Today I took Kia and Chipper in for their annual exams. Late last week, Chipper developed a hematoma in the right ear, so I of course had the vet give her opinions on treatment.

Kia weighs in at 62 lbs! Chipper is up to 56 as well. Kia is now slightly overweight so I need to trim her up.

The vet found Kia has two broken teeth, so she recommended a dental cleaning. Having her knocked out worries me because of her age, but she'll have blood tests and x-rays prior to make sure she can handle the anesthetic.

Both of Chipper's ear canals were swollen. The vet suspects allergies. He doesn't excessively scratch, but does shake his head a lot, which caused the hematoma.

The vet recommended a surgical procedure to remove the fluid and stitch a brace to the ear. If all goes well, his ear may stand back up.

So Chipper is scheduled to go in this Thursday. He will have to stay the night, possibly two. He'll also get his vaccinations while under the anesthetic.

Kia is scheduled for next Thursday. She should be able to come home the same day unless there are complications.

But, other than the teeth and ear issues, they are doing very well and are overall healthy.

Now, to not stress out.....