain is fried. I'll try to figure
    out the picture process later on. I just feel so sad & empty right now. I'm just tired I guess.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh, I'm so very sorry.

Rest in peace, dearest Blackie, with your buddy Redbud, both of you whole, healthy, and happy there at the Bridge awaiting the Grand Reunion to come.. One Fine Day..

Deepest sympathy to you, Liz, and all who love and grieve him, both of them, so very much.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am sorry you have lost Blackie. He is now painfree and waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Sorry I missed this earlier.

So sorry to hear of your loss of Blackie. He is at the Bridge now enjoying good health and playing his heart out.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Blog Entries

Blackie

dear Blackie.. you have crossed from earth to life at the rainbow bridge and you are now with those who gone before you and you wait for your people and animals to come to the bridge at the gate of heaven where you go in together in love joy peace.. those left behind may grieve at the loss of you upon the earth now that you have entered into life so live forever long and prosper.. dear great blackie.. your one fine kitty .. 20120602.2009

My heartfelt condolences...

Oh Liz, I'm so, so sorry to hear of the passing of your beautiful Blackie and Redbud too, and in so short a time. Nothing puts fear into me more than sudden weight loss in a furkid, and for him to loose so much in so short at time he must have been very ill. I wish I could give you a hug...It's so painful, losing a furkid, no matter their age, no matter how long a time we had with them. What a wonderful mom Schuyler and Blackie had in you, Liz, and one day you'll be together again; I know it.
    (((HUGS)))
    Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

It seems these past two months have been filled with news of my friend's pet losses - and then I just see this today.

Liz, I cannot tell you how sorry I am for your loss. It hurts so much and takes your breath away. Hard as we try, there just are not the right words that would comfort you enough.

May Blackie be in peace and comfort now.