Thread: Today is a really hard day *please read*

Today is a really hard day *please read*

One year ago, May 6th 2011, was the day I lost my precious baby girl, Josie. She was my entire world. My best friend.

I got Josie when I was 13 years old. I begged my dad for years to let me get a puppy of my own. And he finally agreed if I saved up and took care of her myself. It was the best day of my life when I got her, and we did everything together. I went through a lot of trouble with friends in my teens and I really didn't have any. I was depressed and alone so I guess I depended on her even more. She was always there for me. She snuggled me when I cried, and was there when I was happy. I could swear she "listened" to everything I told her.

I have so many good memories with her. She was such a great dog and I was so blessed to have her in my life. I honestly can't believe she's been gone for a year now. I still miss her but I'm able to think of the good times now instead of feeling only sadness when thinking of her. Though I am tearing up writing this now. I wasn't able to do a memorial post when she passed. It was just to hard. I couldn't really talk about it for a long time. So it really means a lot to me those who took the time to read this. She really meant everything to me. I love her so much. I have a picture, paw print and her ashes on my shelf with her favorite toy. I'm sure that's silly but it comforts me to know I have a part of her.

I'd like to share some photos of her life with you all.

When I first got her. She was so small and adorable. We would go for a walk and come home and I'd lie down on the couch with her on my belly and she'd drift off to sleep.

unfortunately I didn't have a nice camera when I was younger so no good puppy pictures.

my girl and me when I was younger.

my girls snuggling with me. another very painful memory (still painful now) is my precious kitten seen here too, passed away 3 months after I lost Josie from kidney failure. I honestly didn't think I was going to survive. I'm still not sure I would have if I didn't have Clover then.

They brought me so much happiness and love.

Also here are 2 videos of Josie at her favorite place doing her favorite thing - running and bounding through the fields.
    http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=MVI_2585.mp4
    http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=MVI_2584.mp4

thank you for taking the time to read this.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Oh, your story about how much you miss your baby girl, Josie, made me cry. I know how you feel. I lost my baby girl, Mi-ke, 14 years ago, but I still cry when I think about her. I loved her that much. She was my baby and whenever we lose someone that close to us (be they animal or human) it is so hard to get over. I'm so sorry for your loss, and please remember, you'll always have your memories of her.

OMG...I first thought something happened to Clover. Whew!

Yes it is tough to lose them and we never forget them. Thankfully your heart healed and you were able to move on.

Hugs.

I remember Josie. It's easy to see she was very special to you. The pain will lessen over time, but she is always going to be with you, in your heart.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

She was so pretty and the black coat just SHINES! Love that sparkle in her eyes, too. Hugs to you today.

We all remember Josie, and know how important to you was, and still is. You and she taught each other so much, and she will always be part of you, and in fact will be part of every interaction you have from this moment on.

As I always say,"Death never wins, love lives on forever."

I remember Josie, believe it or not. You used to post alot of pics of her and Zeke together and they looked like they had the best life together. I am so sorry you lost her. We all know how difficult it is especially when they mean so much...RIP Josie You're missed by all!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. It means a lot.

She really was such a wonderful dog. She would sit in a chair by the window whenever I left for work and would look out the window til I got home. She followed me everywhere, and ALWAYS was where I was. She was very protective of me as well. A drunk man tried to come up to me once and he really gave me the creeps (it was late at night) and he kept saying weird stuff to me. When he got close Josie started to growl and bark and he backed off. I was actually afraid of this guy so I was thankful she was there to protect me.

Josie was a beautiful dog! She reminds me so much of my sweet Sadie girl who I lost this last February. Gosh shes beautiful! Nothing like a black Labrador who was your childhood best friend. Hugs to you

I am sorry for your loss. Josie was a beautiful girl and it sounds as if she was a very loving loyal friend to you and vice versa. I understand your missing her and it's good you were able to move on but still have your memories. Hugs to you.

My goodness i did not realise you were Josie and Zeke's human . Of course i remember josie, such a gorgeous girl.I am very sorry for your loss, it is so so hard to lose our friends .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Aww, what a gorgeous dog she was, she looks so happy and sweet. No wonder you miss her.

Remember the good memories and know that she is watching over you from the RB.

Loved the pictures and video's.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks again everyone for the wonderful replies

I remember your losses, and how hard it was. It exemplifies the love you had for her. She was forever loved, and will never be forgotten.