My goodness! For the past month or so, I've been riding this off the track Thoroughbred named Aria. She's absolutely AWESOME and can jump pretty much anything, but she is SO HIGH STRUNG.

Of course, yesterday she was also in heat. She almost got me off before we'd even walked a full lap around the arena. She was SO witchy! She also decided that she wasn't going to turn to the right, which lead to lots of stall outs, bucks, and a few smacks on the rump from me. (we totally got it by the end, though!)

I'm slowly learning to work with her, though, and it's going really well. There's a lot less demanding and a lot more compromise, and if I ask right she will do anything. Right now we're staying to low jumps, working on our turns and distances and pace at 3' before we move up. I've seen this horse do 4'6" though without too much struggle.

If there was any way for me to lease/own this horse, I'd be ALL over it. Even the barn owner/head trainer/Aria's owner likes her and I together (last night, he said that I ride her the best out of anyone at the barn )

Here she is doing 3'6" with my trainer...so little effort!

And, just because I think his face is hilarious, have Gunner photobombing after our ride on Monday