Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your dog's most favorite toy and what is his favorite thing to do?

What is your dog's most favorite toy and what is his favorite thing to do?

Daisy's most favorite toy is a pink plush pig and she takes a red plush rabbit to bed with her every night.
    Her most favorite thing to do is go to the end of the coffee table and we bounce her ball to her and she catches it on the run.
    Perry's most favorite toy is a plush reindeer that plays Jingle Bells and he takes a blue rabbit to bed every night.
    His favorite thing to do is get his harness on and jump into the back of the Explorer, hook up to the seatbelt, and go for a ride.

Buddy's favorite toy is a snowman doll named frosty and it squeaks! His favorite thing to do inside is to try and get 2 or 3 soft squeaky toys in his mouth and get them all squeaking

Pepper's favorite toy is any of
    her soft squeaky ones.
    Rocky is no longer allowed to play with any
    soft squeaky toys, since he chewed
    up my stuffed bunny rabbit.
    So his favorite toy is now a Jumbo tennis ball.
    Sheba's favorite toy is her frizbee.

Simba's Favorite toy is a stuffed monkey that has rope for arms and legs (like tug or war ropes) and then one for a tail well it user to have a tail and a head but he kind of ripped them off hehehe....the monkey also squeaks. His favorite thing to do is go for rides in my dad's truck... he used to like to go to the beach and ride on my brothers wave runner but we sond is : O ( .... He hates the water but he loved jumping up on that thing and going for a ride!!!

Daisy here. My favorite thing to do? Hmm I got lots. I like to chase all the cats that live around here. I catch them every time too. Okay wanna know a secret? I have never caught one in my life. See, I'm real scared of them so I just pretend to run after them while Mom's lookin' so she'll think I'm big and bad, but then when she looks away I turn around rel fast and hide. I also love to eat and sleep and I do that a lot. I like visitin' my friends, both human, dog, and horse. I like takin' walks with Grandma and her friends and their dogs, or with Mom and her best friend and my boyfriend Moe the Brittany Spaniel. I also LOVE to play chase. I pick up a toy (it's even better if it's a sock or homework or somethin' that's not mine) and then I run around the house 'till someone chases me. That's real fun. I also like to sing with my mom. What's my favorite toy? Oh boy...I got quite a tearjerker story for yas, so grab those white things you hyoomins hold on your noses when you cry. My best non-living friend ever was Pink Bunny. Grandma bought Pink Bunny for me at Petco along with a bunch of toys before they adopted me, and yet when I got here Pink Bunny was the first toy I played with. She was a big pink bunny toy with a squeaker in her tummy. We would have conversations for hours, her squeakin' and me barkin'. I took real good care of her took her everywhere with me. I even carried her to bed at night. Now, I am not a "toys" kinda gal. I am known to shred anything. That's what toys are for, right? Well not Pink Bunny. I didn't shred Pink Bunny, no sir! She was my baby. Life was going good... 'till tragedy struck. Pink Bunny and I were outside playing in Mom's uncle's yard. He was cuttin' the grass with the loud scary chopper thing. I was hiding Pink Bunny under me so she wouldn't get scared, but then I saw a cat! I told Pink Bunny I'd be right back and I went after the cat. I sent him up a tree and then went to check on Pink Bunny. When I got back to where I had left her.... *whimper* sorry this is still a touchy subject for me... the loud grass chopper was gone and Pink Bunny was.... *HOOOOWL!* chopped! The chopper chopped my baby! *HOWL HOWL* Well this was very hard to share but I want all you doggies out there to 'member that you can't leave your toys inna way of the chopper or they'll be chopped up just like the grass. Pink Bunny and I grew up together until she had to go to the Bridge (she's there, right?) at the tender age of 8 months. Now I'm all sad and howly. I gotta go get kisses from my Mom. Seeya later!
    Slobbery Kisses,
    Daisy

P.S. This is Daisy's Mom. Poor Daisy is still shook up over the loss of dear Pink Bunny. If anyone ever sees a canvas pink stuffed bunny with a squeaker in the tummy anywhere, please tell us! Anyway, Daisy's new favorite toy is her bone. It's a hollow "cattle leg bone" as it's called, and it was sterilized and stuffed with some stuff that's supposed to be peanut butter flavored (maybe it tastes like it to dogs but I tried some and no WAY is that peanut butter!). She gnaws on that constantly and yet it withstands those teeth. It's the only thing that lasts longer than a week. That, and Pink Bunny Moment of silence for Pink Bunny everyone!!! *sniff sniff*

[This message has been edited by Daisy's Mom (edited March 08, 2001).]

my dog, Cookie's favorite toy is a colorful rope. she carries it EVERYWHERE!! and she is always trying to bite the strings off the rope, and that is always cute to watch

her favorite thing to do is having her tummy rubbed every night before she goes to sleep! she would flip over, having her tummy face the ceiling and wait for you to rub it. if you don't, she will stared into your eyes, just like asking you " why aren't you giving me a tummy rub? " and that always makes me goes over to her and rub her tummy!

Daisy, Bella here.....I am sooo sorry to hear about Pink Bunny. I dunno if Pink Bunny is at the bridge, but I shure hope so! I have a stuffed yellow alligator that squeaks and I would just die if anything happened to it. I'm only little and when I make it squeak it makes me feel 10 feet tall! I don't know what a loud grass chopper is yet, but I think maybe it is sorta like the sucker thing with the light that my new mommy pushes all over. It really scares me! I'm pretty fearless for a little girl, but that sucker thing sends me scurryin' away!

I really like lookin' inna trash can when the lid is open. My new mommy is afraid that some day she will catch me bein' a nawtee dawg just like you Daisy, and spillin' trash all over the place. She said "I can see it now. You're gonna be just like Daisy."

Hannah here. You should all know by now that there is nothin better than a KONG. I have about three of them but there is always one that is my favorite, even though two are the same size and look the same to Mom. As I am 5 years old, I have had a LOT of toys in my life. Sometimes I have a favorite for a long time and then I get upset about something so I take it out on my favorite toy. ....RIP ITS FACE OFF. Yah, I'm BAD! Mom doesn't understand this, but it's just my personality. I also like to take the squeekers out of my toys. Mom will find something on the floor and she can't figure out what it is. Pretty soon it will dawn on her that it is a squeeker from one of my toys. My giggle ball was my newest favorite thing but I kind of bite into it a bit too much and I think Mom threw it out because I haven't seen it lately. Mom really got upset when I killed "Lamby". I think that was HER favorite of my toys.

Now Tucker's got a duck..Tucker's ducker.. Mom says she's counting how many days it will last. Tucker and I both like to take our toys with us when we go outside. I'm the only one who brings them back in though. If we both take one out, then I have to make two trips bringing them back in. Our fav thing to do, is go with Mom and Dad when they go for a ride in the SUV, but we don't get to do it as much as we want to. Second fav thing is playing outside with Mom. I'll be glad when winter is over and we can get her to resume our daily outdoor playtime.

[This message has been edited by RachelJ (edited March 18, 2001).]

Daisy here. Hey Bella! Yeah the grass chopper is like the vackoom. Stay away from them things, they scare me too! I hate vackooms and any time Mom pulls it out - which is rare, only when Grandma yells at her to do it a hundred times - I run away. I think she's scared of it too. You take good care of your toys, lil' one! And don't let yer Mom make ya think bein' like me is a bad thing! I'm a great dog. Mom says so, 'cept when i am playin' in trash. I am quite flattered that yer Mom talks 'bout me even if it is negatively. Mom says the trash situation is out of control. Hey if she puts food inna trash, what do ya expect me to do? Let it go to waste? Think of the starving doggies on the streets who would kill for that food. Ya can't waste!
    Tail Wags,
    Daisy

Maybe some of you remember a previous post where we talked about favorite toys. I for one, mentioned and UGH! highly recommended a new toy called the "wiggly-giggly." It was hyped on the Oprah Show last Xmas and was named the number 1 new toy of 1999. I bought one for my lab Star, and she loved it. It is either a ball or bone shape made of really tough rubber/?plastic? and makes the funniest noises when you throw or shake it. It seemed indestructible and chew proof. Well, today I got an alert from a dog web-ring I belong to. Very sadly, the poster of the message tragically lost her dog after he ingested the toxic, zinc coated noise makers inside the ball. There have been other deaths reported as well. The zinc is highly toxic and potentially lethal (within a very short time) should they be ingested. Incredibly, and by God's grace, FOR ONCE my lab Star did not rip a toy apart and attack the insides. If anyone else has this toy, PLEASE throw it away, and pass the word along to other dog owners. I pray no one purchased the toy upon my recommendation, and that no dog became ill because of it. Incredibly, I even researched this toy to make certain it contained no toxic material! I know Oprah bought it for her Cocker's as well, thinking it was safe.

Oh my, thanks for sharing that. I have one and my dog destroyed it. Luckly she didn't eat the inside rather she just crushed it.
    But now I am going to throw it out. I think that the Manafactures should give us our money back for that toy. It was expensive. it cost like $14.99

Thanks again, you could have saved my dog's life!

I can't believe how close to danger we were. Hannah's wiggly giggly was getting some heavy use and I actually found one of the noise makers from it on the floor. There were a number of cuts in the ball where she has bite through it. Of course I threw it away because I didn't want her to ingest any plastic bits and pieces. Last night I bought her a new one. I think I will just put it up and use it for "supervised play".
    Thanks for posting this, Logan.

OK everyone ... we're woof'en about something I'm an authority on ... toys! I'm new around here so let me introduce myself. My name is Reba and I'm a Shorthair. Yep, one of those full of energy, crazy German Shorthaired Pointers. By the way, for all those who are wondering ... yes, I do woof a little country-western.
    Back to toys ... if it's a soft stuffed doggie toy greater than 6", then I've had it in my mouth. First you must perform what I call a "doggie doctor" operation. You know what I'm talking about ... remove the squeaker from the toy. Now, there are various accepted operating procedures. 1) chew carefully through the eye or nose to access squeaker located in the head area of your toy, 2) chew gently, but firmly through the belly to remove squeaker located in the mid section, or 3) chew off foot and leg for access to squeaker located in lower region of your toy. It is absolutely not accepted procedure to remove both the eye and nose or both legs when removing squeakers in #1 and #3, respectively. FYI, removal of the tail is accepted procedure by some, but not all, doggie medical schools. Also, depending on your time ... the carefully and gently can be eliminated. Woof ... Woof.
    Us Shorthairs also have a serious side, and I'm sure many of your young pups out there are like me ... more stuffed toys than we can play with. Want to score a lot of points with your humans. Ask them if they will help you fix (in my case, stitch up the operating holes)and take them down to your local doggie shelter. There are lots of great pups who would really love to play with your extra toys.
    I'll be back to visit again. Stop by anytime to visit me. You can always find me at Reba's Homepage. I love to entertain! http://reba.topcities.com/index.htm

Hi Reba! Star the yellow lab here. Welcome! Sounds like you're going to fit RIGHT IN with this screwy but loving group! And thank you for all your sage advice and guidance re: stuffie evisceration technique. Lots of useful tips there! You simply must check out topic "Blue Rhino has passed away" in Dogs General! Same topic from the human perspective. I must say you are one beautiful GSP! And your website is very cool. Love your action shots! Hope to hear lots from you! Whenever our humans permit, we love to pound out our own doggie tales here on Pet Talk!

Oh, and Rachel, Sandra here. While I consider it a real compliment to be mistaken for Logan, it really, really was me that posted; I think! LOL!

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited April 08, 2001).]

Sorry Sandra, I must have had her on my mind for some reason. Thank YOU, Sandra. Actually you are both the best.

[This message has been edited by RachelJ (edited April 08, 2001).]