Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PUPPY QUESTION

PUPPY QUESTION

Does anyone else's puppies eat SOCKS? No, seriously, I mean it! Its like the babe's OBSESSED with socks! Ever since we found him, he was pulling socks off our feet and happily collecting tham off the floor around the house! Anyone else have a dog like this????

------------------
    JaD

Hannah loves to remove my socks. I think it is the cutest thing. She'll remove one and then go after the other one. She does it by grabbing the tip of the toe and shaking it until it comes off. It's amazing that she never chomps down on a toe in the process, but she doesn't.

My puppy never had a thing for socks, but she liked underware. I wish it had been socks.

Both of my dogs are always stealing socks from anywhere they can find them, and chewing in delight the smellier they are. We always scold them and take them away, after watching the life threatening and very expensive surgery episodes on Animal Plant. Intestinal blockages from panties, socks, pantyhose and other odd things. Be careful, they think they are yummy treats.

My cat steals socks every night, and meows until we come and see what she 'killed'. My older dog also pulls socks and scrunchies off, but never was obsessed w/ it.

My mini schnauzer LOVES my panty hose. I made the mistake once of giving him an old pair. Unfortunately, he doesn't know the difference between new and old ones. So now, when I get dressed, he has to stay out of the room!!!

My dog dosent go for my socks he goes for my blanket in the middle of the night when i am sleeping. ;0)

Simba never played\chewed on sox or any undergarments. Except for when i give him ym old sox and a tie the ends together and use it for a tug o war toay he loves it!!

------------------

*.KayAnn.*&Simba*RuFf*

Hm.. that's interesting. I can't ahve a dog since my bro is allergic. But ny friend's dog loves to drink swimming pool water from their personal swimming pool out of the pool. If we give the water to her in her bowl, she won't drink it! Only out of the pool! Actually the chlorine is bad for her so they try to stop her. But once she was tyring to drink the water when i was there and she FELL INTO THE POOL! When I got her out she had this look on her face! SO cuuute!

Yes Bella is a sock puppy too! She does wait until they are off our feet though! (Loved that note about Hannah!) She is also following in her predecessor's "paw steps" by grabbing any small towel (hand towel or dish towel) that is within her reach and then running away with it. As she runs away the tail is straight up and the gait is rather haughty as if to say (haha! pulled one over on you!)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tokitaegirl:
    [QB]Does anyone else's puppies eat SOCKS? No, seriously, I mean it! Its like the babe's OBSESSED with socks! Ever since we found him, he was pulling socks off our feet and happily collecting tham off the floor around the house! Anyone else have a dog like this????

My dog used to do that when he was a puppy, but now he has grown out of that habbit. If you wait for at least a year your dog will out grow that stage.

"Looking into a dogs eyes to me is like looking into life it'self"
    From Tiger and Chelsea
    (e-mail me at [email protected])

I dunnoe... with my friend's pup it is her underwear!! Now that is a real headache... and expensive too.
    I think I own my dog, but it owns my heart and home

[quote]Originally posted by DogFan77:
    <STRONG>
    Originally posted by tokitaegirl:
    [QB]Does anyone else's puppies eat SOCKS? No, seriously, I mean it! Its like the babe's OBSESSED with socks! Ever since we found him, he was pulling socks off our feet and happily collecting tham off the floor around the house! Anyone else have a dog like this????

My dog used to do that when he was a puppy, but now he has grown out of that habbit. If you wait for at least a year your dog will out grow that stage.

</STRONG>

THIS IS GONNA SOUND GROCE...BUT I'VE HEARD THAT IT IS ACTUALLY YOUR BODY ODOR THAT ATTRACTS THE DOG TO THINGS LIKE YOUR SOCKS OR YOUR UNDERWEAR.....IT'S THEIR WAY OF BEING "CLOSE" TO YOU.....TRY THIS....SLEEP WITH A BLANKET THAT YOU PLAN TO GIVE TO YOUR PUPPY...BUT SLEEP WITH IT FIRST FOR ABOUT A WEEK TO GET YOUR SCENT ON IT...AND THEN GIVE IT TO HIM TO BE HIS VERY OWN AND SEE IF THE SOCK THING TAPERS OFF...IF NOT....HOPEFULLY HE'LL GROW OUT OF IT....AS HE GETS OLDER....GOOD LUCK!!!

[quote]Originally posted by DogFan77:
    <STRONG>
    Originally posted by tokitaegirl:

</STRONG>

Ricky used to do socks too, in fact I found several hidden in my son's closet where he had stashed them. I figured that was bad enough but now he likes to hide shoes. I still can't figure out why or how he manages to drag those shoes all over the house when he is so little.

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: MHMama ]